Thread: Jing Wu Original Curriculum- 10 Sets?

Jing Wu Original Curriculum- 10 Sets?

The barehand forms included in the Shanghai Jing Wu curriculum include Tan Tui/ Tam Tui, Gong Li Quan/ Gung Lik Kuen, Jie Quan/ Jeet Kuen, and Da Zhan Quan/ Dai Jin Kuen. I read in an older thread entitled "1909" that Tuo Zhan Quan/ Tuo Jin Kuen (Escape Battle) was included in the original 10 forms in the Jing Wu curriculum in Shanghai. I think it is interesting to note that many styles associated with the Hong Kong Jing Wu Association, like Eagle Claw (through Lau Fat Mang and Lily Lau), do not practice Da Zhan Quan, but practice Tuo Zhan Quan instead. Does anyone know what forms were included in the original Jing Wu curriculum?

Thanks!

Here are two Jing Wu references for you.

Here's our Jing Wu special issue: SEP+OCT 2006

And here's our thread on book you should read: Jingwu-The-School-that-Transformed-Kung-Fu-by-Brian-Kennedy-and-Elizabeth-Guo
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Here's our Jing Wu special issue: SEP+OCT 2006

And here's our thread on book you should read: Jingwu-The-School-that-Transformed-Kung-Fu-by-Brian-Kennedy-and-Elizabeth-Guo
    That's the next book I'm buying as soon as I finish Shaolin Trips. I have to say that I've been enjoying Shaolin Trips. I appreciate your perspective on martial arts in general and your description of the transformation of the Shaolin Temple. Plus the monks sound like they're pretty cool.

---

Back to the topic - From the excerpts that I've seen from Brian and Elizabeth's book - the Jing Wu is both complicated and fascinating.
    Last edited by MightyB; 11-19-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks for that endorsement, MightyB

That's as good as an excuse for me to plug my book again. Shaolin Trips is available on Amazon.

Read about it here: Shaolin-Trips-by-Gene-Ching
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart