Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A True Life Story That Happened

Quote Originally Posted by HeroFightWarrio View Post
    Because of my warrior mercy - didn't you read the end of the story?
    I did. That's how I knew you didn't send him to sleep with the fishes.

Did you change your mind about killing him?

How does this warrior mercy thing work?

Do you have to practice changing your mind a lot?

Good question. I convinced myself he'd be sleeping with the fishes because in the heat of the moment to muster fighting spirit. However, elite mercy is important.

We have very specific Jon Jitsu meditation methods to explain this. Think of it this way - "In battle the mind should be like a fierce tiger, at the end of battle the mind should be like a gentle crane." I am happy to explain the methods further if that helps?

Think of it this way - "In battle the mind should be like a fierce tiger, at the end of battle the mind should be like a gentle crane." I am happy to explain the methods further if that helps?
    Is it anything like this?

Can you teach us how to be like Jet Li? Not like Donnie Yen, because he died.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Is it anything like this?

Can you teach us how to be like Jet Li? Not like Donnie Yen, because he died.
    OT - but... best scene in that movie IMO.

Good question. I convinced myself he'd be sleeping with the fishes because in the heat of the moment to muster fighting spirit. However, elite mercy is important.

We have very specific Jon Jitsu meditation methods to explain this. Think of it this way - "In battle the mind should be like a fierce tiger, at the end of battle the mind should be like a gentle crane." I am happy to explain the methods further if that helps?

Just got back from the first training session with the elite special forces fighters. One of them said to me, "Surely the only way to defeat aggression and power is more aggression and power?" I laughed the laugh of a thousand tigers, saying, "Oh ye, so much have I to teach unto thee," before demonstrating a simple hip throw as a defence for a hook.

If anyone else wants to sign up to elite John Jitsu lessons, do not hesitate to ask.

On my way back from training today, a have-a-go-hero attacked me with a sai sword. He obviously has never heard of a little something called Jon Jitsu finger striking. Let's just leave it at that

So many evil-doers keep attacking you.

Haven't they learned their lesson?

Hasn't word gotten around by now?

I'm confused. Is it "John Jitsu" or "Jon Jitsu"? Are you master of two arts or are these just different romanizations?
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I'm confused. Is it "John Jitsu" or "Jon Jitsu"? Are you master of two arts or are these just different romanizations?
    Marvellous question. As it's originally written in Japanese — ジョン術 — there are a number of possible transliterations.

"ジョン" is written phonetically in Katakana marking it as a word of foreign origin. So it might be "John" as well as "Jon".
    Last edited by Cataphract; 10-28-2015 at 01:38 AM.

get a tramp stamp!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    "ジョン" is written phonetically in Katakana marking it as a word of foreign origin. So it might be "John" as well as "Jon".
    Yeah, exactly what I said. But thanks for repeating it.

Not exactly. You wrote it was originally written in Japanese, but it is written transitionally in Japanese. That means there is exactly one possible transliteration, unless nobody remembers who or what Jon or John is or was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    Not exactly. You wrote it was originally written in Japanese, but it is written transitionally in Japanese. That means there is exactly one possible transliteration, unless nobody remembers who or what Jon or John is or was.
    I assure you I didn't write "it is written transitionally in Japanese" as that is meaningless.