Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bruce Lee & Praying Mantis

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    It should be noted that Bruce "held an interest" in some styles though he may have not formally studied them.
    I've seen early photos of BL practicing various styles, such as White Crane/Hop Ga, (possibly) southern Mantis, CLF, and possibly even some northern Mantis. I'm sure he probably traded/exchanged with many practitioners of other styles and picked up bits and pieces here and there.

Re: the photo. The gentleman on Bruces' right, I am not familiar with(apologies). The gentleman on the left is..the laste Master Shek Kin?(from Enter the Dragon). If so, I have heard that Shek Kin was the real deal and quite skilled in Northern Shaolin(and Eagle Claw?). I have also heard that he was a very nice man in real life(unlike his persona in the movie).

Cool Sifu Shek Kin And Northern Praying Mantis Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    Re: the photo. The gentleman on Bruces' right, I am not familiar with(apologies). The gentleman on the left is..the laste Master Shek Kin?(from Enter the Dragon). If so, I have heard that Shek Kin was the real deal and quite skilled in Northern Shaolin(and Eagle Claw?). I have also heard that he was a very nice man in real life(unlike his persona in the movie).
    Oh Yes, Sifu Shek Kin studied Northern Praying Mantis Kung-Fu in Hong-Kong;One reference point is I.K.F. Mag Sept 1975;Article titled "Who is Shek Kin". Also, Remember that Master Wong Hon Fun Northern praying mantis kung-fu in hong-kong for fifty years. master wong hon fun was known as the mantis king by some people in hong-kong. The proof is all around Us. Be Well. NM.

Master Wong Hon Fun and Northern Praying Mantis Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by nubianmantis View Post
    Oh Yes, Sifu Shek Kin studied Northern Praying Mantis Kung-Fu in Hong-Kong;One reference point is I.K.F. Mag Sept 1975;Article titled "Who is Shek Kin". Also, Remember that Master Wong Hon Fun Northern praying mantis kung-fu in hong-kong for fifty years. master wong hon fun was known as the mantis king by some people in hong-kong. The proof is all around Us. Be Well. NM.
    Sorry, correction, Master Wong hon fun Taught northern praying mantis Kung-Fu in hong-Kong for Fifty years.check with sifu's henry chung,sifu raymond fogg,jeff hughes, sifu carl albright.

Greetings,

The man on Bruce's right is the late Shiu Hon Sang, classmate to Shek Kin in the Lohan style under Sun Yu Feng.

mickey

is this form of wong hun fun book there in youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by qwert2020 View Post
    is this form of wong hun fun book there in youtube?
    This is the basic sequence.

Performance or usage details not shown.

Thank you very much