Thread: Transporting Wushu Weapons

Transporting Wushu Weapons

I'll be going to Hawaii next week for a tournament and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to transport a Nandao on United Airlines and/or Nangun. I'm afraid to check it in as oversized. The prices look steep...and I got this gut feeling that it's going to cost a fortune just to bring these items to the tournament. I don't have any luggage that could fit the Nandao either. If anyone has experience with transporting these items into and out of the states please feel free to share your knowledge. I'll be flying out from Toronto. Thanks a bunch!

Fut Gar - Sky

Quote Originally Posted by skyjhand View Post
    I'll be going to Hawaii next week for a tournament and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to transport a Nandao on United Airlines and/or Nangun. I'm afraid to check it in as oversized. The prices look steep...and I got this gut feeling that it's going to cost a fortune just to bring these items to the tournament. I don't have any luggage that could fit the Nandao either. If anyone has experience with transporting these items into and out of the states please feel free to share your knowledge. I'll be flying out from Toronto. Thanks a bunch!
    Just check them in baggage. You can't take them carry on. Obviously. Find a carton that is suitable to ship your sword.

Alternately is there anyone who will be there that can loan you the use of their weaponry?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You must check them or ship them ahead of time

With the staff, you cannot get around the oversize fees either way. Sorry.

Have fun at that Hawaii Wushu Tournament. They advertised with us and have an article featured in our NOV+DEC 2015 issue, currently on the newsstands.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart