Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: TCMA Survival

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Some people don't need much excuse to skip class or training.

Sometimes our teacher would say, "Next week is Xmas/Thanksgiving/New Year. Do you still want to come to the park?"

We always said yes.

On the days that it rained, some students would stand under the trees. A few of us just kept training in the rain.

One year, the San Francisco Examiner newspaper wrote an article about things people do on Super Bowl Sunday instead of watching football. They mentioned practicing kung fu at Golden Gate Park, and showed a picture of the Panhandle.
    One time in Taiwan I went to Mantis class at the park one morning. Traffic was light for Taipei, few people were out and the bus was nearly empty, and as I got there, it was starting to get windy and rainy. VERY windy and rainy. I started doing some stance work when I realized NOBODY else was around. As it got worse, I had to walk the 3 miles or so home; there were almost no more vehicles on the road. It was a typhoon bearing down on Taiwan. Of course, I'd been aware that one was coming for a couple-few days, but had somehow forgotten(!). I finally made it back soaking wet, and was fortunate enough not to get hit by any flying debris.

I suppose I could exaggerate and say I used my kung fu to survive a typhoon. But in actuality, I got caught in a typhoon for the sake of kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    REALITY CHECK: all TCMA can be mastered in 6 months. aint nobody got time to be milked for decades by some weird hippy nerd.

REALITY CHECK: TCMA is not a popularity contest. if you wanna be popular you chose the wrong fukin hobby
    A person can definitely become highly functional in a CMA in 6 months, if he/she is trained/trains for functionality. I wouldn't say they could 'master' it in 6 months. The same as a person cannot master boxing, wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, etc., in 6 months, but they can become highly effective in that time frame IF they train correctly, consistently, and have the potential within them to excel.

Being a CMAist has nothing at all to do with popularity. If someone wants to get that from MA, they are better off going into something more in vogue. Along with partner training, CMA require a greater amount of interest and self-motivation on the part of the individual than many (most?) other categories of MA. The hard fact is that few people have those innate qualities for CMA, so its survival will never be about numbers. And that's OK, too.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 10-22-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Greetings,

Since this thread is about TCMA survival I will not debate with bawang about mastery within the time frame he offered. It would be of benefit to all of us concerned with TCMA survival t. take what he has said seriously.

bawang, please show us your six month schedule/plan/template that will allow one to master CMA.

Thank you,

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Since this thread is about TCMA survival I will not debate with bawang about mastery within the time frame he offered. It would be of benefit to all of us concerned with TCMA survival t. take what he has said seriously.

bawang, please show us your six month schedule/plan/template that will allow one to master CMA.

Thank you,

mickey
    Body hitting bag hitting errday lift weights erreday force feed 5 meals a day plus one special exercise plus sparring plus form 5 min a day EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY r u brave 2 tray

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Body hitting bag hitting errday lift weights erreday force feed 5 meals a day plus one special exercise plus sparring plus form 5 min a day EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY r u brave 2 tray
    That might work if the teacher also constantly beats the **** out of you to correct all the mistakes you will be making.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    That might work if the teacher also constantly beats the **** out of you to correct all the mistakes you will be making.
    This is high school football level of intensity. It's not student responsibility to get strong tuff it's duty of the teacher to beat iron into steel. Student reflect the teacher
    Ur students make mistake because too many form not enough muscles. Remove every form except seven star stance
    Last edited by bawang; 10-23-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Okay bawang,

You have been teaching for a while. How many masters have you produced?

mickey

Your autism shoots thru screen like knife they butter. U master kungfu but there is no master. Master denotes the existence of SLAVE. I help many ppl improve as comrades. Right now 2 Taichi instructors
    With the way u guys talk thru the years u shud shoot lightning thru ur hands. After so long still feeble frail, life waste that's fine but don't waste life if others of ur students. Life is short Time theft is evil crime
    Last edited by bawang; 10-23-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Your autism shoots thru screen like knife they butter. U master kungfu but there is no master. Master denotes the existence of SLAVE. I help many ppl improve as comrades. Right now 2 Taichi instructors
    With the way u guys talk thru the years u shud shoot lightning thru ur hands. After so long still feeble frail, life waste that's fine but don't waste life if others of ur students. Life is short Time theft is evil crime
    With your 6 month method, over the years of teaching, you only produced two instructors? So much for your 6 month method. I started this thread with serious concern for TCMA. Circus acts like you endanger it. Take your trolling elsewhere, please.

I have to go and kick myself for taking you seriously.

mickey

With your 6 month method, over the years of teaching, you only produced two instructors? So much for your 6 month method. I started this thread with serious concern for TCMA. Circus acts like you endanger it. Take your trolling elsewhere, please.

I have to go and kick myself for taking you seriously.

mickey
    Quality over quantity

A herd of pigs does not make a dragon

I don't charge money or act like guru so if someone doesn't train I say you do this yes or no. If no or lie I tell them fuk off
    I make a bet. U upload ur doing a **** form right now. I will upload after. I have not done form for 6 yrs
    Last edited by bawang; 10-23-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Greetings,

bawang, you made the statement of what can be done in 6 months. A six month master of Taiji? It truly is the end of the world. Notice, I did not say anything about Long fist. Do you have 6 month Long Fist masters?

When it comes to serious training, I agree with you. I completely disagree with your time frame to mastery.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 10-23-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Greetings,

bawang, you made the statement of what can be done in 6 months. A six month master of Taiji? It truly is the end of the world. Notice, I did not say anything about Long fist. Do you have 6 month Long Fist masters?

When it comes to serious training, I agree with you. I completely disagree with your time frame to mastery.

mickey
    Show me your form or a student of yours right now

Greetings bawang,

There is nothing for me to prove to you. You fell on the sword of your own words. And I was not hoping for that.

mickey

you have no qualifications for teaching people and you are talking about teaching. so post a video of your form. you refuse because of shame and embarrassment because you are not good. END OF

I am moving on from interacting with you, bawang. There is no excitement in watching you bleed.

mickey