Thread: So im thinking....

So im thinking....

The forum, after many years, is pretty much dead

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

Thoughts?
    Yup. Seems that way. Some have moved over to another forum...which is very lively and has plenty of daily activity.

Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    Yup. Seems that way. Some have moved over to another forum...which is very lively and has plenty of daily activity.
    Yes but a couple of self impressed dogmatist from here clog up discussions there. But you are right it has more life.

This is NOT a WC only discussion forum and while there were times that the WC forum took up MOST of the discussions going on, they were never really productive as much as full of drama.
    It saddens me to an extent that all the posters prefered to go elsewhere to continue the drama rather than fix the problems but, such is life.
    Heck, we still have hendrick *shoots himself in head*
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Thoughts?
    Try martial talk forums

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This is NOT a WC only discussion forum and while there were times that the WC forum took up MOST of the discussions going on, they were never really productive as much as full of drama.
    It saddens me to an extent that all the posters prefered to go elsewhere to continue the drama rather than fix the problems but, such is life.
    Heck, we still have hendrick *shoots himself in head*
    I meant the WC forum was dead..... not the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Try martial talk forums
    To be honest, personally, ive lost interest in forums in general
    Any information i want (outside of training) pretty much on youtube, google etc and, in regards to WC, pretty much everything has been said already

I really only come past here for bit of a laugh, at Hendrik mainly, and to touch base with some of the old members that seem to have moved on anyway (anerlich where are you?!?!)

Never been that much of a poster, though love a heated debate, but all the same its sad to see this forum taking its last breath

GlennR

Thoughts?
    Sounds like you need a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Chi View Post
    Sounds like you need a hug.
    I think the forum needs a hug more! lol

Any information i want (outside of training) pretty much on youtube, google etc and, in regards to WC, pretty much everything has been said already

I really only come past here for bit of a laugh, at Hendrik mainly, and to touch base with some of the old members that seem to have moved on anyway (anerlich where are you?!?!)

Never been that much of a poster, though love a heated debate, but all the same its sad to see this forum taking its last breath

GlennR
    I'm sure many of them are there on Martial talk. Hendrick almost certainly lurking there, and although I haven't seen the broken chinglish posting, that may just have been an affectation.

Certainly lots of knowledge about past goings on here from people with names I don't recognise there. Loads of stupid arguments and trolls. Pretty standard wing chun forum!

Hendrik makes Youtube videos about "friends asking him questions recently" that just happen to be current topics on that forum. But he can't post on it since he was banned, so he goes to Youtube with his "friends' questions". He's obviously lurking there.

Certainly lots of knowledge about past goings on here from people with names I don't recognise there.
    And they won't say who they are because they are likely only a couple people using multiple accounts.

GlennR
    Hey Glenn!

I spend most of my online time on Facebook these days. Get more of a mix of stuff there. I train and teach BJJ mostly these days, though I'm still doing my WC forms most days (did some this morning).

I follow a few Wnig Chun people who invited me to their groups, like Phil Redmond, Suki Gosal and Kenton Sefcik (hope I spelled Kenton's surname right

I think things changed for me after the final hypefest when Hendrik hooked up with the Snake/Crane guys and then it all came down in a heap of vituperation Humpty Dumpty style.

Frankly, I think most topics have been done to death, been resurrected, and done to death again, several dozen times over.

Andrew Nerlich on Facebook if anyone wants to stay in touch.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Hey Glenn!

I spend most of my online time on Facebook these days. Get more of a mix of stuff there. I train and teach BJJ mostly these days, though I'm still doing my WC forms most days (did some this morning).

I follow a few Wnig Chun people who invited me to their groups, like Phil Redmond, Suki Gosal and Kenton Sefcik (hope I spelled Kenton's surname right

I think things changed for me after the final hypefest when Hendrik hooked up with the Snake/Crane guys and then it all came down in a heap of vituperation Humpty Dumpty style.

Frankly, I think most topics have been done to death, been resurrected, and done to death again, several dozen times over.

Andrew Nerlich on Facebook if anyone wants to stay in touch.
    Hey Andrew!
    Thanks for the reply!
    Im much the same.
    I just box now and train people at the University, great fun, hoping to get a team of 7-8 for the State Titles in Sept.

Havent even done a WC form for a few years id think.

Ill say g'day on Facebook

I think the forum needs a hug more! lol
    OMG! Hendrick is leaving, you better give him a hug. He may not be back for a day or two.