Thread: Perhaps I am in the wrong sub forum ?

Perhaps I am in the wrong sub forum ?

Although, the very first thread that is stuck in top slot is BOXING.

are you asking? no one here can answer that but you.
    Easiest way to do that is ask yourself why are you here and what do you look to get out of it. If you feel those answers make sense to you, stay. If not, leave.
    You're a big boy (I assume), you'll figure it out lol
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    are you asking? no one here can answer that but you.
    Easiest way to do that is ask yourself why are you here and what do you look to get out of it. If you feel those answers make sense to you, stay. If not, leave.
    You're a big boy (I assume), you'll figure it out lol
    No I am not big boy. I once got up to 197-98. Stayed there almost 2 years. But with my frame I still was not big.

If you mean adult, sometimes!

Why I am here ? For myself and to share. Won't be WC. I may suggest you look at it this way but I will probably get wont be WC. And we will go around well is it found no where in WC ? I will get, you do not understand WC. I will agree with you. But I study Guards. That's not WC. I agree with you. So I post a video and share visually, look this guy is WC and he is doing it similar to what I was talking about. I get, you do not know WC. Right, we already hashed that one out 6 times already. But he is still doing it like I was saying. I may not understand all the nuances but I understand the principle. I get, WC fights on the center. Well is he fighting on the center? Does he at least come back to the center? You don't know WC! Right, I agreed with already. Why are you here? To discuss WC. You don't know WC. That's why I am discussing it. Why would you want to discuss WC if you don't take WC? Because I see similarities to it inside of boxing. Boxing is not WC. Clearly I forget that. Forgive my lapse in memory. Well I could see that way doing very well against other systems. You don't know WC. Okay, can we add a hook ? That's not WC ? But why cant you add a hook. Because Master Yip said, No HOOKS ? I don't know Master Yip. Hooks no WC. Then John posts the Rhino guard. That's not WC. Why because he is using 2 hands to attack? You don't know WC. But is he not going center and applying the wedge? That's not WC? Is that because Master Yip said, No Rhino guard in WC? You don't no WC and the other guy is a Grappler. Yes, but he has been doing WC since before I was out of diapers. You don't know WC.

Well you don't know boxing. Yet you have a thread. Top thread on how to defeat boxers. You guys ever try it? Maybe if you want to defeat boxers you should ask boxers. They don't know WC. Probably not but at least one WC guy here has a boxing background so he could potentially give answers or point directions to find out. WC break the knee and take the eye. Stay on center. Wedge **** you.GANGSTER ART. Bawang not WC.

Anyway, I don't know WC.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    ... You don't know WC. Okay, can we add a hook ? That's not WC ? But why cant you add a hook. Because Master Yip said, No HOOKS ? I don't know Master Yip. Hooks no WC. Then John posts the Rhino guard. That's not WC. Why because he is using 2 hands to attack? You don't know WC. But is he not going center and applying the wedge? That's not WC? Is that because Master Yip said, No Rhino guard in WC? You don't no WC and the other guy is a Grappler. Yes, but he has been doing WC since before I was out of diapers. You don't know WC.
    Well, if you do genuinely want to learn about the art and be an accepted poster here, you can probably start by dropping the condescending attitude. No one here said anything like those things above. Sounds like you don't like some of the answers to your questions. With this attitude, and if you don't like the actual answers you receive from WC people that have been in this art a long time, then yeah, maybe this isn't the place for you. For me, if this is how you view people here that are trying to help you, you've created your own problems

Well you don't know boxing. Yet you have a thread. Top thread on how to defeat boxers. You guys ever try it? Maybe if you want to defeat boxers you should ask boxers. They don't know WC. Probably not but at least one WC guy here has a boxing background so he could potentially give answers or point directions to find out. WC break the knee and take the eye. Stay on center. Wedge **** you.GANGSTER ART. Bawang not WC.

Anyway, I don't know WC.
    Again, drop the tone. You're the one that started this thread, I didn't even require a reply to my post - I was only trying to help give advice on how you may introspectively answer your own question. But yes, I do know boxing. I boxed before I even heard of WC. And many others here have other non-WC backgrounds & experience. And no, that thread isn't about 'how to defeat boxers'. Maybe you are grossly exaggerating or it's a reading comprehension problem? (and I don't mean this to slight you)

Instead of getting defensive because you 'don't know WC' or don't like our answers, and if you are genuinely interested in learning about the art, maybe you could start by taking a deep breath, open your mind, 'empty your tea cup' and simply accept/consider what those that do are trying to share with you.

Or, as you pointed out, you can simply find another sub forum that suits you better. It's pretty simple really - no need for all this drama. WC forums typically have enough of that already!
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 10-01-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Well, if you do genuinely want to learn about the art and be an accepted poster here, you can probably start by dropping the condescending attitude. No one here said anything like those things above. Sounds like you don't like some of the answers to your questions. With this attitude, and if you don't like the actual answers you receive from WC people that have been in this art a long time, then yeah, maybe this isn't the place for you. For me, if this is how you view people here that are trying to help you, you've created your own problems

Again, drop the tone. You're the one that started this thread, I didn't even require a reply to my post - I was only trying to help give advice on how you may introspectively answer your own question. But yes, I do know boxing. I boxed before I even heard of WC. And many others here have other non-WC backgrounds & experience. And no, that thread isn't about 'how to defeat boxers'. Maybe you are grossly exaggerating or it's a reading comprehension problem? (and I don't mean this to slight you)

Instead of getting defensive because you 'don't know WC' or don't like our answers, and if you are genuinely interested in learning about the art, maybe you could start by taking a deep breath, open your mind, 'empty your tea cup' and simply accept/consider what those that do are trying to share with you.

Or, as you pointed out, you can simply find another sub forum that suits you better. It's pretty simple really - no need for all this drama. WC forums typically have enough of that already!
    Drama ? I was simply giving the cliffs-notes version . I did sprinkle in some humour. I do find it funny that the very first thread made a sticky in fact, in a WC forum no less, has to deal with boxing ! Yes, there was over exaggeration. Again, humour. Comprehension problems. Sometimes But is ASK. If fact John was kind enough to post a video when I was mis-comprehending him. I could also suggest maybe some WC guys need to open their mind and empty their cups. If it aint working the way it should who else has the answer? Maybe another WC guy for starters. Just suggestions really. If a guy tells me WC is **** full contact I ask why? Because it does not work with rules? If you can not work it in rules how do you know it will work for you with out them? Of course, there are always rules. Even in prison.

Or I am told it is not a fast system to learn but I pointed put really, always advertised that way. Only to be told, 5-10 years ? Well that's great if you are a kid, If you are lucky, by the time your graduate you may be able to hold your own. But, until them, doom on you. CRAP and you and I had that discussion. So, again, I say, well this guy here is doing it this way. Hey look he is Master Yips student. Maybe he knows something? I look at it and see, more options one may not have been taught or considered.

Anyway, I am not angry, sad, hurt, non of that. I think you guys are still not over the trolls. I am not here to cause trouble. Make fun of. Say this is better than that. If something does not work for a guy I will suggest finding another way. I do not mean, leave WC because it seems to be failing you. That is an option always. But I never suggested that.

I do not think I have been rude to anyone. At least not intentionally. I have done my best to remain serious and thoughtful in replies. I do not need to be that way. In fact, I am much better at not being that way.

Anyway, I am here to be friends. The learn from one anther. It is a board of words. I do the best I can with those things. You may misunderstand me as much as I may misunderstand any of you. INTENTIONS. My intentions are good.

Read me or don't. Share or do not. I will always find someone who will.

Much of this was in general to be clear. Some was specific to you.

Thank you for your time.

I concur with JPinAZ. If you listen to answers and drop the boastful/condescending tone then maybe you will like it better here.

What you seem to want to do though (much like John Wang) is tell wing chun people they are wrong without spending the time to understand what wing chun is first. This doesn't encourage positive replies.

I will only touch on this, because I don't have the energy (or interest) to address the rest.

I could also suggest maybe some WC guys need to open their mind and empty their cups. If it aint working the way it should who else has the answer? Maybe another WC guy for starters. Just suggestions really.
    And you're right back to this again. You seem to be the only one continually trying to solve that non-problem here (and maybe Ed and his University lol). Who here besides you, is complaining WC 'ain't working the way it should'? Please provide links to the quotes to back this up because I don't see anyone beside you, and maybe John, doing that.. And you wonder why sometimes not all of your 'views' are met with open arms...

Maybe you are in the wrong sub forum if you have this thin of skin. Because bottom line, if you are not the least-bit butt-hurt, sad, angry, whatever, then why the he!! does this thread even exist if not to complain, gain sympathy or gain attention?
    Lol, yes, drama...
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 10-01-2015 at 04:45 PM.

To grab attention ? Hell yes. I am not WC posting in a WC forum. One of you may be to stupid to not take notice. It happens! It is not my fault you guys are blinded from being trampled in the past. Got those defenses up. Or you have a tanturn, That's not WC!!!!! Wing Chun is clearly defined and one must never write outside the lines. I don't see it that way. I do not know WC!

Boast ? Call it that if you must but if it helps you from getting your ass beat, I tried to help. Made you aware anyway.

Well, I guess you know butt hurt then, Jpin. Troll probably got you.

Guy B. Why don't you explain to me how you will beat a boxer ? Or a CLF guy? Or a wrestler? Or a MMA guy? Or a just keep on adding to that list buddy. Need another year? You can even expand on that. Rules or no rules? Gloves or no gloves? I think you get that idea. But they can do anything if no rules buddy. Anything. A boxer does not need to only box. Try to understand where most boxing facilities are located and the king of people it attracts. Most don't have nothing. Get to go there for free cause they are poor. Been kicked around since day one! Think they cant play mean? Or a wrestler? You don't think he can punch and gouge after he takes you down? Hopefully that dies not happen. WW2 combatives. One linage was based around wrestling. Not a quick methodology either. 8 weeks. They made vicious f-uckers.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 10-01-2015 at 05:14 PM.

To grab attention ? Hell yes. I am not WC posting in a WC forum. One of you may be to stupid to not take notice. It happens! It is not my fault you guys are blinded from being trampled in the past. Got those defenses up. Or you have a tanturn, That's not WC!!!!! Wing Chun is clearly defined and one must never write outside the lines. I don't see it that way. I do not know WC!

Boast ? Call it that if you must but if it helps you from getting your ass beat, I tried to help. Made you aware anyway.

Well, I guess you know butt hurt then, Jpin. Troll probably got you.

Guy B. Why don't you explain to me how you will beat a boxer ? Or a CLF guy? Or a wrestler? Or a MMA guy? Or a just keep on adding to that list buddy. Need another year?
    And there it is. My 1 year old doesn't misbehave this poorly.
    You're right, this isn't the forum for you.

Guy B. Why don't you explain to me how you will beat a boxer ? Or a CLF guy? Or a wrestler? Or a MMA guy? Or a just keep on adding to that list buddy. Need another year? You can even expand on that. Rules or no rules? Gloves or no gloves? I think you get that idea. But they can do anything if no rules buddy. Anything. A boxer does not need to only box. Try to understand where most boxing facilities are located and the king of people it attracts. Most don't have nothing. Get to go there for free cause they are poor. Been kicked around since day one! Think they cant play mean? Or a wrestler? You don't think he can punch and gouge after he takes you down? Hopefully that dies not happen. WW2 combatives. One linage was based around wrestling. Not a quick methodology either. 8 weeks. They made vicious f-uckers.
    I hope that nothing bad has happened to you recently. I think that the best thing would be to take a deep breath and not think about martial arts for a while. Spend some time with people you love outside and away from your computer. Good luck.

And there it is. My 1 year old doesn't misbehave this poorly.
    You're right, this isn't the forum for you.
    There is what ? An outburst? You would be mistaken. Simple in your face truth. He wants to go on about how it sucks in the ring. Not me. I try to help. Fix it. Find a way. You and he take offense? I am not allowed to ask how you would try and beat another art with your art ? Taboo? Take it how you like. I was warned to stay out of here. I like to find out for myself. I still see no problems. Believe it not some people do like me and they way I think. I was never trying to offend. I did not start with the little boy this, and all the other stuff. Not me! Tell me about your 1 year old. Ill tell you about my 20 year old.( Enjoy it, goes by fast.) Play nice. I can play not nice too. I told you I did not want to continue. I apologized for creating that thread. I did not like the direction things were going. I made attempts. Fu-ck me if I see some guy get beat and ask what can be done to fix that? Your answer was?

So avoid the question or let me and everyone else no how you would handle ,Guy ? Start with the boxer. There are more than one styles and one guard. He should be the easiest, he is limited in his tools, maybe , depends on your rules or lack of them. You pick the battle ground. He has the same time in as you. Cap it there for all the others too.

There is what ? An outburst? You would be mistaken. Simple in your face truth. He wants to go on about how it sucks in the ring. Not me. I try to help. Fix it. ....Cap it there for all the others too.
    I have to agree with guy b on this. Maybe take a break from all of this and find an outlet to balance yourself.
    This is my last reply to you. Good luck.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 10-01-2015 at 06:04 PM.

There you go again, starting with the slights. Mocking my balance issue, LOL. Just kidding man. Fair enough? We done ? I hope we can be friends and continue to get along amicably. And to answer a question I failed to. Yes, I did other arts. I was not very good at them either.

There you go again, starting with the slights. Mocking my balance issue, LOL. Just kidding man. Fair enough? We done ? I hope we can be friends and continue to get along amicably. And to answer a question I failed to. Yes, I did other arts. I was not very good at them either.
    Amicable... did I hear that word? Yes that's how I'd handle a boxer. Amicably. you know, buy him a beer. Yep, a beer for boxerbilly! Why not? Fighting a good boxer would really suck. Now CLF? Not sure about that, but maybe take them out for dim sum. Otherwise close in really tight. Good WC in Hong Kong did pretty well against CLF. As for a wrestler ...well I used to wrestle. Last time a had a go was about 6 years ago at age 54 against a decent high school senior. The boy was bigger than me too. Still, I controlled him pretty well but didn't pin him. Problem is I hurt for more than a week, while he was fine as soon as he caught his wind. Now I'm 60 and my back is going out. Herniated disks and sciatica.. So, how would I handle a wrestler? If he's under 21, the beer offer won't fly, so hit him with a pipe, maybe? my Escrima skills are still pretty solid.

Anyway, I do WC just for the fun of it. If I were younger and more into testing myself, I'd probably look to training with somebody more like Alan Orr. We've actually got somebody sorta like that where I live. Boxer and FMA guy. Runs an MMA club, but has some knowledge of WC and employs some of it's principles. I personally favor pretty classical WC. I do too much chi-sau and too little sparring. Like to hear from others who do fight a lot though. So keep posting, Billy. I'm game.
    Last edited by Grumblegeezer; 10-01-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Thank you sir. Maybe I was being to brash and boastful. Yeah, I hear and read lot's of words. They surround me. Everyone have a good day.