Thread: Iron Palm in an Apartment

Iron Palm in an Apartment

Do any of you folks have experience in training iron palm in an upstairs apartment? Our soundproofing is pretty good, and I've been told that if the "table" (I was gonna use cinderblocks) is stable there should be no problem, but I'm wondering if any of you have any hints.

Greetings,

I have used a stack consisting of blister packs of telephone books as a foundation. The striking material was covered with a towel or wash cloth. You can also have the foundation placed upon a small rug. This should minimize floor shock and noise to a great degree. The towel on top of the striking material minimizes the shock coming back into the hand.

There is a small price for this info.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 04-28-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I have used a stack consisting of blister packs of telephone books as a foundation. The striking material was covered with a towel or wash cloth. You can also have the foundation placed upon a small rug. This should minimize floor shock and noise to a great degree. The towel on top of the striking material minimizes the shock coming back into the hand.

There is a small price for this info.

mickey
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Thanks!

Forgot something,

The towel or wash cloth need not be thick or it defeats the purpose of the training. A towel folded once is good.

There was a time when palm bags had leather sewn over the canvas.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 04-29-2016 at 08:01 AM.