Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: The breathing and The application concept of Siu Lin tau

Thanks for sharing, but I see little in the way of 'facts' regarding WCK in this clip - just opinions based on misundersatandings of even basic concepts in the WCK system.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    One of the wcner made this to summary what he get out of the youtube
    Much easier to beat someone to death with hammer than spring.

6-13-3S :A scientist platform to support the wck of this new era

Take your own risk if you watch this video.

6133S might carry one to pass the line of no return and one no longer be able to do their wck in their usual way.

http://youtu.be/jfUS0eC54RE

Get this book if you like to know the details of 6 13 3, since it is not possible to made a 30 hours video to present it

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Wing-Ch...drik+wing+chun

Hello Hendrik,

Thanks for the video.
    You often speak of testing and verifying in the lab. Could you please show us your lab results? Would you hook up the testing gear on yourself and show us the brain wave scan, the respiratory analysis, etc.? This could be done during chi sau or better yet something with a closing of the gap where momentum is really handled starting from a non-contact position.
    It would be helpful for us to see a demonstration and the lab testing that you speak of. Otherwise this is just talking and a lecture. Now, lectures are useful and I appreciate your time and effort in making videos and writing books, but you repeatedly speak about a scientific verification in the lab. For us to accept your conclusions without a clear presentation of your data and methodologies would be bad science on our part.

Thank you,
    E. Roache

Take your own risk if you watch this video.

6133S might carry one to pass the line of no return and one no longer be able to do their wck in their usual way.

http://youtu.be/jfUS0eC54RE

Get this book if you like to know the details of 6 13 3, since it is not possible to made a 30 hours video to present it

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Wing-Ch...drik+wing+chun
    I watched the video ... at my own risk. if there is a risk, you probably should have a waiver.

I'm still waiting to pass the event horizon / line of no return. Astrophysicists (science ... see what I did there?) say you can pass an event horizon without realising it, but if you are reading this message, I guess that hasn't happened.

The book's $88.88 (Chinese numerology in-joke, you will certainly need luck), I suggest you watch the video first. And decide whether Doctors Without Borders might deserve that money more.

The new era of WC apparently started on Jun 12 (IIRC) with the publication of this video. As the presenter states therein, it was made so people could refer back to it centuries into the future and the ancient info would not be lost again. Humility, your name is Hendrik.

I'll still be training Jiu Jitsu tomorrow, and ...

My reluctance to be assimilated could be a case of pearls before swine ... but, much more likely, a case of the Emperor having no clothes.
    Last edited by anerlich; 06-13-2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: None of your business
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

"What I present is objective science, anyone can go to the lab and get examine. I rather those third party who is interested do it"

But, even if I go to the lab and do it, I have nothing to compare it to. How do I know if I am replicating your data if I don't know what your data is? Show us your examination, please. I can't make your argument for you. A big part of what makes science "objective" is the ability of others to recreate the experiment and reproduce the findings. Objective verification is a keystone of scientific validation.

I participate in a field of science (high energy astrophysics) and if I attempt to publish a conclusion without a description of the data and methodologies from which that conclusion is derived from and then try and tell the scientific community they can produce the data to verify what I am saying if they want to I would lose all credibility for myself and those who work with me. I may "rather a third party who is interested do it" for me, as it is very expensive and time consuming, but how much am I really contributing to objective science? Postulating a hypothesis perhaps, but I haven't proven anything yet.
    You speak of science, but you haven't finished your scientific presentation. So, please, a little bit more data. Objective data, not more subjective discussion.

All the best.
    Last edited by roache; 06-14-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Zuti, I'm no fan of Hendrik and don't understand why Robert Chu wastes time with him, but ...

Robert claimed to teach Wayne Yung his structure tests (which he first published fifteen years ago probably, perhaps even further back) and some knife work.

This doesn't imply he's claiming to be Wayne's teacher. Perhaps he should have used "show" rather than "teach" in hindsight.

I've shown/taught WC guys from other lineages stuff (or stuffs) and they've shown me stuff, some of which I've like and adopted. I'd hope the reverse to be true also. Does that make either of us the other's "teacher"? No.

Last I knew Hendrik and the Snake/Crane guys were in the midst of an acrimonious keyboard warrior dispute of epic proportions, and unless they have made up Robert would be walking an interesting tightrope between the two camps. Though of course it is possible to be friends with two people who detest each other.

I'm not altogether impressed with the assertion that YM Wing Chun is inferior to anything ... Robert spent some time with my instructor and gave no indication he found much lacking from my instructor's skills at the time. Though, then again, my instructor has made a few changes to the way he teaches Wing Chun that remedy what he saw as structural issues with the way he was taught.

In Jiu Jitsu, issues like this are fairly easily resolved, and usually both parties learn from the encounter without anyone's panties ending up in a bunch. Unfortunately in WC we are stuck with long drawn out keyboard religious wars full of grandiose claims.

Like anyone with half a brain, my instructor trained with a lot of different people and tested out a lot of theories, etc. I would encourage anyone else to do the same. Though if you watch a few supposedly revolutionary videos that don't actually say much at all, then there are much better resources with proven track records with which your time would be much better spent.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by roache View Post
    "What I present is objective science, anyone can go to the lab and get examine. I rather those third party who is interested do it"

But, even if I go to the lab and do it, I have nothing to compare it to. How do I know if I am replicating your data if I don't know what your data is? Show us your examination, please. I can't make your argument for you. A big part of what makes science "objective" is the ability of others to recreate the experiment and reproduce the findings. Objective verification is a keystone of scientific validation.

I participate in a field of science (high energy astrophysics) and if I attempt to publish a conclusion without a description of the data and methodologies from which that conclusion is derived from and then try and tell the scientific community they can produce the data to verify what I am saying if they want to I would lose all credibility for myself and those who work with me. I may "rather a third party who is interested do it" for me, as it is very expensive and time consuming, but how much am I really contributing to objective science? Postulating a hypothesis perhaps, but I haven't proven anything yet.
    You speak of science, but you haven't finished your scientific presentation. So, please, a little bit more data. Objective data, not more subjective discussion.

All the best.
    I'm not a pro scientist, but ...

I guess you can test the body (and skeletal/muscular, the distinction between those needs clarification) aspects of "6133S" by measuring the ability to absorb and apply force, presumably in your SLT stance. This is quantifiable. What air squats have to do with it, other than the engagement of the posterior chain and maybe balance and postural alignment, is anyone's guess based on the information (if that is the right word) in the video.

I guess you can measure the mind aspect from an EEG, which reading between the arcane lines of the video and hazy memories of earlier missives on the subject, I imagine Hendrik would think were heavy on alpha and theta sequences. I'm not sold on this as having much of a practical application for combat as to my mind the states of mind you use for practising a form, and fighting, are very different. If you go into a fight in a meditative, inward focused state as you would for a form you'll be getting your clock cleaned quick smart. Benefit of the doubt, I assume H is talking about doing the form. What the ideal state is is a matter of conjecture and probably depends on the goal of the practitioner. You could measure Hendrik's brain waves and mine while we both did SLT and compare the two, but without some objective description of either the baseline or the ideal state here (which depends on context, as described earlier) there is nothing to qualitatively differentiate the two. (On a snide note, I would be aghast if Hendrik's brain waves and mine had significant similarities ).

There is a thing called the Muse which is like a poor man's EEG available for about $400, mainly sold in the context of learning to meditate. FWIW (very little since it's anecdotal evidence), my friend who has one told me that things like binaural beats made little difference, but Wim Hof breathwork made a pretty immediate and noticeable difference.

I guess you are looking for diaphragmatic breathing here. Quantitatively, off the top of my head, you could measure breath frequency and volume, and oxygen uptake into the blood, probably other things. There are a wide variety of people and groups all around the world, from Yoga, Russian martial art and health systems, as well as more recent practitioners like Wim Hof and Andrew Weil, who have made long and serious studies of breathing, many of them predating Wing Chun. Rickson Gracie, for example has made a deep and lifelong study of yoga and Gynastica Natural via Orlando Cani. Rickson's resting breath is a purportedly around four times a minute. I've wrestled with a number of high level BJJ practitioners who use a stuttering type of exhalation which works to relax the body and mind and release endorphins. I mention this only to point out that Wing Chun and Qigong hardly have a monopoly on the study and effective use of breath. Steve Maxwell, the fitness trainer and 5th degree BJJ black belt, has made an intense study of it and trained with practitioners of various breathing disciplines, including a Chinese Qigong master who also happens to be a BJJ black belt, Stanley Tan. Steve has some methods of measuring breathing efficiency and control, and ways to gauge your progress with breathwork. Unlike some, it would appear.

Blood circulation / qi (the same thing according to the video). I dunno, heart rate? The various pulses of TCM? To a large degree this varies on the individual, and is also affected by the breath and other physical and mental factors. I had a girlfriend who was very fit but had a resting heart rate well into the eighties (BPM) because she had rheumatic fever as a child, and currently train Jiu Jitsu with a pro MMA fighter whose resting heart rate is in the mid thirties. There are other measurements like heart rate variability, blood volumes moved by the heart, pressure, etc. There may be an ideal SLT state but with so many variables a lot of questions are being begged.

Perhaps a follow up video, or the $88.88 book, address these issues. Insufficient evidence of that for me to order it from Amazon at this stage.
    Last edited by anerlich; 06-15-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Muse, baby!

Force flow technology with 6133s (admin :do not merge this to other threat)

Wck 1840 Force flow handing with the seven bows is as this picture.

With today's science we can see how to develop the bow sequential for force flow handling or snake slide worm move in the following video which mark the six bows with white marker and seventh bow under the feet.
    http://youtu.be/q_VcjwbfYb0

Thus, I brought the 6133S to this era and the rower as the basic 6133S condition machines.
    http://youtu.be/f9O41o65khw

Everything is clear, whether one has trained and develop force flow or not. It is the fact which determine the skill not speculation or me too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-16-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Thumbs down Hendrik has parted away from his sifu's lineage

Hendrik, you can't use Yik Kam because you have announced to part away from the Choe family and hence you have no relationship with Yik Kam. You need to use iYikKam.

This is your part away announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOArCNJjCcU

With today's science we can see how to develop the bow sequential for force flow handling or snake slide worm move in the following video which mark the six bows with white marker and seventh bow under the feet.

Thus, I brought the 6133S to this era and the rower as the basic 6133S condition machines.

Everything is clear, whether one has trained and develop force flow or not. It is the fact which determine the skill not speculation or me too.

With the diagram you have shown here, no rooting can be done. It is totally a false structure for rooting if you said that it can root the force to ground. It is a big joke.

Seems legit, it was drawn on a napkin.

Get it straight.

Yik Kam is not Choe Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise_Man View Post
    Hendrik, you can't use Yik Kam because you have announced to part away from the Choe family and hence you have no relationship with Yik Kam. You need to use iYikKam.

This is your part away announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOArCNJjCcU

The facts is here

http://youtu.be/A7pynwNEPa0

Stop copying Taiji or others stuffs or term. The more you post the more you show you are clue less. You are obsolete . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise_Man View Post
    With the diagram you have shown here, no rooting can be done. It is totally a false structure for rooting if you said that it can root the force to ground. It is a big joke.

Get it straight.

Yik Kam is not Choe Family.
    Without learning from Choe family, how did you connect yourself to Yik Kam? Yik Kam came into your dream and teach you? You are really funny. This does not make sense at all. Please prove that you learned directly from Yik Kam before else all your claims are fraud.