Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground fighting and Kung fu (all styles known as of today

LOL. Okay. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. No need to spend time at that place.

Kids. Teens and young men. How much fake this or that could they have learned ? At best they got dragged in to karate daycare. Maybe they are angry about that ? To bad because a lot these schools now teach okay gymnastics. Seriously. These kids can do all this gymnastic moves. Their karate may not be great but it looks flashy.

Most people don't want to fight. In fact, I never want to again if I can avoid it. I can not take the beatings anymore. Hit and run is perfect for me. But I don't run as good anymore either, LOL.

Just young dudes wanting recognition. Changing of the guards. If they stick it out in one of those gyms, they at least have spirit. Conditioning and spirit often trumps superior knowledge and skill. That is the base all other is built on.

IF you are gonna assume anything about an opponent, it is wise to assume that he DOES know how to fight.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    IF you are gonna assume anything about an opponent, it is wise to assume that he DOES know how to fight.
    That's what a Barret is for.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

dawei jameisun ur just salty bullshido made fun of the video of u with iron rings in ur house. if u get the big mussels they not make fun of u

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

even if you only learned one thing, like the bridge, then do hip thrust until you can thrust 300 pounds. then when someone mount you, you can send them flying to the sky. or if you only learn mount. then train thighs until you can squeeze 200 pounds and your thighs look like tree trunks. then when you mount someone you crush their ribs. this is the spirit of shaolin kung fu.
    This is simply what Kung Fu is about, regardless of style.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Another thing that confuses me.

You all showed up to fight or watch. So one side decides, this is a bad spot to do this. Lets go down the road. Less eyes on us. SMART actually. Obviously this was not a lets see who wins in a duel to the death. It was a ****ing match, period. My dogs better than your dog. Period. Such is life. Main cause.

But nope, I guess it was you are not deciding the battle ground. Concrete baby ! WTF ? Yet when it went to concrete was anyone trying to kill ,break or maim anyone else ? Nope, it was control and trying to knock out. Like most fights in real life. It is just proving who has bigger nuts to create a pecking order.

That said, Mr. Kung Fu guy did control on the ground. No one got hurt. He did have advantage with that choke even if he was on his back. Maybe he was not sunk in well. Maybe he did not want to put the guy asleep ? Regardless looks like no one got hit hard enough to cause more than a scuff.

Then they both finally decided this is enough.

Then Mr. Kung Fu wanted to keep going ? I guess not decisive enough ? I guess he wanted to kill the second time around ? Or get that clean knock out? Leave no doubts as to who was the winner. He had it he let it go. No one wanted to hurt or kill anyone here.

And, anti grappling is grappling? So learn to grapple ?
    I take it you have never grappled, he didn’t control the ground he was mounted you cant choke anyone from the mount, he was mounted and holding on for dear life, when his opponent got some space he hit him with a few solid shots, kung fu guy as you call him couldn’t get him off, he had no clue about how to fight on the ground, which for someone who says he trained extensively with the army Greco wrestling team because he was hard to take down he had terrible takedown defence and movement on the ground
    He let it go because he was helpless in how to get up, and his opponent was fairly clueless about what to do as well, the fact that JFS managed to get taken down and mounted by someone who was a white/blue belt with little MMA experience says an aweful lot about his skill levels, and this guy spent years talking about how good he was, did seminars all over about how to fight grapplers etc
    Last edited by Frost; 01-06-2016 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    dawei jameisun ur just salty bullshido made fun of the video of u with iron rings in ur house. if u get the big mussels they not make fun of u
    lol, well I guess we're even, because I made fun of them all the time.

Those rings are Brass ******!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

There is a "dirty" choke from judo that you can pull off if you're mounted as long as you have really strong grips and arms which is called Ryote Jime.
    This choke is one that's actually pretty simple to pull off (when you're not mounted and you're attacking) because people don't see it used very often so they're not used to defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I take it you have never grappled, he didn’t control the ground he was mounted you cant choke anyone from the mount, he was mounted and holding on for dear life, when his opponent got some space he hit him with a few solid shots, kung fu guy as you call him couldn’t get him off, he had no clue about how to fight on the ground, which for someone who says he trained extensively with the army Greco wrestling team because he was hard to take down he had terrible takedown defence and movement on the ground
    He let it go because he was helpless in how to get up, and his opponent was fairly clueless about what to do as well, the fact that JFS managed to get taken down and mounted by someone who was a white/blue belt with little MMA experience says an aweful lot about his skill levels, and this guy spent years talking about how good he was, did seminars all over about how to fight grapplers etc

I have never studied BJJ.

I saw a guillotine. If it was or was not I don't know. It could have also been a face lock but looked more like the first. I saw no real good solid shots in my opinion. I saw Kung Fu guy controlling shoulders to stop power. Why did the other guy not slap his arm across his face and reach under and control the arm ? Why did Kung Fu guy not hug to control the punches? I don't know. This is what they did and this is what Is saw. Basically a jr. High School fight.

When it was over one guy wanted to go again and the other just wanted to leave. Who won? WE did. We got to watch it and say, he did this wrong. He did that wrong. Well, this is what they did.

I don't care who either are. I watched the fight and wrote what I saw. You see it different perhaps. Based on your experience. So am I right or are you right ?
    Is my observation less valid then yours and vice versa ?

I did enjoy the prefight smoke. If this was supposed to show the superiority of either methods it failed to do so for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    There is a "dirty" choke from judo that you can pull off if you're mounted as long as you have really strong grips and arms which is called Ryote Jime.
    This choke is one that's actually pretty simple to pull off (when you're not mounted and you're attacking) because people don't see it used very often so they're not used to defending it.
    without a coller to use??

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    I have never studied BJJ.

I saw a guillotine. If it was or was not I don't know. It could have also been a face lock but looked more like the first. I saw no real good solid shots in my opinion. I saw Kung Fu guy controlling shoulders to stop power. Why did the other guy not slap his arm across his face and reach under and control the arm ? Why did Kung Fu guy not hug to control the punches? I don't know. This is what they did and this is what Is saw. Basically a jr. High School fight.

When it was over one guy wanted to go again and the other just wanted to leave. Who won? WE did. We got to watch it and say, he did this wrong. He did that wrong. Well, this is what they did.

I don't care who either are. I watched the fight and wrote what I saw. You see it different perhaps. Based on your experience. So am I right or are you right ?
    Is my observation less valid then yours and vice versa ?

I did enjoy the prefight smoke. If this was supposed to show the superiority of either methods it failed to do so for me.
    Can I just check are you actually talking about the same fight springer v the shirtless black man in a car park? Is that the fight you are talking about?

without a coller to use??
    It is a Gi technique so you'd need a collar of some type. A jacket or a shirt.

where are these videos you guys keep talking about?

Can I just check are you actually talking about the same fight springer v the shirtless black man in a car park? Is that the fight you are talking about?
    This one- where it is not clear when it begins who is doing exactly what. What did he do to put the guy down ? When he gets back up, it looks like he wrapped the head. Now was he arching the choke face lock and was taken down or was he also taking down and the other guy assisted by taking down as well ? After which becomes boring.

Now if Kung Fu man is using antigrappling. What is anit grappling. That strike the put the other guy down at first? So once it becomes grappling is grappling antigrappling ? As for the grappler. He did not grapple real well against the Kung fu guy in my opinion. WHY ? In my opinion because no one wanted to hurt anyone. Again, I see no solid shot. One little pop the rest grazed or were stopped. If there was a solid shot in this fight. It was the kung fu guy at the start that landed it. The other guy went down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m3HcgR2_vA

Guy,

here is the prefight nonsense.