Thread: Where can I buy a duan da dao?

Where can I buy a duan da dao?

I need a duan da dao, basically a pudao with a shorter handle. Anyone know where I can get one?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I need a duan da dao, basically a pudao with a shorter handle. Anyone know where I can get one?
    There's these: http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-79.html

or a 9 ring broadsword works too.
    Also MaM has a two piece Pudao that you could leave the tail off of.
    Or, buy a pudao and cut it.

Kung Fu is good for you.

MAM's two-piece Pudao might work best for you.

2 Piece Pudao

Do you have an example of what you're looking for 7*? There's some variation in different lineages so I'm not 100% sure how to advise you here.

P.S. Thanks for the assist there, DJ!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Looks line a short pudao. Here's one I found:
    http://www.buykungfu.com/horse-leg-cutter-114/
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There's these: http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-79.html

or a 9 ring broadsword works too.
    Also MaM has a two piece Pudao that you could leave the tail off of.
    Or, buy a pudao and cut it.

I saw these before I posted. The hilt is too short

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Ah gotcha. Used to call those Mah Do in Cantonese.

A horse cutter. Sorry to say it but MAM no longer stocks those. It used to be one of my favorite weapons too - I learned a Bak Sil Lum form back in the day. Unfortunately, orders were so slow on it that it was discontinued. It stands among many fairly standard traditional Kung Fu weapons that are not really represented in Modern Wushu, so they've fallen by the wayside as a product marketable to the U.S. A shame really - I truly wish the traditional Kung Fu community could support us carrying more of these kinds of weapons. I've lobbied hard to keep such things in stock, but I can't argue with sales numbers.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Argh. I found I nice one on amazon, but it's sharp - I'm not learning with that one. I guess I'll have to order the one I poster yesterday.

Chee kim thong picked up a form somewhere - I don't think it's part of ngo chor - but that weapon is good for my buddy type and strength, so they are showing me the form.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Go sharp or go home!

You can always tape a strip of garden hose over the blade until you get your sharp on.

I did iaido for a few years. I respect sharp.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

there is really no reason to own those things these days. just get a random steel pole from garbage dump or home depot.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Bawang, you've never experienced a self defense situation if you've never been attacked by a man on a horse...

Also, as a teen, I was attacked by a dude on a bike. I was able to sidestep and pull him off, but I would've preferred to slice through the tire and spokes with a razor sharp horse cutter.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    Bawang, you've never experienced a self defense situation if you've never been attacked by a man on a horse...

Also, as a teen, I was attacked by a dude on a bike. I was able to sidestep and pull him off, but I would've preferred to slice through the tire and spokes with a razor sharp horse cutter.
    I think you need a gun bro...but whatevs. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dr. Dale Dugas
    Hakka Mantis
    Integrated Eskrima
    Pukulan Cimande Pusaka Sanders

All for Use
    Nothing for Show

http://www.blackbeltshop.com/pudao_combat_steel.htm

This is exactly what I want... ****ed thing has been discontinued. Sigh.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter