Thread: Kwong Wing Lam Sigung: Duan Da (Bak Sil Lum 6)

Kwong Wing Lam Sigung: Duan Da (Bak Sil Lum 6)

Greetings,

I accidentally stumbled upon this and I really enjoyed it. The footage looks to be much older than the videos put forth by Wing Lam Enterprises or Woo Tchi Nyu. I do remember being told that there was a set of Bal Sil Lum videos made for Kwong Wing Lam Sigung for his instructors before the instructional videos came out. Maybe this is from that set; or, maybe several sets were made over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wduOkMMs2nM

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 08-01-2016 at 07:07 PM.

That is "Tun da". Or "Short strike" in english. and it is the #6 set in the core ten. yes.
    Wing Lam is young there, so that's from earlier on for sure.

gene probably knows a lot about the video production and stuff over at wing lam. I think he was involved in a lot of it
    before taking the reins on this place.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

That was good. Hypnotizing.

Awesome find Mickey, so much more vibrant in this video than his later ones. Maximum Respect to him!

There were three vids of BSL #6 by Sifu Wing Lam

You are right mickey. My original Sifu did videos from BSL#6 with his own company WLE (I worked on that one - that was one of the first) and with Woo Tchi Nyu a decade earlier. He also did an independent one that was earlier than both of those, produced by some of my Sihing. They had aspirations of making a video production company back when home video was just starting, but if memory serves, they only did #6 and maybe a few other vids. I think this video is from that. Not sure tho. I only saw that vid a few times a long time ago. In fact, I didn't even know about it until years later, when it popped up while working for WLE. The production quality was actually pretty good for those days, if memory serves.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart