Thread: Reputable and Traditional Kung Fu schools around Lexngton and Somerset Kentucky

Reputable and Traditional Kung Fu schools around Lexngton and Somerset Kentucky

Hello, I was wandering if anyone knew of a recognized and accepted traditional kung fu school in and around Lexington and somerset, Ky. I cannot travel to Louisville but somerset, Berea, Richmond, Lexington (pretty much anything from Lexington and going south to the TN state line) would be great. I am looking to broaden my martial arts horizons. And does anyone know anything about "Grandmaster" Michael Neal and the Madison Martial Arts Academy? The IAOMAS website states "by the 1990’s and with his Grandmaster retiring in 1993, He was awarded the leadership of the System and with it the Grandmaster 10Th Degree Black Belt of this Shaolin Kung-Fu System. His Grandmaster (Liang Ming chuan)" and I can't find any info on Liang Ming Chuan but Neal's bio looks as if he was a student of Sin The or his brother. Particular style right now does not matter, but I would prefer something with: A verifiable lineage, usable techniques, and a generally respected name. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by nautavac View Post
    Hello, I was wandering if anyone knew of a recognized and accepted traditional kung fu school in and around Lexington and somerset, Ky. I cannot travel to Louisville but somerset, Berea, Richmond, Lexington (pretty much anything from Lexington and going south to the TN state line) would be great. I am looking to broaden my martial arts horizons. And does anyone know anything about "Grandmaster" Michael Neal and the Madison Martial Arts Academy? The IAOMAS website states "by the 1990’s and with his Grandmaster retiring in 1993, He was awarded the leadership of the System and with it the Grandmaster 10Th Degree Black Belt of this Shaolin Kung-Fu System. His Grandmaster (Liang Ming chuan)" and I can't find any info on Liang Ming Chuan but Neal's bio looks as if he was a student of Sin The or his brother. Particular style right now does not matter, but I would prefer something with: A verifiable lineage, usable techniques, and a generally respected name. Any thoughts?
    I have a kungfu school in Somerset Ky. www.somersetkungfu.com
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)