Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are all you WC guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Things do go round in a circle I will give you that Glenn

Im good thanks Glenn still training, have added a bit of strongman into the powerlifting and still training MMA/grappling and the Chinese stuff regularly , judo is hit and miss as that’s hard on the old body!

hope the boxing is going well

I agree with your thinking and assessment of this forum, shame as for all the arguments it used to be a fun place to come and spend a few hours
    Boxing is sort of going well!?!?n the upside, im coaching now and have two fights for two wins which is more fulfilling than i would have thought.
    Bloody nerve racking though!

On the downside, i dislocated my elbow sparring in preparation for a fight in November. And yes, it did hurt
    Lost a lot of fitness and building the arm back up now, so my goal is a big Masters Tournament in July for myself on top of training 3-5 fighters.

Yeh, pity about the forum losing its "flavour"...... it was bloody hilarious here sometimes!!

Glad the training is going well and im with you on the "old body"!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Boxing is sort of going well!?!?n the upside, im coaching now and have two fights for two wins which is more fulfilling than i would have thought.
    Bloody nerve racking though!

On the downside, i dislocated my elbow sparring in preparation for a fight in November. And yes, it did hurt
    Lost a lot of fitness and building the arm back up now, so my goal is a big Masters Tournament in July for myself on top of training 3-5 fighters.

Yeh, pity about the forum losing its "flavour"...... it was bloody hilarious here sometimes!!

Glad the training is going well and im with you on the "old body"!
    Well done on the boxing wins, someone in the wing chun family actually fighting..!! shame you no longer train wing chun lol they could have claimed the victory for the style!

Any sports competition is nerve wrecking, let alone one where your opponent is trying to knock you out lol

Yep that's just excuse making, Kevin made comments about Sean's wing chun, Shaun called him on it and Kevin couldn't do anything other than defend badly, if kevin thought it wasnt going to be a forceful exchange after the things said between the two and adter seeing seans other clips he must be a bit silly

Also if Shauns wing chun is that bad what does it say about Kevins? Or put it another way if they had fought properly does anyone really doubt what would have happened to Kevin??
    Kevin thought it was chi sau. Chi sau is non competitive.

shaun obassi was one of the best wing chun practitioners ever. the wing chun world did not deserve him

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    shaun obassi was one of the best wing chun practitioners ever. the wing chun world did not deserve him
    Has he passed away? RIP Obassi

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    I'm curious. What makes him one of the best?
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

Quote Originally Posted by mun hung View Post
    I'm curious. What makes him one of the best?
    probably because he actually fought and has a real fight record and not a made up one lol

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Kevin thought it was chi sau. Chi sau is non competitive.
    Kevin was dense then, because every other chi sao clip from Obassi was competitive and with what they had exchanged on facebook he should have expected this

Not to mention when he realised it wasn't couldn't do anything about it other than retreat and get hit

But we have been over this over and over, some see it for what it is, others (usually from the same lineage as Kevin) see it as something different

Kevin was dense then, because every other chi sao clip from Obassi was competitive and with what they had exchanged on facebook he should have expected this

Not to mention when he realised it wasn't couldn't do anything about it other than retreat and get hit

But we have been over this over and over, some see it for what it is, others (usually from the same lineage as Kevin) see it as something different
    I don't think Kev ever realised it was not chu sau. If Obasi was assaulting Kev then probably Kev would have expected to have been punched in the face repeatedly. I think Kev just thought "very different chi sau" throughout. He even says something like "this isn't our chi sau" towards the end of the clip. Looks like he always thought chi sau and he always tried to chi sau.

If this was an attempt at a physical attack by Obasi then it is incredibly poor. Awful even, given how much younger than Kevin he is. I don't see how Kev looks bad in this, unless you are incredibly biased.

probably because he actually fought and has a real fight record and not a made up one lol
    Bawang is joking. RIP Obasi

others (usually from the same lineage as Kevin) see it as something different
    Perhaps because they bothered to ask Kevin what was actually going on, rather than making uninformed assumptions about "what it is".

The fact is more than obvious if you view the clip without bias.

Kevin didn't even make an attempt to defend or counter because he wasn't supposed to.

He was respectfully allowing Obasi his turn to show his chi-sau method, after he (Kevin) had already shared some of the drills his lineage does.

If that is not obvious to you, you might be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    If that is not obvious to you, you might be biased.
    To be sure, there is some biased thinking going on here. And more than a little revisionism, from some. There was a huge thread about this video clip at the time, and it was clear to pretty much everyone what was happening, and why.

Following that clip being put on Youtube...

• Kevin posted on this forum to say that Obasi had 'pushed him to his limits' in their exchange
    • Kevin then stopped posting entirely on this forum
    • We learned that Kevin's teacher, PB, was not happy with Kevin's performance
    • We learned that Kevin had, at that point, only met PB on three occasions over a 7 year period
    • Pretty much all of Kevin's fellow PB friends stopped posting on this forum
    • The video was also discussed on various German Wing Chun forums, with the same conclusion reached: Kevin was unable to handle Obasi.
    • PB himself, who loves to post on those forums, kept quiet and said nothing.

It's strange that Kevin would publicly tell us all that he was 'pushed to his limits' during their exchange, if he was never actually meant to be defending or countering, LOL.

At least, apparently, that's the story being told today.

Everyone who watched that clip could see that Kevin struggled. Not an easy thing for some to swallow, especially for those who supported his numerous posts over the years when he told everyone that they were doing Wing Chun incorrectly, that their understanding was wrong, etc. etc.

The original poster asked why so many people had left this forum. A number of people left because it was impossible to have a sensible conversation without either a) PB/WSL lineage students insulting everyone and hijacking threads, or b) Hendrik Santo ruining threads with his spam about 1850.

There was even once a thread about improving the forum's standards via better moderation, etc., and a PB student actually trolled that very thread and wasn't banned for it

I popped back in the other day and was surprised to see that LFJ was still talking about this Kevin/Obasi clip, and still trying to convince people that Kevin did just great

Not sure about all of your bullet points there...

I recall KG commending SO on his strength, not conceding some sort of challenge match.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    I popped back in the other day and was surprised to see that LFJ was still talking about this Kevin/Obasi clip, and still trying to convince people that Kevin did just great
    People are still talking about it. I didn't bring it up.

Btw, did you ever get over to the PBVT school in your town, or are you still convincing yourself that LTWT is any good?

Not sure about all of your bullet points there...
    All of the points are correct. Some raised here, others raised on the German boards from people connected to those who train directly with PB, and none of it was disputed by PB or by Kevin, as far as I recall. That should tell you something.

Ask yourself this, when the clipped was uploaded and threads about it started, why would Kevin not say, "Hey, in this clip we rolled and Obasi attacked, but my role was to deliberately NOT defend or counterattack."

Why wouldn't Kevin qualify it? Instead, his response was to commend Obasi in a single sentence, and to then leave the forum for good. I think the answer is obvious.

....are you still convincing yourself that LTWT is any good?
    I see that, even after all these years, you still can't keep on point. This thread and the topic of Kevin's Chi Sau has nothing to do with LTWT (neither Kevin or Obasi train in LTWT)... but nice attempt to misdirect.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    To be sure, there is some biased thinking going on here. And more than a little revisionism, from some. There was a huge thread about this video clip at the time, and it was clear to pretty much everyone what was happening, and why.

Following that clip being put on Youtube...

• Kevin posted on this forum to say that Obasi had 'pushed him to his limits' in their exchange
    • Kevin then stopped posting entirely on this forum
    • We learned that Kevin's teacher, PB, was not happy with Kevin's performance
    • We learned that Kevin had, at that point, only met PB on three occasions over a 7 year period
    • Pretty much all of Kevin's fellow PB friends stopped posting on this forum
    • The video was also discussed on various German Wing Chun forums, with the same conclusion reached: Kevin was unable to handle Obasi.
    • PB himself, who loves to post on those forums, kept quiet and said nothing.

It's strange that Kevin would publicly tell us all that he was 'pushed to his limits' during their exchange, if he was never actually meant to be defending or countering, LOL.

At least, apparently, that's the story being told today.

Everyone who watched that clip could see that Kevin struggled. Not an easy thing for some to swallow, especially for those who supported his numerous posts over the years when he told everyone that they were doing Wing Chun incorrectly, that their understanding was wrong, etc. etc.

The original poster asked why so many people had left this forum. A number of people left because it was impossible to have a sensible conversation without either a) PB/WSL lineage students insulting everyone and hijacking threads, or b) Hendrik Santo ruining threads with his spam about 1850.

There was even once a thread about improving the forum's standards via better moderation, etc., and a PB student actually trolled that very thread and wasn't banned for it

love it, thanks