Alright, so certain martial arts styles have sets that are designed to build power that basically involve doing techniques with all your muscles flexed. The most discussed is probably Stone Warrior from Green Dragon which is 90 minutes long when you do it with as many reps as you're supposed to.

I think doing 90 minutes of constant tension is crazy.

As we have discussed numerous times over the years, this kind of thing will not build power like weight lifting will. It might be something to do if you don't have weights, really.

I want to bring up two things. First, has anyone done anything like this for extended periods of time? Snake Turns Over? Stone Warrior? What were your results? Two, what is a decent amount of time past which doing constant tension becomes dangerous? I mean if you think about weight lifting, you're basically using your muscles for a minute or less per set with rest in between. And then a couple sets per exercise. Maybe, maybe a few minutes total per workout. Similar exercises don't even approach the minutes of continual tension that you are supposed to do in sets like these. The main thing I think of is that there is no way you can actually do maximal tension for any length of time during these sets. I mean after a few seconds your maximum output decreases, and then you do more? No. You can do as much as you can at that moment, though. One poster on this forum I think said that he thought that doing this kind of exercise can make your heart bigger over time and might not be a good idea. We are talking 90 minutes of continual tension. Seriously? Putting the crazy aside, what about doing something like this for 10 minutes? Or maybe taking breaks between the exercises? On the videos Sifu Allen is a big guy but I question whether or not he got that big from Stone Warrior. Although his legs are skinny, and doing horse stance, even for 90 minutes, won't make your legs big, I guess it's possible he did get it from Stone Warrior. In the past I have done Stone Warrior, although not up to the 36 reps you're supposed to, but I was at like 12 or 8 or something which took a ridiculous 28 minutes or something, I don't know how much benefit I got from it. Of course nutriders on this forum complained that I didn't get results because I didn't do it enough, however the reason I stopped was I got into powerlifting which was more efficient. My diet wasn't correct when I was doing Stone Warrior, either, due to me not knowing about how to eat for size at the time. I'm just curious what everyone's experiences here are with these things because I seem to get interested in them again every few years.