Thread: Interview of Grand Master Dino Salvatera on The Bo Luellen Show

Blog Entries

Interview of Grand Master Dino Salvatera on The Bo Luellen Show

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Thanks a lot for sharing this, Frank! Lots of great information here. I only got 13 minutes in as I have to get ready for work, but I'll be catching the rest later.

I believe that the Hawaiian guy that Grand Master Salvatera mentions at around 9:00 (give or take a few seconds) who he says was GM Lau Bun's only non-Chinese student was Sensei Richard Tokumoto, who was my Sifu Primicias' Kajukenbo teacher from Hawaii. I remember years back that Sifu mentioned his teacher met Lau Bun and wanted to learn. If I remember correctly, Lau Bun told him to punch him as hard as he could. Tokumoto initially didn't want to, but was told if he wanted to learn he must do it. When he punched at Lau Bun, Lau Bun caught his hand and brought Tokumoto to his knees with a pressure point(?). After that he was accepted as a student, but only for a short while. Maybe part of the reason was that Tokumoto lived in L.A. and had to commute(?). I should ask my Sifu again to be certain I have the story straight, but that's how I remember it.

Blog Entries
    I believe that the Hawaiian guy that Grand Master Salvatera mentions at around 9:00 (give or take a few seconds) who he says was GM Lau Bun's only non-Chinese student was Sensei Richard Tokumoto, who was my Sifu Primicias' Kajukenbo teacher from Hawaii.
    thanks bro. but sorry, the hawaiian guy was Clifford Kamaka.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    thanks bro. but sorry, the hawaiian guy was Clifford Kamaka.
    Thanks for the clarification.

About Marysville Bok Kai

Greetings,

hskwarrior, I just remembered that I did not post this. With regard to footage that may feature your Dai Sigung, I suggest you explore the following:

- The Smithsonian Institution.

- The Jing Mo in Hawaii. I do not know if Patrick Hodges is still in this world to assist.

- The University of Hawaii

- The Museum of the Moving Image

- The Chinese Communities in Hawaii, Oakland, San francisco, etc. who may have footage that they do not know what to do with.

Extreme Long Shot:

- Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Japanese international news agencies

mickey