Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The breathing and The application concept of Siu Lin tau

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    Why are you showing me Karate techniques? I know that Karate is awesome.

Again, if fighting is all about exchange of momentum, then why not train boxing?

Momentum is momentum. What ever style is still momentum. Sure , boxing is great!

http://youtu.be/fu0Htt0OenA

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    As describe in my video above The classical common denominator text of older wing Chun lineages describe yjkym function as

拑阳落劲 sink force flow with clamping yang
    力從地起 force raise from ground
    Apart from the unnecessary allusion to debunked Qigong nonsense in "yang", I don't disagree with these.

But you don't seem to understand how YJKYM is used in training to develop this and how it relates to fighting.

I've not heard you give an accurate description of YJKYM before saying why people are doing it wrong.

It seems you have learned from books and lack practical training.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

But you don't seem to understand how YJKYM is used in training to develop this and how it relates to fighting.

He doesn't seem to understand a lot of things about VT/WC/WT. He is simply content to sit in California and belittle the global WC community about how we are all doing it wrong, lost and confused, and if we would only watch all HS's amazingly long and boring videos and inane babble (oh, and buy his book)...that we would find the one true "ancient" version and blah blah blah.

Apart from the unnecessary allusion to debunked Qigong nonsense in "yang", I don't disagree with these.

I've not heard you give an accurate description of YJKYM before saying why people are doing it wrong.

This again show an self interpretation of what the ancient Chinese means on yang try to twisting the facts.

There are plenty of my YouTube clearly and specifically describe what yjkym in details accord to ancient writing and today's practice to get result.

You can agree or not agree, the it is as it is. And it simply shows you don't know what is it

I post what it is and how it is and the practice to get result mean by the ancient wcners.

Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    He doesn't seem to understand a lot of things about VT/WC/WT. He is simply content to sit in California and belittle the global WC community about how we are all doing it wrong, lost and confused, and if we would only watch all HS's amazingly long and boring videos and inane babble (oh, and buy his book)...that we would find the one true "ancient" version and blah blah blah.

Sure, you all here are the grandmasters

Sorry, you are wrong again on my presentation. I present solution not as you do here--- accusation without facts

All great speculation, too bad you don't define wing Chun and you have no idea what is yjkym.

...You can keep your blind speculation for yourself.
    Sure, you all here are the grandmasters
    Again showing insecurity and immaturity by turning to personal attacks and insults because his utter misunderstanding of WCK and it's training methods is exposed. This is exactly how whiny children act.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 05-04-2016 at 11:48 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Momentum is momentum. What ever style is still momentum. Sure , boxing is great!
    Momentum is momentum. Agreed. But some methods are better for building momentum than others. Boxing punches generally build more momentum than the center line punch. So if WingChun isn't better at something different than momentum, why bother?

Blog Entries
    Momentum is momentum. Agreed. But some methods are better for building momentum than others. Boxing punches generally build more momentum than the center line punch. So if WingChun isn't better at something different than momentum, why bother?
    Now you have touched the center of this discussion. I agree that "some methods are better for building momentum than others".

For example,

- The Baji system can build momentum better than the long fist system.
    - The Chen Taiji system can build momentum better than the praying mantis system.
    - The XYLH system can build momentum better than the Zimen system.

If your system is not strong in momentum, you will have the following options.

- Accept the fact and don't talk about it.
    - Don't accept the fact, borrow from other systems, and improve it.

For example, Su Yu Chan had cross trained both "Baji" and "praying mantis", since "praying mantis" is not strong in momentum, he borrowed the Baji momentum method, brought it into praying mantis and name it "Baji praying mantis". I'm sure when Su did that, he had to modify some of his praying mantis to integrate his Baji. This may end up some praying mantis guys to think Su's Baji praying mantis is not "pure" praying mantis.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-04-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Excellent realistic post!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Now you have touched the center of this discussion. I agree that "some methods are better for building momentum than others".

For example,

- The Baji system can build momentum better than the long fist system.
    - The Chen Taiji system can build momentum better than the praying mantis system.
    - The XYLH system can build momentum better than the Zimen system.

If your system is not strong in momentum, you will have the following options.

- Accept the fact and don't talk about it.
    - Don't accept the fact, borrow from other systems, and improve it.

For example, Su Yu Chan had cross trained both "Baji" and "praying mantis", since "praying mantis" is not strong in momentum, he borrowed the Baji momentum method, brought it into praying mantis and name it "Baji praying mantis". I'm sure when Su did that, he had to modify some of his praying mantis to integrate his Baji. This may end up some praying mantis guys to think Su's Baji praying mantis is not "pure" praying mantis.

That's why I made this YouTube because I am a wcner.
    I need to know what am I practicing , what is the reality of my opponents, and I can't live in hk wck movie or stories.

http://youtu.be/GJHtoa9nmn0

Navin in this YouTube practice many different art.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-04-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    I try not to use the word WC (Wing Chun) here so my opinion won't upset anybody.

The

- praying mantis system is like a machine gun.
    - long fist system is like a riffle.
    - Baji system is like a grenade.

Do you think that the praying mantis guys don't understand that they don't have as good power generation method as the Baji, Chen Taiji, and XYLH has? I'm sure they all understand that. What the praying mantis is weak in power generation is exactly what the praying mantis is strong and that is the "speed generation". So you style will be either strong in "power generation" or strong in "speed generation", but can't be strong in both.

A simple example, if you throw 7 punches within 1 second, there is no way that all your 7 punches will have your maximum power. But if you just throw 1 punch with all your body weight behind it, you can generate your maximum power.

The funnest thing in our life is, it's very difficult (if not impossible) to find a wife who is pretty and also cooks well. Sometime you want to request your pretty wife to cook better. Not sure how good result that your effort will end to be.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

I have no idea what VT you keep talking about.
    There is only one VT. It is ok with me if you don't understand it.

Sorry, your VT cannot over write human biology and biomechanics.
    I agree and it doesn't.

And John doesn't have to know your VT. It is plain human biology and biomechanics. John has coach enough to know better then most what is the reality of human biomechanics in martial art
    John's misconceptions are based on a lack of understanding of VT. Nobody who did understand the training process would complain about lack of whole body movement during SNT, lack of effectiveness of the stance as a fighting stance, and so on. These are merely category errors due to ignorance of the system.

I have only learned "詠春(WC) - Wing Chun".
    Obviously not very well, unless you are trolling for the sake of argument.

It doesn't seem you were taught properly then...

What you and Hendrik are both missing is that there is a development process to go through in training Wing Chun.

In a bench press analogy, it is like first learning the proper form with an unloaded bar. If you've never done the bench press before and you load up three plates, you will be crushed beneath it.

Of course you must add resistance to train the line of force, and increase pressure to strengthen it, but slowly as your body learns the proper mechanics.

You know the concept of Progressive Overload in resistance training, where you incrementally increase resistance (weight on the bar)? Wing Chun development is the same way.

Wing Chun movements are not part of our natural everyday habits. If you go straight to punching the wall bag or exchanging force in pun-sau without learning "unloaded" structure first, your alignment will be off, you won't be able to send or receive force along the correct lines.

As you say, we're not born with it. It needs to be trained. Well, it is detrimental to your training to skip stages.

YJKYM, opening the training stance, is the very first step in the system, and Hendrik wants to do away with it because he does not understand its purpose at all.
    Excellent post.

Wck is like sickle it spiral and cut forward and reverse at close range. That is how wck is described. As in nui Lim sau and oui lim sau

I try not to use the word WC (Wing Chun) here so my opinion won't upset anybody.

The

- praying mantis system is like a machine gun.
    - long fist system is like a riffle.
    - Baji system is like a grenade.

Do you think that the praying mantis guys don't understand that they don't have as good power generation method as the Baji, Chen Taiji, and XYLH has? I'm sure they all understand that. What the praying mantis is weak in power generation is exactly what the praying mantis is strong and that is the "speed generation". So you style will be either strong in "power generation" or strong in "speed generation", but can't be strong in both.

A simple example, if you throw 7 punches within 1 second, there is no way that all your 7 punches will have your maximum power. But if you just throw 1 punch with all your body weight behind it, you can generate your maximum power.

The funnest thing in our life is, it's very difficult (if not impossible) to find a wife who is pretty and also cooks well. Sometime you want to request your pretty wife to cook better. Not sure how good result that your effort will end to be.