Thread: Please View (Full documentary)

Please View (Full documentary)

Greetings,

The documentary is Going Clear

If the existence of this documentary is why Tom Cruise is looking the way he does,now days, he is in dire need of support right now. I hope he does not do anything drastic. It is very strange that the media is not connecting the two. Is it out of fear of a Scientology backlash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpKheZtiRCQ

mickey

Thanks for sharing that, mickey.

So far, I've watched just over a half hour of it. Too bad the volume on the vid is so low. Over the years, I've read about a lot of the stuff that's being talked about on that documentary. IMO, the only thing 'clear' about this cult is to 'steer clear' of it. Hubbard's actions clearly indicate that he was a classic psychopath, but operating on a larger scale than most. Look at the footage of him, and look at his eyes.

Hi Jimbo,

Can't wait for you to see the rest of it. It will shock you. Especially what went down with Tom Cruise: makes me want to take a hatchet to those guys.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Hi Jimbo,

Can't wait for you to see the rest of it. It will shock you. Especially what went down with Tom Cruise: makes me want to take a hatchet to those guys.

mickey
    I watched the rest of it, and TBH, nothing shocked me because I had read about those things before. I knew the cult was instrumental in the Cruise/Kidman breakup. But that was FAR from the most despicable thing they were responsible for. What they did to that Spanish girl was, IMO, far more evil than anything that they did to Cruise. I've heard of even worse stuff not even mentioned in the documentary that has happened to (non-celebrity) people in that cult.

I WAS surprised several months ago when I discovered that Jason Beghe used to be a Scientologist. On the surface, he doesn't seem like someone who would've gotten into that. He's an excellent actor, and I'm glad he got out of it.

BTW, that Miscavige guy has similarities in his eyes and aura to Hubbard. It's very noticeable. Interesting that, also like Hubbard, he's become paranoid.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-04-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Hi Jimbo,

In addition to the eyes, Miscavige has developed a very pronounced facial asymmetry. That was the same something I noticed with Will Smith when he started hanging with those guys: he got old quickly.

mickey

I actually have the book Going Clear, by Lawrence Wright. The book goes into more details on various things than the documentary does. I haven't read the whole thing yet, though. There's another written by Leah Remini. And back in the '90s I read one called L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman? I heard that Miscavige's own niece(?) has also written a book about her escape from the cult.

"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov

Hello Brothers,

Good to hear from you. My internet/ computer presence has been laying low for the past couple months. I have heard many strange things about Scientology too. I will get around to watching the documentary.

When I was a young teenager a good friend and I had gone into the city of Boston. On a street corner we were accosted by a middle-age man who urged us to fill out a questionare form at a Scientology building down the street, maybe a block away or something. He said it would be no more than half an hour and we would be paid for filling out the form. I didn't want to go at first, but perhaps the idea of money at that young age persuaded us, after all it would be harmless.

Even walking into the building, my friend and I got a bad feeling. The feeling just wasn't right. Something was very creepy about the whole vibe of the place. (and now I realize this is probably on purpose.) The man locked the 2 of us in a room together. LOCKED US IN- one of the first things we did was check the door after the man had left. I think we were up on a second floor. We sat down for a while, exchanged glances and decided not to fill out the form. We tore the papers up. After some long minutes we busted a window open and jumped down onto the lawn. We climbed the fence/ gate and got back out onto the street and RAN. (luckily my friend and I were troublemakers at school already, playing hookie and climbing up an antennae wire onto the roof of the school, etc. so we were fine with jumping out of windows and such.)

Anyway. This was my one and only personal experience with Scientology. Very creepy. I wonder if we had stayed, and not busted the window open/ jumped out, maybe we would have turned out to be statistical missing children, one of those unsolved cases. Who knows. and another thing-- when walking down the hallway of the building into the room where we were to fill out our form sheets, the man was pointing out a portrait of the founding father of Scientology (or some such thing.) I remember there was something terribly "off" about the whole thing- like not of this world/ dimension weird.

Cults ( of all kinds) draw you in with promises of fulfilling your desires and dreams and they do just that ( if they didn't, no one would be a member).
    Unfortunately the price paid is very, very high and not all people realize it soon enough.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Remember that Harold Camping guy who predicted Judgment Day and that the world would end, first in 1994 and again in 2011? Although not the same as Scientology, that guy's followers/believers were, in fact, a cult (or exhibited cultish behavior).

I don't like saying this, but my older sister and her husband believed Camping both times he predicted the end of the world. They both talk a lot about being Christians but, other than that, they act EXTREMELY skeptical of anything 'out of the ordinary' or outside the mainstream. Almost arrogantly skeptical. Which is why it's astounding to me that these self-proclaimed skeptics, who one would assume are intelligent adults, would believe Conman Camping not once, but TWICE. They said that 'Camping is a very spiritually wise old man'. Apparently (and thankfully) they didn't believe him enough to get rid of any of their assets (thus losing everything) like a lot of Camping's true believers did. And apparently Camping himself didn't, either, as his assets were still intact after his last failed prophecy.

Even (and sometimes especially) so-called 'intelligent' people can become unquestioning believers with cult-like behavior, believing in the most obvious and outlandish lies. That is what's most disturbing.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-08-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
    Hello Brothers,

Good to hear from you. My internet/ computer presence has been laying low for the past couple months. I have heard many strange things about Scientology too. I will get around to watching the documentary.

When I was a young teenager a good friend and I had gone into the city of Boston. On a street corner we were accosted by a middle-age man who urged us to fill out a questionare form at a Scientology building down the street, maybe a block away or something. He said it would be no more than half an hour and we would be paid for filling out the form. I didn't want to go at first, but perhaps the idea of money at that young age persuaded us, after all it would be harmless.

Even walking into the building, my friend and I got a bad feeling. The feeling just wasn't right. Something was very creepy about the whole vibe of the place. (and now I realize this is probably on purpose.) The man locked the 2 of us in a room together. LOCKED US IN- one of the first things we did was check the door after the man had left. I think we were up on a second floor. We sat down for a while, exchanged glances and decided not to fill out the form. We tore the papers up. After some long minutes we busted a window open and jumped down onto the lawn. We climbed the fence/ gate and got back out onto the street and RAN. (luckily my friend and I were troublemakers at school already, playing hookie and climbing up an antennae wire onto the roof of the school, etc. so we were fine with jumping out of windows and such.)

Anyway. This was my one and only personal experience with Scientology. Very creepy. I wonder if we had stayed, and not busted the window open/ jumped out, maybe we would have turned out to be statistical missing children, one of those unsolved cases. Who knows. and another thing-- when walking down the hallway of the building into the room where we were to fill out our form sheets, the man was pointing out a portrait of the founding father of Scientology (or some such thing.) I remember there was something terribly "off" about the whole thing- like not of this world/ dimension weird.
    Nice to hear from you, Matt. Very interesting and bizarre experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Remember that Harold Camping guy who predicted Judgment Day and that the world would end, first in 1994 and again in 2011? Although not the same as Scientology, that guy's followers/believers were, in fact, a cult (or exhibited cultish behavior).

I don't like saying this, but my older sister and her husband believed Camping both times he predicted the end of the world. They both talk a lot about being Christians but, other than that, they act EXTREMELY skeptical of anything 'out of the ordinary' or outside the mainstream. Almost arrogantly skeptical. Which is why it's astounding to me that these self-proclaimed skeptics, who one would assume are intelligent adults, would believe Conman Camping not once, but TWICE. They said that 'Camping is a very spiritually wise old man'. Apparently (and thankfully) they didn't believe him enough to get rid of any of their assets (thus losing everything) like a lot of Camping's true believers did. And apparently Camping himself didn't, either, as his assets were still intact after his last failed prophecy.

Even (and sometimes especially) so-called 'intelligent' people can become unquestioning believers with cult-like behavior, believing in the most obvious and outlandish lies. That is what's most disturbing.
    I have always found it amazing how some Christians can fall for that "end of the world" prophecy thing when by the words of the Son of God it was said that NO ONE knows ( Not even Christ), when they time will come, except for God.
    Just goes to show you that people make cults, not religions.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Greetings,

One of my sisters was seriously counseled not to join up with Jim Jones. The person responsible for saving her life: the late Reverend Ike.

Thank you for the shares, everyone.

mickey