How is it we don't have a general liquor thread here yet? Well, we do now.

Chinese woman chugs $190 of cognac at airport security after being told she couldn't bring it on the plane
Brad Cohen, USAToday 10:30 a.m. EDT August 26, 2015

Back when I was a kid, my mom used to guilt me into eating the rest of my dinner — which was probably dried out chicken or, if I was lucky, Kraft macaroni and cheese — by reminding me that there were children starving in Africa. The mental image of those teary-eyed emaciated kids from Sally Struthers ads was usually enough for me to force myself to swallow another two or three bites of that chicken.

I can only hope that Jiu Jin Zhao was thinking of all the teary-eyed old men across Europe longing for another sip of cognac after closing time when she allegedly proceeded to down an entire bottle of $190 Rémy Martin XO Excellence at the security line of Beijing Capital international airport.

When airport security explained Zhao couldn't bring a bottle more of liquid exceeding 100 ml on the plane, she reportedly decided that she would be ****ed if she would waste even one drop of such finely distilled French liquor. According to the Guardian, as reward for her impressive-yet-terrifying feat, police and airline staff denied her a seat on the plane out of concern that her inebriation would be a safety risk. This seems like a good move, because nobody needs another drunk flier running around the airplane cabin topless.

From South China Morning Post:

“'She was so drunk… she couldn’t even stand up herself. We took her to a room in a wheelchair so she could rest,' the officer told The Beijing Times.
Curiously enough, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Back in June, a pair of Chinese travelers chugged a bottle of aphrodisiac wine at Baiyun International Airport when security told them they couldn't carry on the bottle, which means we're one incident away from this becoming a trend in China.
This reminds me of an episode from our baijiu thread.