Thread: Please View (Full documentary)

Hybrid View

Please View (Full documentary)

Greetings,

The documentary is Going Clear

If the existence of this documentary is why Tom Cruise is looking the way he does,now days, he is in dire need of support right now. I hope he does not do anything drastic. It is very strange that the media is not connecting the two. Is it out of fear of a Scientology backlash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpKheZtiRCQ

mickey

Thanks for sharing that, mickey.

So far, I've watched just over a half hour of it. Too bad the volume on the vid is so low. Over the years, I've read about a lot of the stuff that's being talked about on that documentary. IMO, the only thing 'clear' about this cult is to 'steer clear' of it. Hubbard's actions clearly indicate that he was a classic psychopath, but operating on a larger scale than most. Look at the footage of him, and look at his eyes.

Hi Jimbo,

Can't wait for you to see the rest of it. It will shock you. Especially what went down with Tom Cruise: makes me want to take a hatchet to those guys.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Hi Jimbo,

Can't wait for you to see the rest of it. It will shock you. Especially what went down with Tom Cruise: makes me want to take a hatchet to those guys.

mickey
    I watched the rest of it, and TBH, nothing shocked me because I had read about those things before. I knew the cult was instrumental in the Cruise/Kidman breakup. But that was FAR from the most despicable thing they were responsible for. What they did to that Spanish girl was, IMO, far more evil than anything that they did to Cruise. I've heard of even worse stuff not even mentioned in the documentary that has happened to (non-celebrity) people in that cult.

I WAS surprised several months ago when I discovered that Jason Beghe used to be a Scientologist. On the surface, he doesn't seem like someone who would've gotten into that. He's an excellent actor, and I'm glad he got out of it.

BTW, that Miscavige guy has similarities in his eyes and aura to Hubbard. It's very noticeable. Interesting that, also like Hubbard, he's become paranoid.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-04-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Hi Jimbo,

In addition to the eyes, Miscavige has developed a very pronounced facial asymmetry. That was the same something I noticed with Will Smith when he started hanging with those guys: he got old quickly.

mickey

I actually have the book Going Clear, by Lawrence Wright. The book goes into more details on various things than the documentary does. I haven't read the whole thing yet, though. There's another written by Leah Remini. And back in the '90s I read one called L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman? I heard that Miscavige's own niece(?) has also written a book about her escape from the cult.