Thread: Ngo Chor

Ngo Chor

Anyone actively training this? If so, which lineage?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hi

I like the Ngo chor system and Ngo Cho Kun wich system are you refering to the Tai Chor old system or the system that came to be known as Ngo Cho Kun founder Chu Giok Beng ?

The chee kim thong line. It has the tai chor forms in addition to the ngo chor forms
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hi

Oh the Chee Kim Thong system yes i know what system your talking about old Tai Chor that is older than Ngo Cho Kun of Chu Giuk Beng both systems are good . I have not seen anybody from these Kung Fu systems on this forum in along time but i have some books on the Ngo Cho Kun system that are good .

Hey Seven Star

Tell more about your Tai Chor system ive only herd about it and seen video of it on yutube .

I'm still very new to it, don't know much. I've been doing a lot of reading about it, which is what led me back to this forum. I know joedoe had a lot of experience with it and sanjuro, Ben gash and plum dragon had some as well.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Here is a guy doing some Southern Tai Chor

Liao Wuchang Sifu Southern Tai Chor

Good stuff. Thanks!

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    Tell more about your Tai Chor system ive only herd about it and seen video of it on yutube .
    Not sure why you referring to Chee Kim Thong's lineage as old Tai Chor system ...

Hi

I was told that che Kim thongs version was old style Ngo chor and that it was older than Ngo Cho Kun of Chu Giuk Biengs .the people who told me this could be wrong I guess as this was a long time ago . I would look up the 2 systems up on google Ngo chor or tai chor and Ngo Cho kun to see if there is a difference .

The CKT lineage teaches the tai chor forms in their curriculum. From what I understand, which isn't much, the different CKT groups have a different focus. One group focuses on the lohan portion, mine has a tai chor concentration, etc.

I know their is some difference. I think footwork may be one. Also, I'm told that tai chor is more aggressive. Different forms as well, even the tai chor San zhan is different from the ngo chor San zhan (sanchin)
    Last edited by SevenStar; 03-29-2016 at 05:46 PM.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter