Thread: Hand Over Fist

Hand Over Fist

Let's hope this does better than CTHD2.

Filmart: Emperor's 2016 Slate Led by Yuen Wo-ping's 'Hand Over Fist'
    4:00 PM PDT 3/15/2016 by Gavin J. Blair

Yuen Wo-ping
    Getty Images

The fight choreographer of 'The Matrix' and 'Kill Bill' is helming the tale about a 600-year long feud between ancient rival kung fu masters that draws modern Hong Kong protagonists into the action.

Emperor Motion Pictures' slate for 2016 will be led by Hand Over Fist, a new feature directed by kung fu legend Yuen Wo-ping.

Hand Over Fist is the tale of a 600-year-long feud between ancient rival kung fu masters that draws modern Hong Kong protagonists into the action.

Yuen is known around the globe for his fight choreography on The Matrix trilogy, Kill Bill and foreign-language Oscar-winner Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, as well as directing this year’s sequel Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny. He made his name in Hong Kong in the late 1970s directing what would become kung fu classics such as Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow.

Rounding out the slate, Hong Kong actor, singer, songwriter, musician, entrepreneur and martial artist Nicholas Tse will star in Emperors Cook Up a Storm, directed by Raymond Yip. Emperor regular Tse will play a Cantonese street cook who competes against a Michelin-starred chef.

Also, Meow, directed by Benny Chan (Shaolin) and starring Louis Koo and Ma Li, is a comedy in which two pet owners find out that their cats are actually aliens come to Earth to domesticate them.
    Actually, Meow sounds intriguing...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

As long as he keeps the wire-fu to a minimum.
    It's starting to wear a little thin.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !