Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gwyneth & Goop

Oh Gwyneth...

...next thing you know, GOOP will be touting this as a Covid cure...

Hurry, This $50 Celeb Fave Face-Cupping Kit Is Back in Stock!
    January Jones and investor Gwyneth Paltrow are both fans of WTHN's treatment, which has so out four times so far.
    By MARENAH DOBIN MAR 17, 2021 5:00 AMTAGS

Shutterstock; E! Illustration

We love these products, and we hope you do too. E! has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not E!.

One of the best ways to treat yourself is through some self-care. And if you can feel like a celebrity in the process, that's even better. Gwyneth Paltrow has invested in the wellness company WTHN, which sells rose quartz eye masks and skincare tools, including the extremely popular face cupping kit.

She's not the only celeb who's into this treatment though. January Jones used the cupping kit in an Instagram Story.

WTHN's face cupping kit is only $50. Nab yours before it sells out...again.

WTHN Face Cupping Kit
    WTHN recommends face cupping two to three times a week, but if you want to ease into it, once a week can make a major difference.
    $50

Instagram
    What's the fuss all about? WTHN describes the technique as "nature's facelift, but better."

Aside from tightening facial muscles, cupping can increase collagen and elastin, promote circulation, minimize wrinkles and it can help reduce aches and pains from muscle tension.

January isn't the only one raving about WTHN's face cupping kit. One reviewer praised the product for helping with "TMJ and tight jaw muscles," gushing that it's "the best quality I could have imagined!" Another customer said it is "easy to use and the results are incredible." No wonder it sold out four times already.

Looking to depuff your skin? Check out this $17 ice roller that Zoë Kravitz and Brie Larson's makeup artist uses during glam sessions.
    threads
    Cupping
    Gwyneth-amp-Goop
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm not sure why Gwyneth news is so fascinating here...

...hold the phone. Quinoa whiskey?

Gwyneth Paltrow drank whiskey ‘every night’ during COVID-19 lockdown
    By Jesse O’NeillMay 9, 2021 | 12:28am

Gwyneth Paltrow went "totally off the rails" in quarantine.Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic

The actress, who is well known for her wellness and lifestyle brand Goop, concocted a lot of quinoa whiskey cocktails to help her get through the lockdown, according to The Mirror.

“I was drinking seven nights a week and making pasta and eating bread. I went totally off the rails,” Paltrow, 48, said, according to the article.

“I mean, who drinks multiple drinks seven nights a week? Like that’s not healthy. I love whiskey and I make this fantastic drink called the Buster Paltrow, which I named after my grandfather who loved whiskey sours,” the actress reportedly continued.

“And it’s this great quinoa whiskey from this distillery in Tennessee with maple syrup and lemon juice. It’s just heaven. I would have two of those every night of quarantine.”

Paltrow said she did not get “like, black-out” drunk, but was hankering for cigarettes during her nightly imbibing.

“I miss it,” she said of her former smoking habit, according to the British tabloid.

threads
    Gwyneth-amp-Goop
    covid
    Let-s-talk-Whisky!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I give Gwyneth a lot of flack...

...but it's because I'm insanely jealous of the empire she has built.

And this superbowl ad is hysterical. Good on Gwyneth!

threads
    Gwyneth-amp-Goop
    Superbowl
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Diapér

Gwyneth Paltrow Pretends to Sell $120 Disposable Diapers to Make a Statement
    The Goop founder used her platform to raise awareness about the taxing of essential items.
    BY EMILY KIRKPATRICK
    MAY 12, 2022

Gwyneth Paltrow satirized her own company's penchant for promoting slightly absurd luxury goods in order to make a serious statement about the taxing of essential items.

On Wednesday, Goop posted a very fancy-looking, branded diaper to its Instagram account. The joke product, called “The Diapér,” is a bougie disposable nappy that the brand said it would be launching on Friday and that would retail at $120 for a pack of twelve. The post was captioned, “Meet The Diapér. Our new disposable diaper lined with virgin alpaca wool and fastened with amber gemstones, known for their ancient emotional-cleansing properties.” It also touted that the human waste receptacle would be “infused with a scent of jasmine and bergamot for a revitalized baby.”

Most fans quickly realized that the ad must be a joke as the product seemed a little too outlandish even by Goop's standards. But given that this it the same company that once sold products such as “NASA spacesuit stickers,” “psychic vampire repellent spray,” and yoni eggs that earned them a $145,000 government fine, others weren't quite so sure. But ultimately, the diaper did turn out to be a fake as the PR company behind the Diapér revealed in a press release to Vice's Motherboard that it was a stunt orchestrated between Goop and Baby2Baby, a nonprofit that collects diapers and other essential items to distribute to families in need nationwide.

The statement read, “Tomorrow, Goop CEO Gwyneth Paltrow will reveal on Instagram that ‘The Diapér’ is designed to expose the ridiculousness of taxing diapers like a luxury product.” Following the shock on social media, Paltrow released her own video on Instagram on Wednesday evening, explaining, “Goop launched a luxury disposable diaper at $120 for a pack of 12 and there was a lot of outrage. Good. It was designed to **** us off. Because if treating diapers like a luxury makes you mad, so should taxing them like a luxury.”

The actress continued, “Despite the absolute necessity of diapers, in 33 states they aren’t treated like an essential item. They're taxed like a luxury good. This leaves one in three families struggling to afford them. While eliminating the diaper tax is not a complete solution, it could allow many families to pay for another month's supply.” In the caption, she also noted that the price of the fictional diapers was chosen as that's “what the diaper tax could cost families annually,” pointing out that there are also many struggling right now due to the nationwide baby formula shortage. She urged viewers to donate to Baby2Baby to aid in all of the good work they do, especially in abolishing this tax, using the hashtag #ChangeTheDiaperTax.
    I question a lot of Goop here but this is brilliant.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Luv this thread...

...not that I wish GOOP any ill will, but this thread is all over the place.

2 Men Injured After Catching Fire Following Explosion at Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Hamptons Store
    According to police officials, two men were badly burned after a s'mores incident at one of Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop stores in Sag Harbor Village on Long Island
    July 08, 2022 08:46 PM

LOS ANGELES, CA - NOVEMBER 08: Gwyneth Paltrow is seen at "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on November 08, 2021 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by RB/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images)
    CREDIT: RB/BAUER-GRIFFIN/GC IMAGES
    Two men were rushed to the hospital after an explosion at Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop store in Sag Harbor Village, New York.

Sag Harbor Village Chief of Police Austin J. McGuire told PEOPLE the incident occurred at Goop's 4 Bay Street location on June 25 during a small event taking place.

Upon arrival, he said he was informed that stone candle holders were being filled with rubbing alcohol, and eventgoers were using this method to melt marshmallows for s'mores. One of the event managers reportedly had seen this technique used on social media.

However, too much-rubbing alcohol was added to the candle holders before the flames were completely extinguished causing the explosion.

"I've been doing this for 26 years and I've seen a lot, but nothing like this," Chief McGuire told PEOPLE.

"Thankfully there was a fire extinguisher at the location and they were able to extinguish the men, who were outside on a patio," he said, adding that he is sure the result of the injuries sustained would have been far worse if there was not a fire extinguisher on site.

A representative for Goop confirmed to PEOPLE that there "was an accidental fire in connection with a s'mores station at the goop store last Saturday."

"We are wishing a speedy recovery to the two injured parties and are grateful there were no additional injuries. No candles were in use at the time of the accidental fire," the representative said.

The East Hampton police blotter reported, "Police responded to a strange scene at Goop on Saturday evening, where two men had caught fire. They reported that rubbing alcohol had been added to candles, causing a large explosion and flames."

"Police were able to apply ice packs, but one man, who had a large burn on his back and ears, had to be taken by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital. The other, who had sustained facial burns, was transported by ambulance to Southampton Hospital."

The actress and entrepreneur founded the lifestyle and wellness brand in 2008. Since then Goop has launched in-house beauty, clothing and home lines along with a number of brick-and-mortar locations.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Monosodium Glutamate debate rages on...

Comedian Jenny Yang’s Food Education Campaign Asks Goop to Rethink MSG Messaging
    Yang's latest collaborative food education campaign, held in conjunction with MSG-producing company Ajinomoto, redefines "clean eating" and constructively calls Goop, Gwyneth Paltrow's wellness platform, to action.

BY EVAN NICOLE BROWN

SEPTEMBER 8, 2022 5:37PM

Jenny Yang Dinner With Goop COURTESY OF AJINOMOTO CO. INC

Jenny Yang, comedian, writer and actor, is dispelling myths around MSG and “clean eating” with a clever campaign — developed with Ajinomoto, a Japanese multinational food and biotechnology corporation — called #DinnerWithGoop.

The dinner, which was held Sept. 7 at The Gourmandise School in Santa Monica was not attended by Gwyneth Paltrow or any other representatives from her popular wellness platform Goop. Yang extended the invitation in an effort to start a fact-based conversation surrounding “clean eating,” a lifestyle and diet Goop promotes, and how she believes it is ultimately problematic because it propagates the idea that the way many people eat is impure and assigns moral value to food choices.

“Food has been a lifelong passion of mine because it’s so tied with my culture, it’s so tied with identity,” Yang told The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday night. “When I became a comedian and built a following online, talking back to people who would malign ingredients or foods that represented my culture became one of my favorite things to talk about. [Goop] was calling MSG not clean eating when that’s not even backed by scientific evidence … so this was a natural fit for me.”

Yang’s relationship with Ajinomoto (which produces and sells seasonings, including MSG) started in 2020 during the earliest months of the pandemic when the company asked her to be a part of their #TakeOutHate campaign, which was kickstarted because they predicted that the Asian community would get backlash because of the origins of the coronavirus. (Margaret Cho, Harry Shum Jr. and Gail Simmons participated too.)

“If you think about how Asian-American representation happens in this country, people immediately think of food. That’s one of the more prominent formats where we have influence on the culture,” Yang says. “[Goop] put their flag in the sand and said MSG is not clean eating, therefore dirty. There’s a huge history of demonizing MSG for what it represented — it was very much connected to Chinese restaurants and people. There’s a lot of baggage with MSG, and I don’t think they’ve been thinking about this when they call it dirty.”

The dinner last night featured Laos dishes with a California flair from L.A.-based Chef Saeng Douangdara, like rehydrated sticky rice, Lao meatballs and spaghetti, chicken laab rice-paper tacos and Hong Shao Rou braised pork. All of the items had MSG present, but the first course — a lemongrass cold corn soup — was offered in MSG and non-MSG versions, so guests could taste the difference. It was stark. (When monosodium glutamate is present in food, the glutamate binds to the umami — or, the fifth taste — receptor on eaters’ tongues, creating a more savory sensation.)

Dr. Tia Rains, vp of customer engagement and strategic development at Ajinomoto North America, is committed to working on getting more food and culture media to talk about misconceptions around MSG (which has a long history of being perceived as unhealthy, despite science proving it has two-thirds less sodium than table salt) and ingredients associated with certain cultures. “I believe in bringing the truth about food and food ingredients to the public. MSG is safe and can not only be used as a food enhancer but also to reduce sodium anywhere from 30 to 50 percent. My background is in nutrition science, and so, to me, that’s extremely important when 9 out of 10 Americans overconsume the amount of sodium you should be having for a healthy diet,” she said. Adding, “Unfortunately, it’s very prevalent that ultimately what [some platforms are] doing is misleading the American public into diets that are not in their best interest. Anyone who has a health and wellness platform should be echoing the [science’s] sentiment of what makes a healthy diet.”

Despite common misperceptions, MSG has been deemed safe by the FDA, the World Health Organization (WHO) and many more reputable health organizations. Common foods that have MSG are parmesan cheese, ranch dressing, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, nutritional yeast, soups, savory snacks and other prepared foods.

Yang and other attendees from the dinner allege that since this campaign has been underway, Goop has clandestinely removed articles mentioning MSG or added disclaimers. “I’m always very attuned when someone with power and influence like Goop tries to get in on the conversation by calling something from my culture either good or bad, clean or dirty,” Yang says. “I think the company is smart enough that if they really thought about it, they would correct themselves. We’re not trying to demonize Goop, but we truly are just trying to have a conversation.”

THR reached out to Goop and had not heard back at the time of publication.
    Chinese-restaurant-syndrome
    Gwyneth-amp-Goop
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals How goop Brings Their Infamous Gift Guide to Life

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Rectal Ozone Therapy

Here’s the dangerous truth about Gwyneth Paltrow’s rectal ozone therapy

By Jane Herz
    March 26, 2023 7:36pm Updated

This Goop guru may not know it all.

Earlier this month, wellness queen Gwyneth Paltrow admitted to doing rectal ozone therapy, but now, doctors are warning against it.

The therapy, which uses medical-grade ozone gas administered through an ozone-generator device, can be inserted in your body in many ways, according to The Cleveland Clinic.

It can be blown up the bum via a catheter, as Paltrow has suggested she does.

Dr Stuart Fischer, who works as an emergency medicine physician in New York, told The Daily Mail that the scientific evidence to back up the practice was “controversial at best.”

“There may be some unknown side effects or unknown benefits,” Dr. Fischer told the outlet. “The efficacy, and the mode or the route are extremely questionable.”

Dr. Fischer has studied alternative medicine, like ozone therapy, throughout his career, according to the outlet.

Ozone is a gas molecule that is made up of three oxygen atoms, according to The American Lung Association. It’s also known as smog, which is dangerous to breathe in.

Gwyneth Paltrow appeared on a podcast called “The Art of Being Well,” and admitted to using rectal ozone therapy.
    TikTok/@dearmedia

Doctors are now warning against using the treatment.
    Instagram/@gwynethpaltrow

The therapy claims to have multiple benefits, like reducing “oxidative stress,” giving the immune system a boost, and protect your body from things like bacteria and fungus.

The gas can be blown up your rectum or other body parts, applied to your skin, mixed with your blood, injected into a muscle, or even ingested by drinking a small amount of it in oil or water, according to The Cleveland Clinic.

But don’t get too excited — in 2019, the Food and Drug Administration actually put out a warning against ozone therapy and its usage.

At the time, the FDA stated that, “ozone is a toxic gas with no known useful medical application in specific, adjunctive, or preventive therapy.”

Gwyneth Paltrow has spoken out on Dr Will Cole’s podcast about her diet – and having ozone therapy rectally.
    Dear Media

According to The Daily Mail, getting the therapy in your rectum takes up to ten minutes and can be administered more than once a week.

In New York City, there are many places to get ozone therapy administered– The Drip Gym, located in Queens and Great Neck, Long Island, offers it via an IV at $250 per 25-minute session.

If you want to get similar benefits ozone therapy claims to give, the doctor recommended taking other dietary supplements like antioxidants instead.

He explained that this will slow down cell aging, which is what this ozone therapy claims it can do.

“That’s what I would say works, this is relatively well researched, whereas ozone’s benefit is controversial at best,” Dr Fischer said.

Paltrow said she doesn’t eat until around noon every day.
    Instagram/@kendrascott

Paltrow first made the admission about getting rectal ozone therapy during a March appearance on the “The Art of Being Well” podcast with her doctor, Will Cole.

During the podcast, she was asked what the “weirdest wellness thing” she’d ever done was. A clip of what she said was posted to TikTok, where it went viral.

“I have used ozone therapy, uh, rectally,” Paltrow said in response. “It’s pretty weird. But very — it’s been very helpful.”

During the podcast, she also talked about her “wellness routine,” which included drinking bone broth for lunch and going into her infared sauna for 30 minutes per day.

She later came out and defended the routine via an Instagram story, blaming it on having “long COVID.”

“I have been working to really focus on foods that aren’t inflammatory, [and] it’s been working really well,” the actress explained. .

She admitted to doing ozone therapy during a March podcast appearance.
    dearmedia/tiktok

“This is based on my medical results and extensive testing I’ve done over time,” the 50-year-old added.

She noted that her her routine wasn’t “meant to be advice for anyone else.”

Paltrow is currently standing trial for a 2016 ski-slope crash.
    So...anyone here try this?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gotta hand it to Gwyneth...

...she knows how to stay in the public eye.

Gwyneth Paltrow 'is planning a range of chocolates inspired by THAT £75 vagina-scented candle from her Goop brand'
    By LAURA FOX FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 04:26 EDT, 22 June 2023 | UPDATED: 18:16 EDT, 22 June 2023

Gwyneth Paltrow is reportedly planning to launch a range of chocolates inspired by the viral vagina-scented candle from her Goop store.

The actress has sent fans into a frenzy in recent years with some unusual additions to her lifestyle brand, with wild gift suggestions including a $219 sex toy and $66 vaginal eggs.

Now, it's being reported that the star is planning to delve into the confectionary world with a range of sweet treats, inspired by the same scent of her iconic 'This Smells Like My Vagina' candle.

According to The Sun, she is planning a range of chocolates called This Tastes Like My Vagina.

The site claim she has filed documents that would allow her to trademark the chocolate brand in the US, so it can be sold worldwide on her Goop website.

But representatives for the star's lifestyle brand have denied the report to MailOnline.

That's different! Gwyneth Paltrow is reportedly planning to launch a range of chocolates inspired by the viral vagina-scented candle from her Goop store

Gwyneth famously released her This Smells Like My Vagina candle back in 2020, and admitted the geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar scented candle, originally started as a joke.

The product's description read: 'This candle started as a joke between perfumer Douglas Little and GP—the two were working on a fragrance, and she blurted out, 'Uhhh... this smells like a vagina' - but evolved into a funny, gorgeous, sexy, and beautifully unexpected scent.

'(That turned out to be perfect as a candle—we did a test run at an In goop Health, and it sold out within hours.)

'It's a blend of geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed that puts us in mind of fantasy, seduction, and a sophisticated warmth.'

Following her first candle's success, Gwyneth's brand then released a second titled, This Smells Like My Orgasm.

Wow! The star sparked a viral frenzy in 2020 when she released a candle titled 'This Smells Like My Vagina,' and is now reportedly planning a range of sweet treats based on the scent

Gwyneth Paltrow shares sneak peek at in-flight skincare regimen

The description read: 'A fitting follow-up to that candle — you know the one — this blend is made with tart grapefruit, neroli, and ripe cassis berries blended with gunpowder tea and Turkish rose absolutes for a scent that's sexy, surprising, and wildly addictive.'

Gwyneth - who founded the website in 2008 - is no stranger to sparking controversy on her lifestyle website by previously advising readers to purchase a $15,000 24k gold ******** and vaginal jade eggs.

She has also turned her attention to the world of BDSM, selling a nude underwear set alongside a black whip, which promised to fulfill consumers 'fantasies'.

The lingerie set's product description read: 'Handmade in England, this saddle leather bra is what BDSM fantasies are made of.

'O-ring details, racy demi cups for freeing the nipple, buckles to be undone, this piece--paired with the matching knickers--is prepped for full speed ahead. Layer an easy tee underneath for a more subtle statement.'
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Michelle Yeoh on Making a Marriage Work, Being Friends with Exes, and Her Career

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Props to Gwyneth

Gwyneth Paltrow remains sweatless and perfectly composed while eating spicy wings on ‘Hot Ones’

By Alli Rosenbloom, CNN
    2 minute read
    Updated 3:45 PM EDT, Thu March 21, 2024

Gwyneth Paltrow at the 2023 CFDA Awards in New York City. James Devaney/GC Images/Getty Images
    CNN

Gwyneth Paltrow appeared on Thursday’s episode of hot wing interview show “Hot Ones,” and naturally, her reaction to consuming the spicy wings was flawless.

The Oscar-winner and Goop founder admitted before she even took her first bite that she was already “full of regret” about participating in this interview concept, saying she likes a little spice in her food but that she didn’t feel “equipped” to be there.

She would quickly prove viewers, and herself, wrong.

Paltrow hardly even broke a sweat while discussing a wide range of topics while ingesting progressively spicier bites of wings, keeping her signature dewy glow fully intact.

Instead, she verbalized her internal struggle, jokingly telling the show’s host Sean Evans that she was losing his trust and that her “breathing is sort of an issue but I’m sure that’ll pass.”

Staying mostly physically composed around the halfway point, some of Paltrow’s answers to Evans’ questions did become a bit unhinged – like when he asked if it’s true that former President Bill Clinton fell asleep during a White House screening of her 1996 film “Emma.”

“He was snoring right in front of me. I was like, wow. I guess this is going to be a real hit movie,” she said, laughing. “But it was (a hit), so… f— you Bill Clinton!”

And when she bit into the wing fully sauced with the notoriously destructive, taste bud-ruining hot sauce appropriately branded as “Da Bomb,” she simply meditated her way through the sensation she described as “incredibly painful.”

“Wow,” the lifestyle mogul said, in her zen state. “The violation is intense.”

Namaste, Gwyneth.
    I don't think I could meditate through that and maintain my dewy glow.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips