Thread: How to Train like BRUCE LEE

How to Train like BRUCE LEE

Since this video is two years old i'm not sure if its been posted already. So this is from Jeff Cavalier's youtube channel. For those of you not familiar with Athlean X he offers lots of good, FREE training advice, techniques and routines. Worth a look see I think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5wbzOPRu7A
    Buy the best and cry once!

Firstly why is this in the mma section, probably because everyone in the strength forum knows better I suppose, holding up bruce Lee as a icon of strength and power.... Really?

If people want a good FREE programme as actually used by mma fighters and pro footballers to build strength and athletic ability please skip this guy and visit Joe DeFranco's website

The MMA forum was formerly the JKD section

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Firstly why is this in the mma section, probably because everyone in the strength forum knows better I suppose, holding up bruce Lee as a icon of strength and power.... Really?

If people want a good FREE programme as actually used by mma fighters and pro footballers to build strength and athletic ability please skip this guy and visit Joe DeFranco's website
    Our old JKD section was cannibalized by MMA but the forum description still reads "Mixed Martial Arts: The family of new hybrid martial arts ranging from Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do to Brazilian Jujitsu and other styles spotlighted in No-Holds Barred matches." So this can be the proper forum for this. As for the rest of your reply, Frost, well, I'll leave that to robertdreeben.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Our old JKD section was cannibalized by MMA but the forum description still reads "Mixed Martial Arts: The family of new hybrid martial arts ranging from Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do to Brazilian Jujitsu and other styles spotlighted in No-Holds Barred matches." So this can be the proper forum for this. As for the rest of your reply, Frost, well, I'll leave that to robertdreeben.
    id argue since its talking about his workouts and not his martial arts training its still the wrong forum, but you are the owner so i bow to you

Well... I thought this was the right section as Bruce Lee was a MM artist. As you can see by my 8 posts, I'm still a rookie here learning how to negotiate through the rough terrain of this forum. Thank you Gene for clarifying my selection.

"Bruce Lee as an icon of strength and power, really?" Yes really. His achievements speak for themselves as delineated in the 2009 History Channel documentary "How Bruce Lee Changed the World". His training methodologies were unique and innovative even going so far, as using a TENs machine for muscle stimulation and recovery. Lee had ordered a dumbbell and barbell set from Joe Weider [who had the actual order request from Bruce!] back in the day way before bodybuilding was in vogue for the common man/MMA. Mike Mentzer writes in the introduction to the article "Warm Marble" the Lethal Physique of Bruce Lee", by John Little "Even such a personage as Joe Weider remarked on the outstanding muscular refinement and definition of Lee's physique, especially the master abs. As Mr. Little also explains, Bruce Lee's physique had a remarkable influence on some of today's top physique champs. Bodybuilding luminaries, including Lou Ferrigno, Lee Haney, Dorian Yates, Rachel Mclish, Lenda Murry, Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray have all spoken on record concerning the enormous impact the physique of Bruce Lee had on them."

As a kid growing up in the 60's and a teenager in the 70's, yes I was/am still a big Bruce Lee fan. I think Jeff's Video on Bruce Lee is pretty cool and clever that any die hard Bruce Lee fan would appreciate. Thats why I posted it.

I checked out and liked Joe DeFranco's website, he presents lots of good training tips as well. However before any reader here discounts Athlean X because of it's "bling" it would be prudent to note that Jeff Cavaliere's credentials are solid. Amongst other things he served as the head physical therapist and assistant strength coach for some pro baseballers called The NY Mets in their 2006, 2007 and 2008 seasons.
    Buy the best and cry once!

Ummm....

Greetings,

You can not develop a physique like that when you have only one descended testicle and that particular testicle produces sperm. Just ask Lance Armstrong. When will people finally get real with this.

mickey

F, rd & m

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    id argue since its talking about his workouts and not his martial arts training its still the wrong forum, but you are the owner so i bow to you
    True, true. This could fit under either category.

Quote Originally Posted by robertdreeben View Post
    His achievements speak for themselves as delineated in the 2009 History Channel documentary "How Bruce Lee Changed the World".
    Shannon Lee on HOW BRUCE LEE CHANGED THE WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    You can not develop a physique like that when you have only one descended testicle and that particular testicle produces sperm.
    WTH?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene,

The is true. The other produces testosterone. If the testosterone one is not descended you have a serious deficit. Just ask Lance Armstrong. His T-ball was removed. And like Bruce Lee, he could still father children.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 04-26-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertdreeben View Post
    Well... I thought this was the right section as Bruce Lee was a MM artist. As you can see by my 8 posts, I'm still a rookie here learning how to negotiate through the rough terrain of this forum. Thank you Gene for clarifying my selection.

"Bruce Lee as an icon of strength and power, really?" Yes really. His achievements speak for themselves as delineated in the 2009 History Channel documentary "How Bruce Lee Changed the World". His training methodologies were unique and innovative even going so far, as using a TENs machine for muscle stimulation and recovery. Lee had ordered a dumbbell and barbell set from Joe Weider [who had the actual order request from Bruce!] back in the day way before bodybuilding was in vogue for the common man/MMA. Mike Mentzer writes in the introduction to the article "Warm Marble" the Lethal Physique of Bruce Lee", by John Little "Even such a personage as Joe Weider remarked on the outstanding muscular refinement and definition of Lee's physique, especially the master abs. As Mr. Little also explains, Bruce Lee's physique had a remarkable influence on some of today's top physique champs. Bodybuilding luminaries, including Lou Ferrigno, Lee Haney, Dorian Yates, Rachel Mclish, Lenda Murry, Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray have all spoken on record concerning the enormous impact the physique of Bruce Lee had on them."

As a kid growing up in the 60's and a teenager in the 70's, yes I was/am still a big Bruce Lee fan. I think Jeff's Video on Bruce Lee is pretty cool and clever that any die hard Bruce Lee fan would appreciate. Thats why I posted it.

I checked out and liked Joe DeFranco's website, he presents lots of good training tips as well. However before any reader here discounts Athlean X because of it's "bling" it would be prudent to note that Jeff Cavaliere's credentials are solid. Amongst other things he served as the head physical therapist and assistant strength coach for some pro baseballers called The NY Mets in their 2006, 2007 and 2008 seasons.
    Assistant strength coach in a sport known to be neither particularly taxing on strength or the metabolic systems isnt a great advert really, being the head therapist means ID listen to his ideas on injury prevention but before forking out for a strength programme by him I'd check out guys that have actually trained strength athletes like DeFranco and Rooney and who have put out free comprehensive programmes . I still don't see the correlation between Lee as a strength and power athlete and you talking about bodybuilders who have mentioned him as being an influence?

There are different sports and training regimes and whilst many might have thought he had a good physic I don't know anyone that thought he was strong or uses his methods for strength and power development??