Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kung-Fu in London

Exclamation Kung-Fu in London

Hi,

I would like to knew if somebody here have any link to a KF school in London.

And if somebody have been training there, was it good/bad ect..

Please help me with this matter

Surely you're having a laugh. There's so much kung fu in London it's hard to know where to begin. You can't move without tripping over a Wing Chun School. Then there's Chow Gar mantis, Fukien Crane, Bak Mei, Lung Ying, Ngo Cho, Hung Kuen, Nan Sil Lum, Jow Gar, Lau gar, Northern Shaolin, Chin Woo Shaolin, Songshan Shaolin, Mizhong, White Crane and sport wushu. Within an hours drive of London there's eagle claw, Tong Bei, Hop Gar, Baji and various other cool styles.
    The best place to start is probably the BCCMA website, and try and get hold of a copy of Combat magazine.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

True! lol..........
    "The cat never weeps for the mouse"

http://www.laugar.org.uk

To Ben Gash

Do you know any of the Ngo Cho practitioners in London? Just curious because I think they are the same school as the one I attend.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

joedoe,

I didn't know there is a 5 Ancestor school in Sydney. Where in Sydney?
    "The Dragon and the Tiger met in Heaven, to revive our Shaolin ways"

"The cat never weeps for the mouse"

http://www.laugar.org.uk

i have heard of a Pakua school with high reputation. Can't recall it's name though...What's style are you interested in?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Joedoe, Kim Han teaches in London. He was one of Chee Kim Thong's students. Yap Leong was also one of Chee Kim Thong's Students, but he moestly teaches Sil Lum these days.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Kung Fu in London

If you want to learn the Ngo Cho then best go to Kim Han or any of his his students like Mark Batts, Roy Pink & Ralph Ellis.

Yap Leong, although he was taught by Chee Kim Thong, he was never given permission to teach the Ngo Cho system.

There are better teachers than Yap Leong in London.
    Personally speaking I think he is more interested in making money than actually teaching traditional Kung Fu.
    Dave Stevens

I wasn't aware that Mark Batt was teaching ngo cho. The last I heard he was in japan. Is this true?
    Have they decided on who will be the next grandmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmei View Post
    There are better teachers than Yap Leong in London.
    Personally speaking I think he is more interested in making money than actually teaching traditional Kung Fu.
    I believe that you should not make that kind of comment about a well respected sifu such as Yap Leong. He is one of the few REAL kung fu sifus who actually teachs authentic kung fu, here in London, and should be shown the proper respect. Desrespecting a sifu who has reached Yap Leong's level of expertise in kung fu does not reflect well on your character.

Making cheap comments behind his back, in a public forum - when he is not standing infront of you - is WRONG.

Personal comments such as the ones above should not be made in public forums, it shows weakness and does not reflect well on your own level, nor your understanding of Kung Fu.

what are the options for pak mei in London?

Bak Mei London

The only one I know to reccomend is Dave Stevens SiFu
    www.pakmei-uk.com

He was Tony Tang SiFu's student and is well respected by the Hong Kong Bak Mei family.

You also have Paul Whitrod SiFu for Chow Gar

Jim Uglow SiFu for Hung Gar

Alex Kozma's organistaion for Hsing Yi etc

Hope that helps
    Kune Belay Sau

Hardwork8, PLEASE look at the dates on a thread before you post on a 5 year old discussion
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk