Thread: White Crane Chinese /Japanese Connection

White Crane Chinese /Japanese Connection

I have a karate friend looking for information for personal interest regarding this topic. I've done a search but I can't click the button on my phone to search titles only so I'm getting a return of all posts mentioning white crane... So thousands. I know this has been discussed here many times and would like some help.. could someone post a link to an advanced search on thread titles with 'white crane' as the search field....or if you are interested and can share some resource links or titles of books that would be great!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Hi You Might Find Something at this Website

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...ne&titleonly=1

The degree of connection depends on the Karate style your friend is studying. In Naha Te like Goju Ryu it is very direct.

The Bubishi manual that many Karate masters possessed contains many references to White Crane.
    Go Kenki, Ryu Ryu Ko and probably Kusanku were White Crane masters who influenced Karate.
    Matsumora and Higaonna studied it in Fujian.

Thanks guys! This is exactly what we were looking for
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

there is a style in fujian and zhejiang literally called goju that looks very similar to karate

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    there is a style in fujian and zhejiang literally called goju that looks very similar to karate
    Is that style also called Pangai-noon ("half hard, half soft") that Uechi Kanbun learned in Fujian?

Shuri Te stopped practicing Sanchin in the 19th century.

Is that Gang Ruan Bawang?

I recall reading an article on this style but not sure if it was in Fighting Arts International or Australasian Fight Arts many moons ago.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way