Thread: Chinese Opera Kung Fu Are They Hideing it ?

Chinese Opera Kung Fu Are They Hideing it ?

Why can i not find anything on these systems of Kung Fu there names and forms techniques ? Are they hideing these systems and being secretive about them ? what kinde of Kung Fu Systems did the Chinese Opera have besides Wing Chun did they have any long fist northern styles ? What about Emei Kung Fu was any of them in the Chinese Opera ? There is a Sifu who taught Bruce Lee some Opera Kung Fu named Yeung Fook he was in one of the Chinese Opera s years ago and learned alot of Opera Kung Fu Systems hes probably close to 100 years old know if he s still alive I will see if i cant find some of the names of the systems he new .

some Chinese Opera with swords https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYsVjZ_FFKk

Secret systems are like secret societies:
    If you know about them, they aren;'t a secret.
    If they are a secret it means they tend to be so closed off that the "world passes them by" and they become stagnant and obsolete.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Just because you can't find it, doesn't mean it's hidden.

It might just mean you aren't looking hard enough.

Here's a hint: A Day at the Beijing Opera: An Analysis of the Wushu and Acrobatic Skills of Beijing Opera By Emilio Alpanseque (2009 May/June)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

there is no opera style its all random movements. the opera performer pays a kung fu guy to teach him some moves or just steal them from watching street performers. occasionally a failure kung fu guy will join out of desperation

back in the day people were training kung fu to be army officer or join silk road caravans. they were highest professions. if you failed then you be an army conscript for free food and housing, or join a gang. if you failed some more then you wrestle on lei tai for money. if u fail even more then you do street performance and sell medicine. if you are ultimate failure then you join opera group

lol @ singing dancing drag queens hold kung fu secrets
    Last edited by bawang; 09-25-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

You've clearly not watched Prodigal Son Bawang. I'll wait for your response.....
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    back in the day people were training kung fu to be army officer or join silk road caravans. they were highest professions. if you failed then you be an army conscript for free food and housing, or join a gang. if you failed some more then you wrestle on lei tai for money. if u fail even more then you do street performance and sell medicine. if you are ultimate failure then you join opera group

lol @ singing dancing drag queens hold kung fu secrets
    You are revealing the real secrets again.

Firehawk..Master Yeung passed away a few years back at the age of 98.

Yueng Fook new Red Boat Wing Chun , Southern Mantis , Northern Mantis , Chi Gung and other systems of Kung Fu . He made a Kung Fu system of all the kung fu that he new and combined it to make what was called fook Yung Quan .