Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The breathing and The application concept of Siu Lin tau

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    It is strange isn't it? Why the sifu like John and other mma players know my point and you don't
    The reply from YouKnowWho is based upon a fundamental misunderstanding of VT training methods. If your point is based upon a similar misunderstanding then that's ok but I fail to see what it has to do with VT?

If you don't address the system as it exists then what sensible answer can there be? Again you need to re-formulate your point so that it is understandable in terms of the system you wish to criticise. So far it seems you are talking about something different.

how is that type of body going to handle a strong opponent with good momentum handling? Those stuffs can be predicted to be fall a part at first contact
    It is strange that you think the posture used in SNT is supposed to handle contact or momentum. This is not VT.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    The reply from YouKnowWho is based upon a fundamental misunderstanding of VT training methods. If your point is based upon a similar misunderstanding then that's ok but I fail to see what it has to do with VT?

If you don't address the system as it exists then what sensible answer can there be? Again you need to re-formulate your point so that it is understandable in terms of the system you wish to criticise. So far it seems you are talking about something different.

Youknowwho is one of the top suichiao Gm and coach in the USA.
    He knows what is reality of fighting or competition.

When you present something which is doesn't making sense for human combat, he knows.

Saying the above, you are free to believe your VT as you like. My sharing is for those who like John. And your VT is your own version which certainly only you know

Please define your VT otherwise no one will know what are you talking about
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-24-2016 at 10:22 AM.

It is strange that you think the posture used in SNT is supposed to handle contact or momentum. This is not VT.
    So what is VT for you? Who define it?

If those practice in SLT is not for fighting training what is it for?

Blog Entries
    Your list of issues seems to be based upon the idea that YJKYM is a fighting stance. Not much I can really say to that.
    May be the original idea of the YJKYM was used to "have a stable stance on a narrow boat" or "used on ski slope".

Name:  stand_on_narrow_boat.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  snow_plaw.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  34.9 KB

It's not used as a fighting stance in this clip.

Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-24-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    May be the original idea of the YJKYM was used to "have a stable stance on a narrow boat". It's not used as a fighting stance in this clip.
    What I propose is supporting the fighting stance in this clip. That is a reality wcners need face, what does one train yjkym for?

Blog Entries
    Here is a group YJKYM training.

Name:  stand_on_boat.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  104.1 KB
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Here is a group YJKYM training.

Name:  stand_on_boat.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  104.1 KB

Even if one intended to train for this , the lower part of the body and spine has to be developed properly. The General yjkym today doesn't do the job

It is human biomechanics. That simple and straight forward

Youknowwho is one of the top suichiao Gm and coach in the USA.
    He knows what is reality of fighting or competition.

When you present something which is doesn't making sense for human combat, he knows.
    When you present something which isn't a part of VT as if it is, either intentionally or due to ignorance of the system, then the opinions of a well known SC coach on that misrepresentation of VT do not have much relevance in terms of actual VT.

your VT is your own version which certainly only you know
    Please define your VT otherwise no one will know what are you talking about
    My VT is the VT system. There is no individual interpretation.

Apparently you do not know this system. This is not a problem to those who do.

SLT..what is it for?
    It sounds like this would be a good place for you to start.

When you present something which isn't a part of VT as if it is, either intentionally or due to ignorance of the system, then the opinions of a well known SC coach on that misrepresentation of VT do not have much relevance in terms of actual VT. ----------

Don't forget he is your opponent if there is a fight. It is your freedom to choose to live in non reality facing him.

My VT is the VT system. There is no individual interpretation. --------

Until you can describe what is your VT no one will know.

Apparently you do not know this system. This is not a problem to those who do.------

Again, no one will know what are you talking about.

It sounds like this would be a good place for you to start.
    Or you completely have lost contact with the reality?

Hendrik,

You really don't know what development purpose YJKYM serves in fight training?

Then why are you criticising it and proposing something better for the job when you don't even know what the job is??

The alternative you show would not work as a replacement.

Don't forget he is your opponent if there is a fight. It is your freedom to choose to live in non reality facing him
    YKW's response to your misrepresentation of VT has no bearing on me.

There isn't anything specifically relating to VT in what you post that I can respond to because it doesn't share any common ground with the VT system. If you don't understand the training progression in VT then why are you criticising the system? So far you are criticizing something that is not VT. I am not sure what your purpose is.

Until you can describe what is your VT no one will know.

Many people know the system that I practice. That you don't seem to is not any problem to me or to those that do. My friendly suggestion is that if you wish to criticise VT, then start by talking about what VT actually does, rather than some misrepresentation. If you don't understand VT then I would advise you either to stop criticising what you don't understand, or to ask some questions of someone that does, so that you can be more informed.