The Second Songshan Shaolin International Marathon Held in Dengfeng
2015-11-22 19:43:10 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: zhang

The Second Songshan Shaolin International Marathon has been held in Dengfeng city of central China's Henan province, November 22, 2015. [Photo: Imagine China]

A Chinese runner has taken the men's title at the Songshan Shaolin International Marathon held today in the city of Dengfeng in Henan.

Wang Xiaoning took the title in a time of just under 3-hours.

Around 25-hundred runners from China and elsewhere took part in the competition.
International marathon run around Shaolin Temple
English.news.cn 2015-11-22 16:57:56
ZHENGZHOU, China, Nov. 22 (Xinhua) -- An international marathon was staged on Sunday around Shaolin Temple, the cradle of Kung Fu, in Dengfeng City of Henan Province in Central China.

After starting gun fired, some 2,500 runners were off with hundreds of students Kung Fu show who were all from the martial arts schools in Dengfeng city, where more than 100,000 people from all over the world learn Kung Fu.

The route of Shaolin Marathon was ran around Shaolin Temple, Songyang Academy, Huishan Temple, Zhongyue Temple, and all of them were in the World Cultural Heritage List.

"There are too many marathons in China, and I run a marathon almost every weekend, but Shaolin Marathon is different because I can appreciate so many historic monuments in running," said 45-year-old Cui from Heilongjiang Province in northeast China.

Wang Xiaoning won the men's title in 2 hours and 54 minutes.

"Shaolin Marathon is not a high level race, and participation is the most important," said Li Peili, an official of the organizing committee.

Editor: Tian Shaohui
I guess we missed the first one.