Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baaghi

Blog Entries
    Very cool!! Ok! I have some backtracking to do on this!
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Shraddha Kapoor

I really need to split this off into an indie Bollywood Starlets learn Martial Arts thread. Not today tho...too much work right now.

Shraddha Kapoor to train in mixed martial arts
    Published Sep 25, 2019, 12:01 am IST Updated Sep 25, 2019, 12:26 am IST

The actress also had a few action sequences in Baaghi and had undertaken several training routines for the film.

Shraddha Kapoor

Shraddha Kapoor has been training intensely for her next film Baaghi 3, where she will be doing more action than what she did for Saaho, and trying to match up to action boy Tiger Shroff. The actress also had a few action sequences in Baaghi and had undertaken several training routines for the film. While she will also be getting an additional Bulgarian trainer from the filmmaker Ahmed Khan, her personal trainer Maahek Nair is also putting in her efforts.

“I generally discuss the progressions every fortnight, and when it comes to what have we achieved with Shraddha, I plan the programme for the next 15 days,” says the trainer.

Shraddha will reportedly be training in mixed martial arts for the film, and hence there is an added pressure on her to get endurance into her routine.

The film, whose first three schedules are in India, will then have a huge schedule of 40 days in Serbia, where a lot of action sequences are slated to be canned with Kecha Khampakdee and Slavisa Ivanovic.
    THREADS
    Bollywood Kung-Fu!!
    Baaghi
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Baaghi 3

I gotta see this ... for that last scene in the trailer alone.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

First forum review

Upon reviewing this thread, I just realized that I never posted a review on Baaghi. I did see the first one.

The Baaghi franchise is now a Bollywood martial arts trilogy from that hunk of dreamy buffness, Tiger Shroff. It's arguably the first significant Kalari flick, Kalari being the indigenous martial art of India, and stars a genuine Kalari master, Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwai, as the Tiger's Kalari master in the film (I'm not sure about this but I think Shifuji is a combo of Shifu and the Hindi suffix of respect 'ji'). It's a love triangle with Shradda Kapoor as the love interest - she can dance and sing and reminded me of a slimmer Indian Andie McDowell, but despite some clever camera angles, she can't really sell a fight scene. But Tiger, he's built for Bollywood slo-mo aerial tricker kicks. He can dance and sing too, quite well in fact, although I felt most of the dance numbers were rather lackluster except the initial train dance scene. The first hour is mostly sappy Bollywood, sugary songs, colorful scenery, and a strange fetish for rain. There's a subtle play on the Ramayana, with Tiger playing Ronny (Rama), Shradda as Siya (Sita) and the villain Raghav (Ravena).

But the fights, they do deliver. It's one shot, one move action, lots of wire work and slo-mo. Tiger liberally lifts from his predecessors, scenes poached straight from Jackie, Donnie, Tony and Iko. There's the classic training doing chores from Karate Kid, including the JC keeping the floor clean, the parkour-esque street chase, the one-kick drops the NHB underground fighter from Ong Bak, X-ray bone break vision, and the finale fight is very Game of Death/Raid with the tower filled with fighters. There's even JC's signature NGs for the end credits. But the fights are entertaining, strangely satisfying for a Bollywood actioner, and once the hour mark is crossed, there's a decent amount of fight scenes.

Not really recommended but if you do venture in, I'd just speed to the fight scenes. Mind you, I did like that first train dance number, but it's really all about the fights.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips