Thread: Another loss in the Choy Lee Fut fraternity

Blog Entries

Another loss in the Choy Lee Fut fraternity

On 12-22-2015 the world of Choy Lee Fut lost another legend today. I would like to send out sincere condolences to the entire buk sing family who suffered such a loss with the passing of the great master Kong Hing. May he rest in peace.

Name:  12390931_10207018765363050_8857432409204865172_n.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  34.9 KB
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Greetings,

Condolences to the entire Choy Lee Fut family.

mickey

Condolences to his family, students, grand students and the entire CLF clan.

Farewell Sze Tai Gung...

Thanks for making this post... It's been a long time since myself or my Sifu, (Nick Lizos) have logged onto any forums. I thought it best to check to see if anyone had mentioned this & if not, to make an announcement.

The passing of my Sze Tai Gung, Kong Hing is a terrible loss to the whole CLF fraternity, The Jow Gar community & the whole Kung fu world in general.
    He was an incredible man, with such great prowess & skill, not only as a fighter & teacher of Martial Arts but also as a practitioner of Chinese Osteopathy (Diht Dah) I was personally blessed to have the opportunity for him to heal my right hand after I had broken & pushed back my middle knuckle & snapped a Metacarpal. Western doctors insisted it was so badly broken & "Claw like" that it would take extensive surgery to straighten it out & I would never clench a fist again... But I knew better! I took a flight from Melbourne, Australia to Hong Kong & visited Sze Tai Gung's clinic where him, his wife, my Sze Tai, His son in law Roger and his younger brother Sze Tai Sook Gung, Kong Ling healed my hand by massaging the tendons that controlled the bend of my fingers (If you wiggle your middle finger & look at the upside of your forearm, you will see where the tendons connect) with some home made Balm (The Kong Family recipe handed down by Sze Tai Gung's father, Kong On). They then 'popped' the knuckle back in place by asking me if it hurt & as I was distracted while answering them, BOOM down came the iron palm right onto my knuckle which stung for a split second & then instantly felt better... I'll never forget the laugh that Sze Tai Sook Gung, Kong Ling had and the grin on Sze Tai Gung, Kong Hing's face when it happened like "See... Simple!" All in all, the process took 30 minutes & I went on to continue my regular training & also fight in several tournaments.
    In one tournament I snapped my Left thumb right back when blocking an opponent's kick (I should've tucked it in.. It was a good lesson!) and afterwards his wife, My Sze Tai set it back in place for me. When I got back to Australia and went to a hospital the doctor said "I can't understand how it's been snapped so badly yet it's still in perfect place to heal properly... I just smiled uncontrollably & told them about my Great Grandmaster & how his wife had set the bone for me... They had no idea what I was talking about... They just had no idea I just got an X Ray, fashioned my own cast out of Wall Plasterboard (Yep... Wall Plasterboard) & went on my way, no surgery, no hospital stay, no proper cast, just a month of healing & then I massaged it the way I was told to by my Sze Tai... Good as new

The best way that I can describe Sze Tai Gung is as a true master of masters... He could break a man's bones into pieces with his bare hands if he chose to & then he could put them right back together again if he chose to. How many Kung Fu masters can actually do that!!
    His speed was incredible & his techiques were so accurate, sharp & powerful.
    His son in law, Roger once recounted a story to me that he was told where he ran into a butcher shop in HK that was run by several big stocky men all holding Cleavers & he used Sao Chois to drop every one of them like trees... 1 hit each.. When the police arrived, they arrested the butchers & told them off for messing with him. I cannot confirm or deny it, but I wholeheartedly believe it to be true as he was fierce, fast & well respected.
    My Sigung, Lay Dai Wei/ David Lacey always said "When my Sifu speaks, everybody shuts up & listens... No one would dare speak over him!" & after hearing this I always took note of his deep, powerful sounding resonant voice (Like the growl of a big bear) & sure enough... I never once witnessed another person cut him off while he was speaking. Not only was he feared for his skill, he was so well respected that I think everybody just loved to hear what he had to say. He only spoke when there was something that needed saying. So people always listened because it was always a gem of some sort that he was sharing.
    As far as I have heard & witnessed in my time in his presence, he never bragged about his skill, they were renowned so he didn't need to.. His reputation proceeded him everywhere he went.
    At restaurant's everyone made a fuss over "Kong Sifu" being in the place & he would glide into the place like a legend, because he really was a legend.
    When visiting Hong Kong I would sit silently at Yum Cha with my Sifu & we would thoroughly enjoy watching my Sigung & Sze Tai Gung recounting stories of fights they had back in the days on the rooftops of HK. Sze Tai Gung's eyes would light up brightly when the topic of fighting & techniques were discussed, as would Sigung's. I can speak no Cantonese but could understand what they were talking about because Sigung would partly translate & because they would be moving their hands & arms around in ways I was learning (Charp Chois, Sao Chois, etc...) Words just don't do justice to how amazing it felt watching them speak with each other. The tone of their voices, the chuckles in between puffs of their cigarettes, the facial expressions & the body language all told a story that was so riveting for me to be able to try & understand. It was like watching a great epic unfold in real time right before my very eyes. I feel so blessed to have seen this!!
    I'll never forget the excitement I felt for the first time when meeting him. After hearing my Sifu & Sigung speaking so highly of him from the day I started training in 2001, seeing all the old photos of him teaching my Sigung & his twin brother, my Sze Bak Gung, Lay Wing Sun/ Vince Lacey and hearing all the stories of how powerful his technique was and how fast & impeccable his footwork was... Catching a glance of some old footage was like seeing a myth come to life.

As a westerner (Gweilo) I usually feel awkward when I'm in places that people are speaking a language that I can't converse in, but I never once felt like I wasn't appreciated or respected when in his presence or the presence of the Kong family & the extended CLF fraternities that I've been blessed to meet. I'm just a peon in comparison to all of my elders, but I have always felt welcome, like a member of the family & this made me aspire to make my whole lineage proud to have me be a part of it.

I was blessed to meet this great man & be a part of his legacy. If he never decided to teach my Sigung, who in turn taught my Sifu, I would not be the person that I am today.
    Long live the spirit of the Legendary GREAT GRAND MASTER KONG HING. My cherished Sze Tai Gung.
    You will forever be missed.

Chris Mercieca

Attachment 9690
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Charn Fu Gerk; 01-17-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks for sharing your treasures of GrandMaster Kong Hing, may Bhuddha watch over him in his Eternity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn9jN50cc3A
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 01-18-2016 at 11:50 AM.