Thread: Ginger

Ginger

How embarrassing. No thread here on one of my favorite medicinal foods. Well, here's a starter then.

FOOD PRICE Ginger prices have dropped from 8 Yuan to 0.80 Yuan
    80% ginger price drop in China in one year
    Thursday May 5, 2016 2:25AM ET

Contrary to onion and garlic prices, Chinese ginger prices have fallen sharply this year.

Anqiu, in Shandong province, is one of the biggest ginger producing regions in China. Ginger prices have dropped from 6 to 8 Yuan per kilogram (around €1) last year, to only 0.60 to 0.80 Yuan per kilogram this year. On the current market, many ginger growers are facing losses.

Ginger is the main traded product at the Shengda Agricultural Products Trade Market located in Anqiu city.

From that market the ginger is sold across China. In 2015, sales volumes reached over 600 tons per day. Currently, daily volumes do not surpass 300 tons.

Causes of the prices decline are a worsening economic climate in China. This has affected the catering industry, which is a large consumer of ginger.

In addition, in the second half of 2013 and in 2014 the ginger market price increased significantly. In 2015 ginger production ballooned.

When this new ginger arrived on the market in the autumn of 2015, the price started to collapse. Currently, both domestic and export ginger prices have declined significantly.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gotta try these...

Don’t try to fight tasty new Ninja Ginger chips
    | 9:47 a.m. May 18, 2016

Ninja Ginger chips from Deep River Snacks. Deep River Snacks

The pick: Ninja Ginger chips from Deep River Snacks

Why it rates: Deep River’s newest flavor packs a tasty punch of ginger, chili pepper and cilantro. The kettle potato chips are cooked in small batches using sunflower oil. All varieties are gluten free and contain no GMO ingredients. Along with the original salted variety, the company’s other kettle chip varieties include Aged Cheddar Horseradish, New York Spicy Dill Pickle, Sweet Maui Onion and Jesty Jalapeño. And 10 percent of all profits are donated to charity.

Info: Two-ounce bags of the chips are sold at the Deli Lama, 3702 Fifth Ave., and in the deli section of area Ralphs stores for 99¢. Sam’s Club sells 22-ounce bags for $5.48. Gelson’s and Bristol Farms stores sell other varieties of Deep River Snacks. You can also order the chips online at Amazon.com.
    I love ninjas. I love ginger. I love chips. I wonder how they would be with nacho sauce?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It would taste like a culture clash. Although, ginger rules ! I would dip them in plum sauce, though. heh-heh.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 05-23-2016 at 09:22 AM.