Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The breathing and The application concept of Siu Lin tau

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Thanks guy b.

however, as usual, your post here show me you don't know what The video is about.

So please don't waste others bandwidth here.

Btw

Just because you believe in your way of wck. Please read my post above, it is the common denominator wck. Got nothing to do with who's way.
    All I can say is WOW
    I was always given the impression that those masters who attained truly high skill were humble...............................apparently not always so.
    Or does it mean that those who do not have a high skill level, but think then do, can be arrogant.................now I am confused

I am going to be presenting my own theory regarding energy displacement.
    It is a secret formula which is essential to all human beings and it was revealed to me while eating a bowl of Fruit Loops just the other day.
    The way the cereal and the milk interacted showed me the true energy pathways essential for all human beings regardless of style, race or creed.
    Look for my endless You Tube videos where I will say essentially the same thing over and over and still not say much.
    Hmm, perhaps if my martial arts do not work out I have a future in politics or as a lawyer.

All in fun
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

you don't know what The video is about
    This is why I am trying to help you improve your presentation. Most people do not know what your videos are about. This does not mean that they do not understand what you are trying to convey- merely that they haven't managed to discern a coherent message from your presentation.

There simply isn't time in the life of the average person to listen to you repeat the same thing for 20-30 mins while not coming to the point. And then to have the same frustrating process repeated over hundreds of similar videos.

If you wish to convince people then you need to improve your presentation. I am trying to help you because I would like to discuss what you are trying to tell us, rather than waste time trying to work out what it is you are trying to tell us.

it is the common denominator wck. Got nothing to do with who's way.
    There is no point in discussing the content of your message if nobody knows what it is in the first place. When you tell someone that they don't understand then that is your fault- your presentation makes it very hard to gain anything. You need to try harder, rather than blaming others for not understanding (unless you do not wish them to).

Removing yourself from the equation would be a good first step- you are not easy to understand. You should probably train someone who is photogenic and understandable to convey this message if you feel it is important. Then you should think about presentation method- lots of 20 min clips each containing a tiny fraction of what you are trying to say is not a time efficient way to convey info. Hire an editor or use someone able to make things more concise.

Just some basic suggestions. I am not discussing the content because I don't know what you are trying to say, even in the most basic terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    All I can say is WOW
    I was always given the impression that those masters who attained truly high skill were humble...............................apparently not always so.

your post here show me you don't know what The video is about
    Then this is something you should be deeply concerned about, especially since it seems to be the usual reaction of the average person. You are the one attempting to convey info on your wing chun methods via video, not me.

1. What is technical facts got to do with high skill and humble?

Go take alook at any university scientific research or Apple release its new technology announcement.

You sure entitle for your opinion with mis-logic. However, sorry , I am not interested

2. A common denominator is a fact reported not a theory. You certainly are free to present what you like.

Thanks for your opinion however it is off topic from technical but it is something leading into other things which I don't see it has any value but a waste of time which I would not further comment .

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    All I can say is WOW
    Or does it mean that those who do not have a high skill level, but think then do, can be arrogant.................now I am confused

I am going to be presenting my own theory regarding energy displacement.
    It is a secret formula which is essential to all human beings and it was revealed to me while eating a bowl of Fruit Loops just the other day.
    The way the cereal and the milk interacted showed me the true energy pathways essential for all human beings regardless of style, race or creed.
    Look for my endless You Tube videos where I will say essentially the same thing over and over and still not say much.
    Hmm, perhaps if my martial arts do not work out I have a future in politics or as a lawyer.

All in fun
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-09-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Then this is something you should be deeply concerned about, especially since it seems to be the usual reaction of the average person. You are the one attempting to convey info on your wing chun methods via video, not me.

As Galilio present his observation, if you can't accept what is the reality, that's ok.

Btw, there is no my wck. Similar to there is no my sun.

if you can't accept what is the reality, that's ok
    It isn't anything to do with accepting or not accepting your message. I just don't know what it is that you are trying to say due to poor presentation. If I could understand what you are trying to say then I could present an opinon. As it is I can only give an opinion on the presentation.

guy b. has made a very sensible suggestion. Your method is supposed to be scientific. Scientific communication usually is very concise. I don't care about another person presenting for you, but it would be helpful if you got straight to the point you want to make.
    I appreciate the fact you take the time to share your ideas, though.
    Last edited by Cataphract; 04-09-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    guy b. has made a very sensible suggestion. Your method is supposed to be scientific. Scientific communication usually is very concise. I don't care about another person presenting for you, but it would be helpful if you got straight to the point you want to make.

have you watch the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post

have you watch the video?

If yes, then what is not straight to the point? be specific.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-09-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Could've taken only a few minutes to summarize & explain.

5 Concepts

Three types of Flow are necessary to create a "Turbo Engine":

1. Breath Flow (Inhalation & Exhalation)
    2. Qi Flow (e.g.; Chest to Palm)
    3. Force Flow (Action & Reaction Force)

4. Collecting & Releasing

Collect the opponent's Action Force into the ground.
    Release the Reaction Force from the ground up.

5. Lin siu daai da

Simultaneously use elimination and striking.

Okay. A few issues with the above:

Firstly, Qi is essentially the doctrine of Vitalism which is a discredited hypothesis completely rejected by modern science. "Qi Flow" is an unnecessary complication/mystification which adds no verifiable enhancement to the effect of breath and physical force.

Secondly, collecting an opponent's action force may be used by a grappling strategy or playing in chi-sau where there is mutually prolonged contact, but Wing Chun is a striking style that doesn't attempt to prolong contact which is highly unlikely to happen when the opponent is intent on striking too.

Thirdly, the Lin Siu Daai Da concept was shown by interpreting the low pressing action at the sides in the 2nd section of SNT as a low bong-sau. It was then explained that an upper bong-sau is wrong because it exposes your ribs and disrupts Qi Flow and whatnot. At any rate, bong-sau is a defensive action and not a strike. So, this particular interpretation of Lin Siu Daai Da apparently doesn't include Da.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Firstly, Qi is essentially the doctrine of Vitalism which is a discredited hypothesis completely rejected by modern science. "Qi Flow" is an unnecessary complication/mystification which adds no verifiable enhancement to the effect of breath and physical force.

Secondly, collecting an opponent's action force may be used by a grappling strategy or playing in chi-sau where there is mutually prolonged contact, but Wing Chun is a striking style that doesn't attempt to prolong contact which is highly unlikely to happen when the opponent is intent on striking too.

Thirdly, the Lin Siu Daai Da concept was shown by interpreting the low pressing action at the sides in the 2nd section of SNT as a low bong-sau. It was then explained that an upper bong-sau is wrong because it exposes your ribs and disrupts Qi Flow and whatnot. At any rate, bong-sau is a defensive action and not a strike. So, this particular interpretation of Lin Siu Daai Da apparently doesn't include Da.

You don't understand

This will help those who really like to know the facts of ancient Chinese martial art

That's another 21 minutes of the same. It is still not clear what you are trying to tell us.

How about trying to write it down? Keep yourself to 2 paragraphs, no more than 500 words.