Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Alan Orr Force Flow Clips

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Well if his students are actually winning fights and he can post clips of this, and you cant, who are we to believe when you both start talking about what is and isn't wing chun and now it works in reality ....
    It used to be the simple logic in martial arts that people that actually fought and did well got listened to when they talked about fighting with their art, i wonder when that all changed

Good post. Thank you. In an age where one can film a clip so quickly, it seems crazy people with so much to say on others that they can't post a clip of what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    You want to be paid to spar with him? All I was saying was do a few rounds with him and then make comments rather that guess opinions.
    Deciding where Peter Irving ranks in terms of active MMA fighters is best measured by looking at his record. It is merely factual, not something for you to feel insulted about on his behalf.

Suggesting that I spar with him to measure his level in terms of active MMA fighters is obviously not logical thinking and would not provide an objective measure the MMA ability of Peter Irving. You are suggesting it because you continue the same flawed logic of your student on the other forum and Frost on this one. Staistics are required to decide on the best approach to wing chun for MMA. Statistics are not available. Single challenge matches with Peter Irving do not change this fact.

I can't help if you are hard of thinking. But if you want me to engage in a fight with an MMA fighter in order to somehow promote your wing chun then you will need to pay me to do it, just like you would need to pay anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Deciding where Peter Irving ranks in terms of active MMA fighters is best measured by looking at his record. It is merely factual, not something for you to feel insulted about on his behalf.

Suggesting that I spar with him to measure his level in terms of active MMA fighters is obviously not logical thinking and would not provide an objective measure the MMA ability of Peter Irving. You are suggesting it because you continue the same flawed logic of your student on the other forum and Frost on this one. Staistics are required to decide on the best approach to wing chun for MMA. Statistics are not available. Single challenge matches with Peter Irving do not change this fact.

I can't help if you are hard of thinking. But if you want me to engage in a fight with an MMA fighter in order to somehow promote your wing chun then you will need to pay me to do it, just like you would need to pay anyone else.
    haha I was saying to you that if you think he has a low level then spar with him. You can spin all day.

Good post. Thank you. In an age where one can film a clip so quickly, it seems crazy people with so much to say on others that they can't post a clip of what they do.
    You say in your own clip that you don't show what your fighters use doing because you want them to have an advantage. I think that the same usually applies to others.

haha I was saying to you that if you think he has a low level then spar with him. You can spin all day.
    I know you were saying that, but it is the thought process of a person who isn't that good at thinking. Was just pointing that out.

Pay me if you want to make a promotional video.

You say in your own clip that you don't show what your fighters use doing because you want them to have an advantage. I think that the same usually applies to others.
    Sure easy way out

I know you were saying that, but it is the thought process of a person who isn't that good at thinking. Was just pointing that out.

Pay me if you want to make a promotional video.
    Passive aggressive BS as normal.

Passive aggressive BS as normal.
    If you are going to be illogical when you are arguing with me then I am going to point it out. You seem like quite an emotional person, what with the brave proxy challange match and attempts to bully. Please try to stay balanced when speaking to me in future. I don't appreciate your frothing at the mouth.

If you are going to be illogical when you are arguing with me then I am going to point it out. You seem like quite an emotional person, what with the brave proxy challange match and attempts to bully. Please try to stay balanced when speaking to me in future. I don't appreciate your frothing at the mouth.
    im pretty sure if Alan was on your side of the planet he wouldn't be offering proxy challanges and all that, but offering to meet up and spar with you in person

If memory serves he has offered you a chance to train at his gym before when he was in the UK

As for not wanting to show videos of yourself because you dont want an opponent getting an edge on you, come off it

Thats a completely understandable answer from someone training pro fighters, whose next opponent will be googling the hell out of them, but a complete cope out when coming from you, i mean are you expecting your next mugger to google you and your fighting style before mugging you??!

im pretty sure if Alan was on your side of the planet he wouldn't be offering proxy challanges and all that, but offering to meet up and spar with you in person

If memory serves he has offered you a chance to train at his gym before when he was in the UK
    I did go and train there

As for not wanting to show videos of yourself because you dont want an opponent getting an edge on you, come off it
    This is the reason systems are not shown to everyone

I did go and train there

This should get interesting quickly, the last time you said you had trained with someone you were talking badly about, they publicly called you a liar and denied it

We are not talking about showing a system to someone who will then use it against you in a time of war or in a gang setting, or attack your village
    It's the 21st century the only reason not to post clips of yourself sparring is because you either don't do it, or you are that bad we will all laugh at you, kind of like that happened with Kevin

Usless you are serious when you say you are worried about someone stealing your secrets and then mugging you, if that's the case do you also avoid having your picture taken in case your soul gets stolen??

The last time you said you had trained with someone, they called you a liar
    That's because they didn't want anything to do with the argument I was involved in. I would say understandable.

We are not talking about showing a system to someone who will then use it against you
    Committing anything useful and complete to video is a bad idea because people can learn from it in an uncontrolled way. This is why people put rubbish in videos.

I did go and train there

You came to a class many years ago ? So you have a great insight ? Really lol

Now your a victim ? Emotional ? What would you know ? Like your ideas they are all guess work.
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 03-05-2016 at 02:15 AM.