Thread: SPECTRE (James Bond)

SPECTRE (James Bond)

Greetings,

I recently had the opportunity to see this film. I found the movie to be incredibly dense, as if they condensed 8 part miniseries into two and a half hours. In achieving this density, the dialogue was kept simple and there was increased emphasis on action. There was one instance where one person's love was expressed to another and since there was no real character development that led to that, I was left wondering where it came from. A major distraction to my enjoyment of the movie was Daniel Craig. He really did not look too well for this movie and it had me more concerned about his health than what he was doing as James Bond. The movie had some really interesting characters that needed the blessing of dialogue to flesh them out; for that reason, even though it was an already long movie, more time should have been given.

Overall, I liked it.

mickey

mickey,

I saw this when it first came out. There's actually very little I remember about it except for Monica Bellucci. It was certainly entertaining, but IMO hardly memorable as movies go.

I think Daniel Craig may look a bit haggard because those are his genetics. Some people simply age harder than others. I'm several years older than he is, but many people guess my age at around 10 years younger than his. It also seems that DC doesn't want to continue playing Bond anymore. He said the only possible reason would be for the money. Not a good indication of enthusiasm for a role.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 02-29-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Worst of the 3. Seen it a couple of times. In fact was watching it on Friday night. I could not finish it.

Who knows if he is sick or just aging coming through on film ? Quick check he is 47 so probably started this film at 45 or so ?

There has been talk for a year or more about Idris Elba as a Bond. He may go the same was as Mel Gibson when he was a consideration. Id love to see it but I have my doubts they will let him. I'm not sure if Craig has finally called it a day? He gets wrecked every time he makes one.

Mickey Not related to Bond but I knew this guy growing up. My older brother good friend. I was in a couple of his High School movies, I got killed a lot ! LOL.

At one time the local school had a great film class.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0618803/?...c_cr165#thanks