Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The breathing and The application concept of Siu Lin tau

Watch it only if one interested in ordinary human biomechanics

http://youtu.be/Z0ikEQR6ALo

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    It is clearly point out in my YouTube that
    There is nothing clear about your youtube videos. They are incredibly confusing.

Externally train the seven bows with spine handling
    Don't know what any of these terms mean

and the tendon group from the heel up to the back of neck.
    Again no idea what you are referring to

Other wise, one has no basic handling of physical or externally train the tendon and bone.
    This doesn't even scan in English. No idea what you are trying to say here.

2, Internally train the breathing where one needs to be able to breath naturally and deep.
    I need to breathe deeply. Got it. Why?

If ones yjkym never do the above , it is not going to develop even the most fundamental basic and support proper activity in tcma
    No logical coherence between points and conclusion. No explanation provided.

but mimic posture or it is a religious ritual which develop nothing to satisfy martial art activity.
    You seem bitter at someone. But who? And why?

As above, there are many who keep try to pick on me with anything they can imagine just try to discredit me. That is the goal which got nothing to do with the topic. But their ego boosting which is a wasting of time.
    Again you seem bitter about some unspecified offence

It js ridiculous to not train the above as listed in the yjkym but keep imagine

As for these back sit driver people, it is just back sit driver
    Incoherent, making no sense

It is obviously not about my communication but someone in their defensive mentality that is the problem
    Actually it is. I genuinely have no idea what yu are trying to tell me. Every effort makes it less easy to understand.

These people can't face reality and keep wanting to defend themselves or their lineages, and not capable to discuss what is technicalk6 obvious which they missed
    Incoherent rambling. Persecution complex.

Ask expert like sifu John who know who, are these above I listed reasonable the basic one needs to develop just be able one to move or handle ones body . Without these development what do one train at all?
    John seems to be someone that has no idea about VT. Not sure how he can help us all understand VT.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    John seems to be someone that has no idea about VT.
    You are right! I have no idea what VT is (Virginia Tech? voltage transformer? Vanguard Total?). I have only learned "詠春(WC) - Wing Chun".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-03-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post

John seems to be someone that has no idea about VT. Not sure how he can help us all understand VT.

I have no idea what VT you keep talking about.

Sorry, your VT cannot over write human biology and biomechanics.

And John doesn't have to know your VT. It is plain human biology and biomechanics. John has coach enough to know better then most what is the reality of human biomechanics in martial art

John

This is the bottom line basic

Blog Entries
    John

This is the bottom line basic

After watching your clip. I agree that by staying in YJKYM (or any stance) and just move your arm make no sense at all. It's like you are doing the bench pressing that only train "your arm - muscle group isolation". IMO, it's better to do free weight that you train "body unification" instead. The explosive power should come from your whole body, starting from the bottom of your feet. I also don't believe YJKYM can help you to achieve your goal - body unification.

The 1st day that I learned the WC 1st form SLT, I asked about the "body unification" vs. "muscle group isolation" training concern. I didn't get a good answer. That was over 43 years ago.

Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-03-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    After watching your clip. I agree that by staying in YJKYM (or any stance) and just move your arm make no sense at all. It's like you are doing the bench pressing that only train "your arm - muscle group isolation". IMO, it's better to do free weight that you train "body unification" instead. The explosive power should come from your whole body, starting from the bottom of your feet. I also don't believe YJKYM can help you to achieve your goal - body unification.

The 1st day that I learned the WC 1st form SLT, I asked about the "body unification" vs. "muscle group isolation" training concern. I didn't get a good answer. That was over 43 years ago.

John,

It has been too long that people keep speculate and not facing reality. And keep adding mind power, internal ...etc but ignoring even the very basic

I am presenting the facts so the case can be resolved otherwise it is a mess and living in fantasy ignoring the human basic. wcners doesn't have another 65 years to screw around to get laugh by the mma pro
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-03-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    ignoring even the very basic ...
    Agree that "basic" has nothing to do with MA style. If we can all agree on this assumption, the discussion will make sense. Otherwise when someone said, "This is not WC." The discussion will end right there.

One day I asked a body builder to train this drill. As strong as he was, he could not do it. The "body unification" does not come with our birth. It require "training".

Agree that "basic" has nothing to do with MA style. If we can all agree on this assumption, the discussion will make sense. Otherwise when someone said, "This is not WC." The discussion will end right there.

One day I asked a body builder to train this drill. As strong as he was, he could not do it. The "body unification" does not come with our birth. It require "training".

Agree on the training. It is insane to go out of reality and live in fantasy.

Agree on the body builder case. Without the training one can't do it. One can't do it mean one cannot handle momentum.

Fighting is an exchange of momentum. Disregard of what style. Wake up time for many wcners.

There is no assumption here but reality. One can argue ' this is not wc' as they want and just ignore him to let him live in his fantasy world
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-03-2016 at 10:15 PM.

If fighting is just "exchange of momentum", then just let's all study the sweet science of boxing. Boxers are great exchangers of momentum and their body mechanics have been thoroughly researched.

It doesn't seem you were taught properly then...

What you and Hendrik are both missing is that there is a development process to go through in training Wing Chun.

In a bench press analogy, it is like first learning the proper form with an unloaded bar. If you've never done the bench press before and you load up three plates, you will be crushed beneath it.

Of course you must add resistance to train the line of force, and increase pressure to strengthen it, but slowly as your body learns the proper mechanics.

You know the concept of Progressive Overload in resistance training, where you incrementally increase resistance (weight on the bar)? Wing Chun development is the same way.

Wing Chun movements are not part of our natural everyday habits. If you go straight to punching the wall bag or exchanging force in pun-sau without learning "unloaded" structure first, your alignment will be off, you won't be able to send or receive force along the correct lines.

As you say, we're not born with it. It needs to be trained. Well, it is detrimental to your training to skip stages.

YJKYM, opening the training stance, is the very first step in the system, and Hendrik wants to do away with it because he does not understand its purpose at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

What you and Hendrik are both missing is that there is a development process to go through in training Wing Chun.

In a bench press analogy, it is like first learning the proper form with an unloaded bar. If you've never done the bench press before and you load up three plates, you will be crushed beneath it.

Of course you must add resistance to train the line of force, and increase pressure to strengthen it, but slowly as your body learns the proper mechanics.

You know the concept of Progressive Overload in resistance training, where you incrementally increase resistance (weight on the bar)? Wing Chun development is the same way.

Wing Chun movements are not part of our natural everyday habits. If you go straight to punching the wall bag or exchanging force in pun-sau without learning "unloaded" structure first, your alignment will be off, you won't be able to send or receive force along the correct lines.

As you say, we're not born with it. It needs to be trained. Well, it is detrimental to your training to skip stages.

YJKYM, opening the training stance, is the very first step in the system, and Hendrik wants to do away with it because he does not understand its purpose at all.

Excellent post. Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    If fighting is just "exchange of momentum", then just let's all study the sweet science of boxing. Boxers are great exchangers of momentum and their body mechanics have been thoroughly researched.

Make sure you can take these momentum
    http://youtu.be/QSszWZBVHdo

Instead of Fantasy this

http://youtu.be/x9ZRjIiNzhM

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

All great speculation, too bad you don't define wing Chun and you have no idea what is yjkym.

As describe in my video above The classical common denominator text of older wing Chun lineages describe yjkym function as

拑阳落劲 sink force flow with clamping yang
    力從地起 force raise from ground

It is clearly based on capability of body unification. You can keep your blind speculation for yourself.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-04-2016 at 04:25 AM.

Make sure you can take these momentum
    http://youtu.be/QSszWZBVHdo
    Why are you showing me Karate techniques? I know that Karate is awesome.

Again, if fighting is all about exchange of momentum, then why not train boxing?