Thread: Chinese weights and Harry Wongs Dynamic Tension exercises ?

Chinese weights and Harry Wongs Dynamic Tension exercises ?

Is Harry wongs Dynamic Tension exercises in his book all from Chinese sources ? I herd harry learned these exercises from his San Sao kung fu sifu are there any other books on these type of exercises ? What books are there on Chinese weight lifting ?

Greetings Firehawk4,

According to the supplied link, Harry Wong learned these exercises from his Sifu.

http://americansansoo.net/Forum3/vie....php?f=5&t=258

I do not know if it is the complete set because I remember seeing a photo of the late Grandmaster Jimmy H. Woo in a full out tension posture in Inside Kung Fu that was not shown in the book by Harry Wong; but, it was shown in the book, "Kung Fu, The Way of Life" along with a few other isometric postures that may or may not be part of the set that Harry Wong learned.

mickey

Hi

I will get that book by Sifu Wong , I have been practicing Harry Wongs Dynamic Tension exercises since 1983 but some of it is hard to tell what he is doing so I hope I have been doing it right .

Greetings Firehawk4,

You may want to look at the book before you buy. The posture was one where both hands were fist clenched and there was a full static contraction. "Kung fu, The Way of Life" came into being as a result of articles published in IKF by Sigung Douglas L. Wong. (Note, I have been told that Douglas Wong, Harry Wong as well as the publisher of IKF, Curtis Wong, are brothers). I never did possess the entire set of IKF. There may have been an article about it. Maybe someone can post it up and give you a view or provide you with the volume/issue numbers. Interestingly, the model for that section of Sigung Wong's book was Harry Wong.

There was a video/dvd of Dynamic Strength that pops up every now and then. I have yet to get my claws on it.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-28-2016 at 01:20 PM.

hi

I will see if I can find the book online to look at it , Harry wongs video of his dynamic tension goes for $500 or even $1000 dollars .

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    I will see if I can find the book online to look at it , Harry wongs video of his dynamic tension goes for $500 or even $1000 dollars .
    Jimmy Woo doing dynamic tension

sorry go to 1:57

Greetings,

Here is the documentary on Hai Deng.

There are weight lifting methods shown at @3:00 and at @ 1:13:39.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s1DNy_Hu2I

Enjoy,

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 08-29-2016 at 06:58 PM.