Thread: The Late Henry Gong Sifu: Lower Spinal Rotation

The Late Henry Gong Sifu: Lower Spinal Rotation

Greetings,

I did not want to take the thread on Spinal Alignment in another direction. Henry Gong made inroads on the importance of the lower spine in movement and how it affects everyone. If you can find his material it is worth studying. I wish I purchased the video when I had the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuytA87FGSc

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I did not want to take the thread on Spinal Alignment in another direction. Henry Gong made inroads on the importance of the lower spine in movement and how it affects everyone. If you can find his material it is worth studying. I wish I purchased the video when I had the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuytA87FGSc

mickey
    Thank you for sharing this- great information and insight from the Sifu. The lower spine area is very important- unfortunatly this is an area of the body that most people (non athletes and even some athletes) over-look. In my daily exercise such as qigong practice I target my lower spine/ pelvis area very much and am mindful of it in my other exercise/ kung fu/ at work etc. Targeting the lower spine/ pelvis with stretches, rotations, power generations is very important- on days where I have to cut back on exercise if I focus on just one thing it is the lower spine region.

Greetings MarathonTmatt,

It seems that you are training for the long haul. Power to ya!

mickey

From our archives

See our 2005 July/August issue: Lower Spinal Rotation: The Essence of Waist Power By Paul Weisz with Master Henry Gong
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart