Thread: Wing Chun Sil Nim Tao - The Internal Path

Wing Chun Sil Nim Tao - The Internal Path

My regards to the members of this forum. For any Wing Chun practitioner who may be considering incorporating the Internal Mechanics into their basic training, I have published a book that presents a simple yet comprehensive method by which to do so. Within the contents of the book I give detailed examples of how to use the Internal Mechanics to express the Tan, Wu, Fok and Bong, along with a personal interpretation of their specific functions within the Sil Nim Tao. Those who are interested can find the book on Amazon U.K

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 12.15.38.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  102.9 KB

Name:  Internal Pages.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  74.5 KB

Name:  Internal Sample 1.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  Internal Sample 2.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  72.6 KB
    Last edited by Siukee; 04-23-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Your publication looks to be very well produced with in-depth content, Sifu Siukee, congratulations on seeing through a project that must have taken a great deal of time and endeavor !

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Your publication looks to be very well produced with in-depth content, Sifu Siukee, congratulations on seeing through a project that must have taken a great deal of time and endeavor !
    Thank you kindly, took just over two years to complete. This was a subject that I had wanted to write about for many years, and it was my endeavour to put down in this book my personal interpretation of the Sil Nim Tao which incidentally is not affiliated or associated to an particular lineage.

Great job Siukee! From the pages you've shared, it appears you are delving into important ideas in WC SNT - I look forward to reading my copy when it arrives!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Great job Siukee! From the pages you've shared, it appears you are delving into important ideas in WC SNT - I look forward to reading my copy when it arrives!
    Thanks Jonathan, my regards to all the guys in AZ. I hope you will find some of the ideas relevant to your own training.

Hendrik, Firstly the Internal Engine that you have described is not unique to the Yik Kam lineage, most Soft Internal styles would use a very similar method of Rooting and Power Delivery. I have no majors issues with how you express your Basic Internal Engine. However that is the only parallel.

Where I differ is on the whole concept of the YJKYM and what it represents. I wont be going into a huge amount detail here as I plan to produce a series of video clips in the summer to demonstrate the basic ideas within the book. In short I believe the signature design of Wing Chun was based on specific expressions (Tools) which are namely the Tan, Wu, Fok, Bong .......... hence the system of Wing Chun should look and function the same way as it does when performing the SNT.

Kung Fu development has always been rife in China's history and even though Wing Chun may have started from a single lineage, a period of 400 year would most certainly have produced numerous branches with their own individual identities. So even if the Yik Kam lineage was one of these earlier branches of Wing Chun, I fail to see how it can be used to explain the modern Ip Man SNT that we have today. So I suggest you either have a completely different branch of VT or you have a very old system that has since been changed and updated.

I also disagree on the reasons for the thumb positions in your Tan Sau as it is still possible to drain power with it pulled down and out (the thumb position should never be straight during combat ), and the Bong can be deployed effectively from any height and not just from the low position that you showed in your clip.

In the book I explain what I think the YJKYM represents as a training stance. I also define what I believe are the main functions of the various movements (Tools), and how these tools can be expressed and delivered using the Internal mechanics.

Hey Sukiee,

Ordered a copy from Amazon last night, looking forward to the read.

Best wishes from San Francisco!

-Eric

Looks like a well thought out book..looking forward to reading it..good luck with your work..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Hey Sukiee,

Ordered a copy from Amazon last night, looking forward to the read.

Best wishes from San Francisco!

-Eric
    Thanks Eric hope you enjoy the read. If u don't I'm sure I'll be seeing the book on sale on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    Looks like a well thought out book..looking forward to reading it..good luck with your work..
    Thank you Sifu McllWrath

The narrowing down of the SLT form for Internal TCMA development is an excellent platform for your book, Sifu Siukee, as it isolates this practice which contains the benefit of standing post meditation/internal development while also creating the Wing Chun base "tool-kit" of the signature style. I have always thought of this standing form-set as Qi Gong foremost, whereas practicing the wider "horse riding stance" in other styles of Kungfu as base/strength development foremost. https://chinesemartialstudies.com/20...hun-community/
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-28-2016 at 11:29 PM.