Thread: Chinese Ghost Towns

Hybrid View

Chinese Ghost Towns

so people sleep in the streets and starve when whole cities like this are just empty??? very rich people own it and they will just hold onto it empty till they can sell it???

maaaan, all these public buildings just empty... so hows that booming economy really working out for em??? what happens when americans and europeans decide they dont need dollar store plastic items anymore???

why dont peasants just move into the cities and just start living???

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    why dont peasants just move into the cities and just start living???
    Who would grow the tomatos then?

china grows tomatos???

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post

so people sleep in the streets and starve when whole cities like this are just empty??? very rich people own it and they will just hold onto it empty till they can sell it???

maaaan, all these public buildings just empty... so hows that booming economy really working out for em??? what happens when americans and europeans decide they dont need dollar store plastic items anymore???
    why do you think there are no people here? There appears to be people in the harbour, at the harbour front area and it looks like some cars parked there as well? I've hear of this, but I'm not actually sure if it is the case.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 02-11-2011 at 06:22 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I smell a solution to homelessness.....

I don't know about Inner Mongolia, but for a long time, China was focused on building cities in Xinjiang and other areas and expected modernization of farming to yeild a lot more in those areas than it did, I wonder if that happened here, the cities are there, but built on the assumption that a lot of the city's foods needs were to come from farming in the region that isn't currently possible.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

if they're smart they'll start renting out these empty cities to hollywood to make cool movies in.

but only im that smart.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.