Thread: Emie Kung fu Bai Yun and Bak Mei

Emie Kung fu Bai Yun and Bak Mei

Could Bak Mei actually be this guy from Emie named Bai Yun White Cloud ? There is also this other guy named Bai Yuan who founded Emie White Ape Kung Fu . Maybe one of these guys is Bak Mei since some of the original forms come from Emie kung fu Bak Mei s original name Ngo Mai . http://www.absolutechinatours.com/ch...ei-Kungfu.html

realistically almost definitely not.
    It is extremely unlikely that either of them are not 100% fictional characters.
    Bai Yun / Bai Yuan Lao Ren is pretty much always set somewhere between the Spring and Autumn and the Han dynasty. The 2000 year difference in setting between the two is enough to make their association unlikely.
    Bai Yuan Lao Ren was probably jacked from the Yue Nu story in Sima Qian's history and relocated in place, although not time, to Sichuan.
    I's also possible that it's a local story which was influenced by the Yue Nu story and later related to a historical personage.
    Either way there is too great of a difference in everything about the story from Bai Mei, except the first character of their names.
    Bai Mei is also likely, probably even more more likely to be completely fictional. the name Ngo Mai is probably just a bad transliteration of Wu Mei from one of the Min dialects. Wu Mei is a completely different fictional character, although first appearing in the same 1890's Wuxia (martial arts fantasy) novel which Bai Mei came from.
    Bai Mei was also originally portrayed as a Buddhist monk. The title Dao Ren is somewhat nebulous and was often also used for eminent Buddhist monks or other highly regarded religious scholars.
    Only later in the early 20th century is he specifically cast as Taoist.

Hi

Ok so this clears up the Bai mei thing i thought about these names that where similar to Bai Mei s name the Bai Yun name and Dao Ren . The thing about Ngo Mai i thought that ment Emie Shaolin Kung Fu but you say it means Wu Mei and her kung fu styles i thought Wu Mei or Ng Mui was teaching her kung fu in Emie or Yunnan Province China .