Thread: Acupuncture quickens fatigue recovery

Acupuncture quickens fatigue recovery

This study found significant changes in the recovery times of athletes receiving acupuncture, measuring the recovery rate of metabolic changes due strenuous exercise.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26442121 - free full text available from this URL

Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:508302. doi: 10.1155/2015/508302. Epub 2015 Sep 9.

The Intervention Effects of Acupuncture on Fatigue Induced by Exhaustive Physical Exercises: A Metabolomics Investigation.

Ma H, Liu X, Wu Y, Zhang N.

Abstract

In this study, the antifatigue effects of acupuncture had been investigated at the metabolic level on the young male athletes with exhaustive physical exercises. After a series of exhaustive physical exercises and a short-term rest, the athletes either were treated with needling acupuncture on selected acupoints (TA group) or enjoyed an extended rest (TR group). NMR-based metabolomics analysis was then applied to depict the metabolic profiles of urine samples, which were collected from the athletes at three time points including the time before exercises, the time before and after the treatment of acupuncture, or taking the extended rest. The results from multivariate statistical analysis indicated that the recoveries of disturbed metabolites in the athletes treated with acupuncture were significantly faster than in those only taking rest. After the treatment with acupuncture, the levels of distinguished metabolites, 2-hydroxybutyrate, 3-hydroxyisovalerate, lactate, pyruvate, citrate, dimethylglycine, choline, glycine, hippurate, and hypoxanthine were recovered at an accelerated speed in the TA group in comparison with the TR group. The above-mentioned results indicated that the acupuncture treatment ameliorated fatigue by backregulating the perturbed energy metabolism, choline metabolism, and attenuating the ROS-induced stress at an accelerated speed, which demonstrated that acupuncture could serve as an alternative fatigue-relieving approach

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox View Post
    This study found significant changes in the recovery times of athletes receiving acupuncture, measuring the recovery rate of metabolic changes due strenuous exercise.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26442121 - free full text available from this URL
    Serious question. Did you actually read the paper? And more importantly, do you actually understand the analysis they are attempting to describe?

I most certainly did and do.

What "flaws" did you find this time SoCoKungFu?

I most certainly did and do.

What "flaws" did you find this time SoCoKungFu?
    So how about you go back then and figure out what very standard (and pretty important) things they have curiously chosen not to report.

Why don't you answer the question SoCo KF?

Why don't you answer the question SoCo KF?
    Because it makes no sense for me to give you the answers on your test. But hey, now we've confirmed they teach you **** all for experimental design and analysis.

Whatever, dude. There is no test. Only imagined in your mind.