Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The breathing and The application concept of Siu Lin tau

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    have you watch the video?

If yes, then what is not straight to the point? be specific.
    These are the contents of your first video in this thread, as far as I understand:

- WingChun applies the Yellow Emporer Classic.
    - SNT implements the six harmonies.
    - Internal power comes from synchronizing the flow of force, breath and meridians.
    - SNT is for body conditioning and self defense application.
    - Some of the applications are hidden in plain sight.

You go on to discuss five points:
    1. almost nobody gets the internal arts
    2. WingChun has nothing to do with TaiChi or QiGong, wrong practice of QiGong is dangerous
    3. demonstration of coordination in collect/release, switching of meridians by thumb up/ thumb down
    4. demonstration of coordination in expansion/contraction
    5. demonstration of hidden neutralizing torque while striking in downward

Point of note: You don't like the normal BongSao.

----------------------------
    Demonstrations take only about 19 of 38 minutes. The narration is highly repetitive, and the analogies only detract. You could cut half of the material and it would actually become easier to follow and get the message.

Now regarding the contents. Saying that TaiChi and QiGong practice causes strokes is highly unscientific, unless you have numbers to back that up. What's more, every competent TaiChi teacher knows about the six harmonies and the coordination of Qi and movement. I don't understand why you warn about TaiChi and then go on to discuss TaiChi core principles. That isn't WingChun special sauce, e.g. breath coordination is universal in martial arts.

From what I can gather it seems very likely that the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun style practice is what the original Red Boat Wing Chun looked like along with it's Metaphysical (chi) constructed Philosophy. Considering the "underground preservation of the art" and it's secreted curriculum, I would say that the "ancient art" status of Wing Chun is to be understood through this succession even though the other known lineages also preserve their histories, some, no doubt, intact.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-10-2016 at 10:14 PM.

You say other lineages are making Appeals to Authority by saying the way they do things is what their sifu says is correct.

You say your method is correct based on science rather than authority, therefore you claim yours to be unarguably the correct way.

The problem with this is, scientific principles will apply in a different way depending on one's interpretation of the actions. So, science could very well support other methods based on their interpretation and purposes which differ from yours.

The only way you can claim yours to be the correct way, is to also make an Appeal to Authority regarding your interpretation of the actions being correct.

From your post,obviously you have no idea what is going on
    Please contact Alan Orr team or Narvin for real life mma competition with the pragmatic Applications on the information I present.
    It seems nobody understand what is going on with you. But what's real telling is, you challenge me to fight with some third parties that aren't even part of the conversation since we all know you do not have any skill in what you teach yourself. LOL

I offered several times in the past to come visit you and have you show me in person in a friendly manner after you invited 'anyone to some see for themselves'. And we all saw how much of a paranoid baby you were then by crying that you called the police and FBI on me! Don't worry baby Hendrik, you're safe, nobody is coming to get you this time either..

BTW, aren't there rules on this forum that prohibit issuing challenges?
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 04-11-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    It seems nobody understand what is going on with you. But what's real telling is, you challenge me to fight with some third parties that aren't even part of the conversation since we all know you do not have any skill in what you teach yourself. LOL

I offered several times in the past to come visit you and have you show me in person in a friendly manner after you invited 'anyone to some see for themselves'. And we all saw how much of a paranoid baby you were then by crying that you called the police and FBI on me! Don't worry baby Hendrik, you're safe, nobody is coming to get you this time either..

BTW, aren't there rules on this forum that prohibit issuing challenges?

Please get some one to translate the English for you since your post show you are not able to comprehend proper English

Saying that TaiChi and QiGong practice causes strokes is highly unscientific, unless you have numbers to back that up. What's more, every competent TaiChi teacher knows about the six harmonies and the coordination of Qi and movement. --------

Please do research before making statement on scientific

There are many studies in China similar to the attach photo on stroke and problematic qigong or taiji

Sure everyone can make claim like one do on the topic they don't know and debate in forum

Furthermore. It is the six core elements I refer to in my video not six harmonies which is completely off. I sincerely hope you comprehend the video before making conclusion

Even in Chen man Ching taiji Classic book. It is black and white clearly show the qi stuffs violated the yellow emperor classic or qi channel flow direction which if practice will cause problem.

Thus
    Speak with evidence not use ourself as the center of universe or standard. That is the requirement if we want to talk scientific
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-11-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    You say other lineages are making Appeals to Authority by saying the way they do things is what their sifu says is correct.

You say your method is correct based on science rather than authority, therefore you claim yours to be unarguably the correct way.

The problem with this is, scientific principles will apply in a different way depending on one's interpretation of the actions. So, science could very well support other methods based on their interpretation and purposes which differ from yours.

The only way you can claim yours to be the correct way, is to also make an Appeal to Authority regarding your interpretation of the actions being correct.

Your post is exactly the authotarian mind set type

I say follow the

Law of physics
    Human biomechanics
    And
    Yellow emperor classics

Not follow me.

My message is not about me
    But everything needs to be scientific
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-11-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Common denominator wing chun

http://youtu.be/EOvwodIalpg

Common denominator wing chun

http://youtu.be/EOvwodIalpg

Test test test

Please do research before making statement on scientific
    Sorry, that's not how science works. You make a claim, you present the evidence. An article in a peer reviewed publication would do.
    I don't doubt that there are studies that link stroke to QiGong. I can make you one, if you want. There are studies that show homeopathy works. They just don't meet scientific criteria.

Furthermore. It is the six core elements I refer to in my video not six harmonies which is completely off. I sincerely hope you comprehend the video before making conclusion
    My bad. Maybe you could point out such ambiguities in advance for your non-expert audience.

1. Thanks and appreciate!
    And I agree There are more effective way to communicate if I use professional to do it. However, that need budget which is another issue since my YouTube is for free to everyone.

These are the contents of your first video in this thread, as far as I understand: ------

The following are my response , from your post , you need much more back ground in order to understand what I am presenting.

- WingChun applies the Yellow Emporer Classic. ------

It is proper wing Chun needs to follow : law of physics, human biomechanics , and yellow emperor classic.

- SNT implements the six harmonies.

SNT is based on the 6 core elements which is the common denominator of all ancient tcma , instead of six harmony

- Internal power comes from synchronizing the flow of force, breath and meridians. --------

Internal art is core in force flow , full body breathing, and Qi flow in meridians or channel.

- SNT is for body conditioning and self defense application. ------

Yes. That is the design or the creation for.

- Some of the applications are hidden in plain sight. ------

Siu Lin tau means details development , it is much deeper the what is in the surface.

You go on to discuss five points:
    1. almost nobody gets the internal arts ---------

Most people don't know the science of the ancient internal art.

2. WingChun has nothing to do with TaiChi or QiGong, wrong practice of QiGong is dangerous ------

Taichi, qigong....internal art are just label , one needs to know what is the content , otherwise, it is dangerous to practice. One must not just copy without knowing what, why, and how.

3. demonstration of coordination in collect/release, switching of meridians by thumb up/ thumb down -----

It is a reveal one of the basic SNT concept ---- the collect/release concept. Explain what, why, how it was implemented

4. demonstration of coordination in expansion/contraction ------

It is a reveal one of the basic SNT concept ---- the expansion/contract concept. Explain what, why, how it was implemented

5. demonstration of hidden neutralizing torque while striking in downward

It is a reveal one of the basic SNT concept ---- the neutralizarion/ strike simulataneous concept. Explain what, why, how it was implemented

Point of note: You don't like the normal BongSao. -------

Got nothing to do with me like it or don't like it.

High bong sau violating human body mechanics and subject to weakness.

----------------------------
    Demonstrations take only about 19 of 38 minutes. The narration is highly repetitive, and the analogies only detract. You could cut half of the material and it would actually become easier to follow and get the message. -------------

From your post above,
    The issue is you don't have the background thus you don't appreciate what is presented in details.
    Or you don't see what is there

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    Sorry, that's not how science works. You make a claim, you present the evidence. An article in a peer reviewed publication would do.
    I don't doubt that there are studies that link stroke to QiGong. I can make you one, if you want. There are studies that show homeopathy works. They just don't meet scientific criteria.

My bad. Maybe you could point out such ambiguities in advance for your non-expert audience.
    Lol

go do research in China instead of this convernient way of trying to be expert on what one is not

You could not even differentiate between six core elements and six harmonies, so how are you can make anything sensible at all?

Sorry, not interested in your view
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Your post is exactly the authotarian mind set type
    How? I didn't even make any claim about my method.

I say follow the

Law of physics
    Human biomechanics
    Other methods conform to the laws of physics and human biomechanics too, for their applications.

The actions just differ from yours because their application concepts are different.

You are saying others are wrong because they don't conform to these laws with your applications in mind.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

And
    Yellow emperor classics
    And this is your Appeal to Authority to say that your method is the correct one.

But this text has nothing to do with the origin of Wing Chun. It talks about Chinese Vitalism (Qi), a discredited hypothesis completely rejected by modern science.

My message is not about me
    But everything needs to be scientific
    Qi Flow is unscientific.

Who says Wing Chun must be based in part on Qi Flow? YOU! And a text on Qi unrelated to Wing Chun fighting is your Appeal to Authority.

"It's not about me. Look at this old text." That is exactly an Appeal to Authority, but in this case your authority doesn't even have anything to do with Wing Chun.

You could not even differentiate between six core elements and six harmonies, so how are you can make anything sensible at all?
    You tell your me. You're the one trying to make sense.
    FYI
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obscurantist
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_definition
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

No problem, but then why spill out all those videos on Youtube?

The issue is you don't have the background thus you don't appreciate what is presented in details.
    Or you don't see what is there
    and

Lol

go do research in China instead of this convernient way of trying to be expert on what one is not

Is completely contradictory to the sentiment of simple sharing expressed earlier:

I made This YouTube is for all ordinary human who really want to get something out of the Siu Lin tau practice
    An intelligent person (Cataphract) apparently failed to understand you. And yet rather than looking at your presentation to make things easier to understand, you revel in the apparent misunderstanding, even lolling and dismissing all attempts at understanding.

At LFJ you rant about Qi and Yellow Emperor Classics, ironically making the same logical error you are accusing him of making.

All I know is that I don't know what you are trying to tell me and that if I do try to understand you will dismiss anything I say out of hand. Again all I can suggest is that you work to improve your presentation- it is very difficult to make any sense of what you are saying. It appears to contain no coherent information, and questioning you about it reinforces this impression.

You need to make it simpler, sorry.