Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TCMA Survival

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLau View Post
    One way to help TCMA to survive is simplify it. To quote from an article written by a local sifu, he said its best to learn the simplified version first. If the student is still interested after that, and would like to advance their knowledge and skill of the style further, go for the traditional version.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong
    kung fu was never complex. hong kong down syndrome kung fu mangled it up and made fake complex and sold it as the premise for superiority of chinese martial arts over all others. the moment u turn back on ur gimmick to show the original real kung fu u smash ur rice bowl. its over. time to die (metaphorically)

luckily wombat combat is immune from such folly and tomfoolery
    Last edited by bawang; 08-30-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    Do you mean learn san sao or san sik versions of Kung Fu ?
    Firehawk4, I am not sure what you mean. But what I mean by simplified MA are versions that are available in the martial art world such as Simplified Karate, Simplified Southern Fist, Simplified Tai Chi, etc.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

Soaring Rent, Sinking Times

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016...-master768.jpg

He had to shut his studio when his rent soared.
    :
    Hmm Same thing happening there as in BC? Chinese investors driving up market prices making housing very costly and unaffordable for many. A Pity, I was thinking of buying an apt there.
    A pose from Hun Gar, yeah I like that pose from one of my old forms , get the energy tremor in the finger and then explode.
    I'm keeping my eye on Europe to see what will happen to private martial arts in the West, Heh, after pioneers have taken MA out of obscurity and erosion back to America, we may have to take it back to Asia to preserve it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "顺其自然"

dat white savior complex

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    dat white savior complex
    lol
    All KungFus matter.
    "顺其自然"

One way to help TCMA to survive is simplify it. To quote from an article written by a local sifu, he said its best to learn the simplified version first. If the student is still interested after that, and would like to advance their knowledge and skill of the style further, go for the traditional version.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong
    One way of simplifying is removing the layers of excess that accumulate in a system over a few generations. People add forms and drills from other styles, invent their own, systems become bloated and deal more with memorizing and retaining than actual function.

If a system was a legitimate fighting system it will be based on core principals that will probably be universal to all real fighting systems. From there you focus on the aspects that make it unique, or give it it's flavor...the theory and application of the methods. There is no need to pass on every thing you learned, or retain everything you were taught.....if you get to the bones of an art, you have much more than would by collecting and expanding a system.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Learning the basics of the basics

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong
    An article in English? Who was that?

Basic Kungfu is simplified kungfu, but simplified kungfu is not basic kungfu.
    Basic kungfu, the first four of five years teaches the basics of body movement. The exercise of the whole body and all it's functions. The specific style is complementary. If it doesn't appear so, if it seems it doesn't encompass full body basics it just might not be good basic kungfu. It teaches body mechanics in a progressive way and gives you a method of breaking down mechanics and leaning how to exercise. From a good basic kungfu, you should be able to take up any sport and know how to practice it and be successful.
    It's a very ambitious definition.
    After you learn kungf/TMA basics you can start to learn kungfu/TMA.

Simplified kungfu/TMA is fragmented TMA, It's just isolated movements. It's the twigs of branches of a limb of a tree, not too meaningful or useful and the root still needs to be learned.
    ---
    North American culture often tries to interferes with TMA learning. If people learn something external to themselves and it doesn't change them, then their MA is weak. People can't see their culture or their socialization, like a fish is unaware of water. TMA practices help the student distance themselves from their constraining physical and mental culture and the traditional physical practices help them dis-identify with the forces that manipulative them.

People carry mental constraint in their body from their culture and in the same way they carry physical constraint from their culture. So basic TMA is also training the mind which is not the case with casual or superficial learning.
    It does seem that the cellphone texting generation lives in a world of distraction and superficiality.They suffer from a snowflake style eduction and are suffering under a constant barrage of mind crippling propaganda from the Globalist owned media that keeps them from thinking clearly for the purposes of social control. It's very hard for them to follow a way of self-disciple and self development. So certainly contempory culture has an effect on the transmission of TMA. It looks like HK is no exception.

I heard from someone who was there, that Gozo Shioda said on his deathbed: "I am the last" which I was thinking might be a shock to a gathering of his most dedicated followers. If I interpret the meaning of that correctly.
    Last edited by wolfen; 09-17-2016 at 12:53 AM.
    "顺其自然"

the new "bruce lee" movie main stars white man asian woman romance. this is spirit of american kung fu.

Blog Entries
    the new "bruce lee" movie main stars white man asian woman romance. this is spirit of american kung fu.
    shut the **** up
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

you are also essence of american kung fu. small hearted with no anus, petty, vain.

Blog Entries
    you are also essence of american kung fu. small hearted with no anus, petty, vain.
    you need to be shot in the face multiple times mother facker.

"they pretend to be us while pretending we dont exist"
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    you need to be shot in the face multiple times mother facker.
    lol i was on welfare until last year im the real urban kung fu. post new video bro i wanna see dat belly wobble

Blog Entries
    lol i was on welfare until last year im the real urban kung fu. post new video bro i wanna see dat belly wobble
    come to san francisco and i'll show it to you nice and up close.

your entire 6 years of batsh1t crazy hostility was me making joke on facebook pretend to be chinese mom saying YOU ARE THE FAT and i didnt know you actually knew NOTHING about chinese culture cues. pretty much all the chinatown panda express kung fu hobby lobby crackerjacks i met were like you. petty to the max

Blog Entries
    your entire 6 years of batsh1t crazy hostility was me making joke on facebook pretend to be chinese mom saying YOU ARE THE FAT and i didnt know you actually knew NOTHING about chinese culture cues. pretty much all the chinatown panda express kung fu hobby lobby crackerjacks i met were like you. petty to the max
    come to sf and we can pick out the milk carton the police will use to put your face on. "HAVE YOU SEE ME? I'M SEEM TO BE MISSING".

PU$$Y