Thread: Miesha Tate

Miesha Tate

We has surprisingly little on her beyond this: Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey

And we tend to cover the female champs here more than the male.

So let's start with this:
    Miesha Tate trades gloves for stilettos in stunning photo shoot
    By Lindsay Putnam March 13, 2016 | 1:03am

Miesha Tate in the ring and then in a stunning photo shoot. Photo: Lickerish/Dimitry Loiseau; AP (inset)

Ronda Rousey has some stiff competition — both in the ring and on the red carpet.

Miesha Tate — the current UFC women’s bantamweight champion after she put Holly Holm in a headlock last week — is hardly recognizable in this glamorous photo shoot. The 29-year-old stunner traded in her cornrows and gloves for curls and stilettos — and with a body like that, could be poised to be the next athlete to chase entertainment stardom.

Tate likely will face off with former UFC champ Rousey for the 135-pound bantamweight title later this year; Rousey has defeated Tate in two previous matches. Rousey, who held the title for three years straight, fell to Holm in *November.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Congrat to Miesha!

Former MMA fighter Miesha Tate gives birth after 67-hour labor
    MMA
    June 4, 2018 3:26pm EDTJune 4, 2018 3:26pm EDT

Miesha Tate(Getty Images)

Gabrielle McMillen Omnisport @GabbyMcMillen
    Published on Jun. 4, 2018

Miesha Tate had the ultimate fight giving birth to her first child.

myravegas's profile picture
    myravegas

Follow
    Comment
    Save
    1,176 likes
    myravegasAround midnight last night, I texted @mieshatate and told her that she had 24 hours to produce my birthday twin. And she did. Best birthday present ever! 😂
    I’m so proud of my incredible friend. After 67 hours of labor, she gave birth to a perfect, tiny human. I am so proud of her, to be able to call her one of my best friends, and to share a birthday with this little piece of magic named Amaia. So many congratulations to @mieshatate and @johnnyboymma !
    Thank you for the messages and texts. It’s been an especially taxing week for me, but somehow you all made it better. 💕
    This special occasion was too good to keep to myself, but it’s back to radio silence for me. 🤘🏻
    The former MMA fighter endured a 67-hour labor before giving birth to a daughter named Amaia, according to a friend of Tate's.

"I’m so proud of my incredible friend. After 67 hours of labor, she gave birth to a perfect, tiny human. I am so proud of her, to be able to call her one of my best friends, and to share a birthday with this little piece of magic named Amaia," the Instagram post, in part, read.

For those wondering, 67 hours of labor is just five hours shy of being a three-day ordeal.

Tate, 31, announced her retirement from fighting after back-to-back losses to Amanda Nunes and Raquel Pennington.

She held the UFC title after upsetting Holly Holm at UFC 196, but went 0-2 against former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.
    67 hours? Daaaaanng. Way to go the distance, Miesha!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

She has WingChun forearms, sweet!