Thread: Siu Lim Tao - full meaning

Siu Lim Tao - full meaning

I would like present the full meaning of Siu Nim Tao form which came after 24 years of active practicing of Wing Chun . I am grateful to all my teacher for time and effort they invested in me , especially to my teacher and friend Sifu Wayne Yung .

http://penglaimartialarts.blogspot.t...u-nim-tao.html

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    I would like present the full meaning of Siu Nim Tao form which came after 24 years of active practicing of Wing Chun . I am grateful to all my teacher for time and effort they invested in me , especially to my teacher and friend Sifu Wayne Yung .

http://penglaimartialarts.blogspot.t...u-nim-tao.html
    Original name of form is Siu Lim Tau, Yip Man changed it to Siu Nim Tau. So any Wing Chun branch that claims Siu Nim Tau is more modern. Also Leung Jan is the only verifiable individual to pass on the 3 forms, supposedly developed by Wong Wah Bo. Any branch that passes on the 3 forms as method of transmission has Wong Wah Bo as an ancestor. Snake Crane doesn't acknowledge Wong Wah Bo as an ancestor. Yuen Kay San & Yip Man passed on 3 forms, their oral history & lineages acknowledge Wong Wah Bo. Snake crane is same as Yuen Kay San branch just modified and gives credit to family ancestors instead of one's who actually taught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Chi View Post
    Original name of form is Siu Lim Tau, Yip Man changed it to Siu Nim Tau. So any Wing Chun branch that claims Siu Nim Tau is more modern. Also Leung Jan is the only verifiable individual to pass on the 3 forms, supposedly developed by Wong Wah Bo. Any branch that passes on the 3 forms as method of transmission has Wong Wah Bo as an ancestor. Snake Crane doesn't acknowledge Wong Wah Bo as an ancestor. Yuen Kay San & Yip Man passed on 3 forms, their oral history & lineages acknowledge Wong Wah Bo. Snake crane is same as Yuen Kay San branch just modified and gives credit to family ancestors instead of one's who actually taught it.
    Actually Yuen Kai San brunch has no connection to Leung Jan - Wong Wah Bo lineage . Similarities between SCWC and YKS are superficial , movements may look very similar but body structure and power generation are very different .It is not true that SCWC does not acknowledge Wong Wah Bo as an ancestor , it does , just not as an SCWC ancestor . Wong Wah Bo was not a person who divided long SLT set into 3 forms , he was just one of the ancestors who may participated in the process or got already finished material . Leung Jan prior to WCK training practiced some other arts ,like snake style , and today we do not know what he taught in Foshan . He also learned the 3 forms version and long SLT set version from his teachers . I know it is not easy to accept other versions of history as possible after knowing and believing in one version that was predominant , actually the only one for such a long time , like Yip Man's version of history. but as new evidence surface people should keep their minds open . The truth is , we cannot give any definitive conclusion regarding WCK history because professional research was never done, especially about the time before 1911 . I hope upcoming book from Foshan Wushu museum will shed more light on the mater , that would be the first book about WCK history published after a professional research conducted by a professional historian . I am sure that book will give the answer to all the questions , but I hope it will resolve at least some.

Actually Yuen Kai San brunch has no connection to Leung Jan - Wong Wah Bo lineage . Similarities between SCWC and YKS are superficial , movements may look very similar but body structure and power generation are very different .It is not true that SCWC does not acknowledge Wong Wah Bo as an ancestor , it does , just not as an SCWC ancestor . Wong Wah Bo was not a person who divided long SLT set into 3 forms , he was just one of the ancestors who may participated in the process or got already finished material . Leung Jan prior to WCK training practiced some other arts ,like snake style , and today we do not know what he taught in Foshan . He also learned the 3 forms version and long SLT set version from his teachers . I know it is not easy to accept other versions of history as possible after knowing and believing in one version that was predominant , actually the only one for such a long time , like Yip Man's version of history. but as new evidence surface people should keep their minds open . The truth is , we cannot give any definitive conclusion regarding WCK history because professional research was never done, especially about the time before 1911 . I hope upcoming book from Foshan Wushu museum will shed more light on the mater , that would be the first book about WCK history published after a professional research conducted by a professional historian . I am sure that book will give the answer to all the questions , but I hope it will resolve at least some.
    Someone drank the kool-aid.

LT, LS & WC Yip Man branches, Snake Crane branch, Yik Kam branch & Hendrik Santos & co. Give all of Wing Chun a bad name with all the petty fighting & mud slinging. All proclaim to have the real historical truth & special sauce. Most ancient this & that blah, blah, blah.

Truth is, it's just dirty river boat prostitute boxing, not some grand marvelous system passed on by the gods. Better off to learn western boxing instead of standing pigeon toed like you're trying to hold back a loose bowel movement while flapping your arms.

LT, LS & WC Yip Man branches, Snake Crane branch, Yik Kam branch & Hendrik Santos & co. Give all of Wing Chun a bad name with all the petty fighting & mud slinging. All proclaim to have the real historical truth & special sauce. Most ancient this & that blah, blah, blah.

Truth is, it's just dirty river boat prostitute boxing, not some grand marvelous system passed on by the gods. Better off to learn western boxing instead of standing pigeon toed like you're trying to hold back a loose bowel movement while flapping your arms.
    I agree with you on many points, only couple of things you got wrong, SCWC have no definitive claims on aything. We can be certain about history from 1890 , because we have documents and artifacts to prove that, before that time there are only legends and we are clear about that, we can guess pretty well but we cannot be sure. One more thing, we only research our own history ,not others and we do not claim our system is the best, only original or whatever, that is what some of the others do. You are right about boxing as well, but there is a problem , boxing kills brain cells and some of us use brain for work .In some cases prostitutes can have divine influence on some people , sexual frustration causes problems in social interaction in its most benign form or if it is too strong it lead to much serious problems .
    Last edited by zuti car; 06-21-2016 at 03:27 AM.

I agree with you on many points, only couple of things you got wrong, SCWC have no definitive claims on aything. We can be certain about history from 1890 , because we have documents and artifacts to prove that, before that time there are only legends and we are clear about that, we can guess pretty well but we cannot be sure. One more thing, we only research our own history ,not others and we do not claim our system is the best, only original or whatever, that is what some of the others do. You are right about boxing as well, but there is a problem , boxing kills brain cells and some of us use brain for work .In some cases prostitutes can have divine influence on some people , sexual frustration causes problems in social interaction in its most benign form or if it is too strong it lead to much serious problems .
    This was a very well thought out response. You did not become emotional & lash out. That is appreciated, thank you. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and that your Mun will find peace with its rivals.

Truth is, what you have just stated is far from any truth; there is a historical reality where WingChun style Kungfu developed even though it has been clouded over by dark times in China's past. All these notable lineage branches have their place in history as do all the other styles and their lineages. Wing Chun / Weng Chun / Yong Chun rivalries have been going on for many generations, even during Leung Jan's day.

This was a very well thought out response. You did not become emotional & lash out. That is appreciated, thank you. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and that your Mun will find peace with its rivals.
    We don't have rivals , just people who want to profit on SCWC name one way or another, but that we cannot avoid

Truth is, it's just dirty river boat prostitute boxing
    Woo hoo! I want me some of that, bro
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Woo hoo! I want me some of that, bro
    You sure? If so it'll be $22.50 + you have to bring your own lube. Hendrick has a lot of sand in his vagina. On plus side you can choose any color wig you want & padded bra size.

You sure? If so it'll be $22.50 + you have to bring your own lube. Hendrick has a lot of sand in his vagina. On plus side you can choose any color wig you want & padded bra size.
    Still cheaper than paying $88.88 for Hendrik's book.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Still cheaper than paying $88.88 for Hendrik's book.
    Sad thing is, he spent years collecting all kinds of historical data. If he focused on just collecting historical evidence instead of constructing his yik kam scam he would probably desrve a place in WCK history he wants so much

Hendrick also could have taught cho family wing chun to the public and opened schools and became famouse and made lots of money teaching Cho family wing chun to people in the west .