Thread: How does qigong affect sport performance?

How does qigong affect sport performance?

Does anyone have any experience, about how qigong can enhance performance in non-combat sports?

I know a few people who practice qigong with their martial arts, and who say that the benefits of qigong such as better concentration, relaxation techniques, stress relief, and visualization, have a good effect in their training for sports as varied as basketball, soccer, and long distance running.

Does anyone have similar experiences? And might anyone know if there are any academic studies that have been conducted regarding the matter?

Thanks

kung fu traditional teaching states that if you lift weights without qigong you will not be able to recover

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Greetings,

I remember someone sharing that persistent practice of the 8 Pieces of Brocade made body weight training easier for them. That is saying a lot because from my perspective, the 8 Pieces of Brocade appears to have been dumbed down a long time ago in China.

mickey

More,

the concept of qigong and martial arts from a CMA perspective is strange to me. Internal cultivation is essential to healthy growth and development in CMA. They go hand and hand.

Deng Ming Dao, author of "Scholar Warrior", commented that CMA was so thorough in its training that those who applied themselves were well rounded to perform well in any athletic endeavor. I met him back in the 80's. He was a strong guy.

mickey

Thanks gives us lesser mortals hope. Breath and you can remain calmer with less anxiety.

They used to give Navy Seals drugs to help them achieve that in Vietnam. Those guys tried and did all sorts of stuff. Probably still do but today they figured out why most if not all Seals are the way they are. -http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/007953.html

Neuropeptide Y- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuropeptide_Y
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 10-03-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Thanks gives us lesser mortals hope. Breath and you can remain calmer with less anxiety.
    Relax, breathe, mental and physical awareness. Pretty basic to all kungfu or other training. No magic, really.

with american hobby hippy kung fu theres no need for meditation. when you do real kung fu training you will feel the need to maximize your training recovery, that includes massage, medicine, diet and meditation. otherwise you will overtrain, chronic fatigue, or injure

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    with american hobby hippy kung fu theres no need for meditation. when you do real kung fu training you will feel the need to maximize your training recovery, that includes massage, medicine, diet and meditation. otherwise you will overtrain, chronic fatigue, or injure
    I agree with this.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I agree with this.

mickey
    Bawang has often surprised me. I like him.