Thread: What is your favorite move(s)

What is your favorite move(s)

Me, I would say cross-hook or hook cross. I used it the most.

Kick wise, a front straight legged off the rear mild bend in knee. I used it the most.

Funny, I trained so much and this is what I always seemed to use. The openings were always there I guess. My memory is shot today.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 11-06-2015 at 05:58 PM.

LOL, this went over well.

Have a great day dudes.

Well, it's more about the setups and combos.

Individual moves depend that context.

Axe kick

Not incredibly useful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    Axe kick

Not incredibly useful, though.
    I have used it back in my ITF days but not very much. Once I recall and really it was an accident. I threw a spin hook and the guy did something and I just dropped the heel of his collar bone. Everyone thought it was planned but really I just got lucky I think.

Some guys loved that stuff. Take it to the face/chest and almost everyone gets knocked down.

Blog Entries
    When I play the

- grappling game, "single leg" is one of my favor moves. I had used it to win 7 rounds in a role in one tournament. It's different from the western wrestling "single leg". I'll use just one hand to get my opponent's leading leg while I'll use another hand to deal with his arms and upper body. I have more than 16 different ways to set it up and apply it. I also have more than 6 different ways to finish it. When I'm tired, I just wait for my opponent to step in. It works very well in defense as well. As long as I can line up my back foot with my opponent's feet, I can always get his leading leg. It was the 1st grappling tool that I had put into my toolbox.

- striking game, "haymaker" is one of my favor moves. I had used it to knock a vertical person into a horizontal person before his body dropped to the ground. It's one of my bread and butter moves when I decide to knock my opponent out.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-08-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Back in my Karate days, I was more of a kicker, and my favorite was the side kick, followed by the roundhouse kick. I was able to make those work especially well.

Later on, my whole viewpoint changed, and I don't really have a favorite move/strike/kick/sweep/throw, etc. It depends on what's appropriate at the moment. It became more that my 'favorite' move(s) was/were whatever I was landing effectively at the moment. Especially in CLF, where everything is done in combinations.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-08-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When I play the

- grappling game, "single leg" is one of my favor moves. I had used it to win 7 rounds in a role in one tournament. It's different from the western wrestling "single leg". I'll use just one hand to get my opponent's leading leg while I'll use another hand to deal with his arms and upper body. I have more than 16 different ways to set it up and apply it. I also have more than 6 different ways to finish it. When I'm tired, I just wait for my opponent to step in. It works very well in defense as well. As long as I can line up my back foot with my opponent's feet, I can always get his leading leg. It was the 1st grappling tool that I had put into my toolbox.

- striking game, "haymaker" is one of my favor moves. I had used it to knock a vertical person into a horizontal person before his body dropped to the ground. It's one of my bread and butter moves when I decide to knock my opponent out.
    LOL. Great to see you back John.

Thanks everyone.

Tieu Sao

I'm lefty

counter cross
    heel kick to the hip
    round kick pushing off of clinch
    O goshi (high on the under)
    Basic scissor sweep from guard
    Foothold sweep from half

Nothing fancy, probably the first techs most people learn

Teabagging following the KO of course.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Front spring leg kick to the jewels....

....or banning. Wait...are we talking about Kung Fu or the forum?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by david jamieson View Post
    teabagging following the ko of course.
    lol.................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq_j1sCfjEs

faovorite moves are plenty. but just to point out leg methods are very important.

leg sweeping or sao tui.

leg/ankle hooking or gou tui.

If you practice shaolin fists, there are plenty of sao tui.

If you practice mantis, there are plenty of gou shou and tui.

Not saying it works all the time.

Just ready to jump if somebody do those leg methods on you. or tornado jump to avoid the 3 or 4 legs sweeps on slaught.