Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The breathing and The application concept of Siu Lin tau

Hendrik,

While I certainly agree that fitness is important and squats are a great exerciser; SNT is a totally different animal with a different purpose.
    You are comparing applies and oranges.

Squats will do nothing to train fighting skills but will improve strength and endurance.
    I imagine a boxer should stop hitting the heavy bag and just do squats in order to be deadly, same with WC we should all stop doing the forms etc and just do the fitness exercises
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hendrik,

While I certainly agree that fitness is important and squats are a great exerciser; SNT is a totally different animal with a different purpose.
    You are comparing applies and oranges.

Squats will do nothing to train fighting skills but will improve strength and endurance.
    I imagine a boxer should stop hitting the heavy bag and just do squats in order to be deadly, same with WC we should all stop doing the forms etc and just do the fitness exercises

Please share

What does snt train you? Or what fighting skill your snt get you?

Does snt develop anything useful at all for real life activity?
    Look at the clamping knees, lock hip, and twisted ankle. Look at the shallow force full breathing . How is that even train one to use ones body at all? Fitness? Fighting? Or claim which cannot deliver for both? When the snt doesn't develop engine or simply the fitness, not fulfilling the basic tcma training, yes, it is lemon not Apple as it intended for, don't the consumer want to know ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-19-2016 at 06:33 AM.

With the way how the snt practice today, one is extremely not likely to be able to handle ck set. It simply doesn't have the fitness or body handling for ck set. That lead to no way one can do torque power generation or short power which required a full body integration with every joins well handle.

Thus for past 65 years, the trend of wck drift to long fist and no longer doing the close body art as described in these youtubes

That is the secret of wck, an open secret but many still keep looking for myth, lineages secret, .and keep creating stories and secret which doesn't fit into reality of tcma.. Wck

Instead of looking into and face the reality

http://youtu.be/EOvwodIalpg

http://youtu.be/GJHtoa9nmn0
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-19-2016 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Please share

What does snt train you? Or what fighting skill your snt get you?

Does snt develop anything useful at all for real life activity?
    Look at the clamping knees, lock hip, and twisted ankle. Look at the shallow force full breathing . How is that even train one to use ones body at all? Fitness? Fighting? Or claim which cannot deliver for both? When the snt doesn't develop engine or simply the fitness, not fulfilling the basic tcma training, yes, it is lemon not Apple as it intended for, don't the consumer want to know ?
    Well, I could simply reply and ask you what "fighting skill" squats give you? Of course, I highly doubt you would answer.

As to the SNT, it is a form for training and introduces all of the seeds of Wing Chun such as Taun, Fook and Bong. It also teaches elbow placement and trains one to exert energy along forward and into the opponent. It also teaches the basics of gate theory: not allowing ones hands to overextend.

I will not get into the breathing training or whether the stance is beneficial or not but you inquired about fighting skill. With the SNT you have the keys to the system and if you understand them you will be able to grasp the concepts and make the system your own. Kind of like the characters in the alphabet, if you learn the 26 basic characters and understand them you can progress into sentences, paragraphs and even books. But, to say that the letter G is somehow superior to any other letter is kind of like saying something like a squat is the key to fighting skills. Both are important in their place but to claim one is better than the other shows a lack of understanding, imho.

In my opinion your post reveals a lack of understanding of the Wing Chun system.
    I may be wrong and perhaps you really are very skilled and just have trouble conveying things via the written word.
    However, you manner of posting seems to put others off and generate resistance to your ideas and point of view.

Just saying.............................
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

You're rambling and your message is incoherent.

Are you saying YJKYM is somehow detrimental because it can't be used for full body muscle and joint control like squatting?

You don't seem to have a basic understanding of what the training stance is for, and I seriously doubt there is anyone practicing Wing Chun who can't do an air squat, let alone entire lineages of people not even knowing how because they practice YJKYM...

emei 12 zhuang snake engine squat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    In my opinion your post reveals a lack of understanding of the Wing Chun system.
    That's the impression several of us have been getting.

It seems he intends to correct perceived flaws in something he doesn't understand at all to begin with.

emei 12 zhuang snake engine squat
    I see, reading more books and trying to construct your own Wing Chun from unrelated styles?

I saw Donnie Yen do that single leg squat in Ip Man 3. Are you gonna post that next?

Why air squat is an important basic for wck in this era

http://youtu.be/1Sz0U31sjPM
    Oh for Gods sake...........

Youve finally, completely, lost your mind

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    That's the impression several of us have been getting.

It seems he intends to correct perceived flaws in something he doesn't understand at all to begin with.
    Everything criticized is a misrepresentation of the actual thing. If this is done intentionally then it indicates a serious level of dishonesty. More likely I think that it just represents a basic misunderstanding of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Everything criticized is a misrepresentation of the actual thing. If this is done intentionally then it indicates a serious level of dishonesty. More likely I think that it just represents a basic misunderstanding of the system.
    I think it's a bit of both.

On this thread, I was clearly a voice of skepticism and he came on here saying I was talking about magic powers??

That's blatantly dishonest and of course he was unable to directly quote me on any such statement.

I said each part of the SNT form is for fight training. He doesn't understand its fight training purpose and so assumes I'm talking about magic powers. That's all one can guess.

So, yeah, it's both. He's uninformed and uses dishonesty to cover it. He attacks straw men to make his ideas seem superior.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    He doesn't understand its fight training purpose
    Clearly. To criticise the training methods of the VT system you need to know the purpose and meaning behind those training methods. I have never seen HS come close to identifying any of the thinking behind the system. Attacking straw men is not convincing to anyone that practices VT.

This is ok, and HS appears to have created something different. But why the obsession with VT and what does it have to do with the system created by HS?

That particular squat has been around in publication for quite a while, Leo Fong shows himself doing it in one of his CLF Sil Lum / weight training books. I used to be able to knock off 4-5 squats in succession in my younger day, later on I used to do them holding my son when he was one year old 'til he got to be 50lbs. Now, even though my weight is the same and I still have oversize forearms, thighs and calves, I am unable to do one squat and rise back up. Your muscles lose strength for certain exercises. The best thing about this squat is allows you to go to the ground quickly on your back without using your hands. Great for working under a car. Long fist training also, I believe.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-21-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Thus for past 65 years, the trend of wck drift to long fist and no longer doing the close body art as described in these youtubes
    That must be frustrating that you found your WCK has drifted in this manner for so long. Good thing not many outside your welf-branded WC see this same degradation in their WC system. But it's starting to make more sense now why you would look to outside arts to try and patch back together your WC.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 04-22-2016 at 11:41 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Another thought. If we put aside the irony of Hendrik preaching about fighting abilities and fitness when he's publicly said on many occasions that he doesn't train WC for fighting and only for health, I'm sure he is speaking purely from direct experience on this subject and not simply guesswork or 'what he's read in a book', it should be pretty easy for him to film himself doing these squats that he's found to be so beneficial in his training and fight skill development.

What do you say Hendrik? Can't wait to see the clip!!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90