Thread: Wanna See Elvira before She became Elvira???

Wanna See Elvira before She became Elvira???

Greetings,

She was in Alan Quartermain and Yhe Lost City of Gold. In purple at 56:06. Keep your hands where I can see them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShP6KtibKQ

mickey

*Schwing !!!*
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

mickey

Search Cassandra Peterson Working Girls - NSFW

I crossed paths with her as Elvira at Wondercon 2011. She was in has-been alley and attracted the longest autograph line. I didn't get to meet her because that line was just ridiculous and I couldn't figure out how to ply my press credentials into a free selfie with her. She was pushing 60 then and still absolutely stunning.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Greetings,

I have this suspicion for a very, very long time and, now, I know it is true. There is a Catholic priest taking refuge deeply inside Gene Ching. If you hit the right button, he will confess everything.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 09-17-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Gene at Wondercon 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I crossed paths with her as Elvira at Wondercon 2011. She was in has-been alley and attracted the longest autograph line. I didn't get to meet her because that line was just ridiculous and I couldn't figure out how to ply my press credentials into a free selfie with her. She was pushing 60 then and still absolutely stunning.
    Someone who's line wasn't as long . . .
    Name:  wondercon08.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  94.5 KB

I greatly admire Cassandra Peterson. What nerd doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    There is a Catholic priest taking refuge deeply inside Gene Ching. If you hit the right button, he will confess everything.
    Ha, well, I'm a writer so I like to expose myself.

Actually, I don't. I have a public face I put on for our readership. But I do admire the Catholic equation over the Buddhist one. Buddhist karma haunts you for many lifetimes to come. Catholic absolution is a pretty good deal by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaa. Yeah, he was just a few tables down, right? Elvira's line obscured his table for a while.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Name:  wondercon08.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  94.5 KB
    LOL, Bob wall ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Yep. You got it, s_r

He is retelling the story of his fight scene with Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon.

Try this one:

The poster in the background is a dead giveaway.

And despite my respect for these two gentleman, I would have really liked to get a selfie with Elvira.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I wish I could have met Jim Kelly.

I was at a SoCal tournament back in the 90s, and Bob Wall was given a special intro over the PA system by the tournament host, saying he would sign autographs or take photos or whatever. As I remember, there seemed to be little if any reaction.

**edit to add:
    IMO, Cassandra Peterson looked better naturally, without all the makeup as in this role here and as Elvira.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 09-17-2015 at 04:23 PM.

A new Netlix show?

Elvira is still such a tease...

Cassandra Peterson Teases Elvira: Mistress of the Dark Sequel, Possible Netflix Series
    KEVIN BURWICK— January 6th, 2019in MOVIE NEWS

Cassandra Peterson, aka Elvira, teased some pretty exciting news during a Q&A this weekend in her Instagram stories. Horror fans have been waiting for a sequel to Elvira Mistress of the Dark since 1988 and Peterson revealed that it might actually still be happening. Additionally, Peterson mentioned talks to bring some form on her classic Elvira's Movie Macabre to Netflix. The horror genre is in the middle of a pretty big resurgence at the moment, and anybody who has been to recent convention knows that Cassandra Peterson is still a very hot commodity after all of these years.

During a Q&A session held through Instagram, Cassandra Peterson talked about all things Elvira and even delved into her personal life. For instance, Peterson is not a Pepsi or Coke kind of girl. Instead, she's all about the Dr. Pepper. When asked about a possible sequel to Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Peterson admitted that she has been thinking about the sequel quite a bit lately. She had this to say.

"I'm giving this some serious thought. A LOT of people ask this question, so I'm thinking one more... we'll see!"

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark is an 80s comedy horror classic that has only gotten better with age. It was Cassandra Peterson's big screen debut as the Mistress of the Dark and she had a part in writing the screenplay. The movie didn't set the box office on fire, but it was a project that has become a hardcore cult movie in the nearly 31-years since its debut. Hopefully Peterson announces some more news about a sequel in the near future.

As for Elvira's Movie Macabre, Cassandra Peterson also revealed that she may be in talks with Netflix to get the show introduced to a whole new generation. When asked about the series coming to the streaming platform, Peterson simply said, "I'm working on it!" and provided the fingers crossed emoji. She did not go on to say if she would be making new episodes or if she would just have the old show from the early 80s streaming for horror fans. Either way, fans would be more than happy to see some more Elvira on their television sets.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips